Subject: "I understand your point but..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21347
Show all folders

ScrimbulSun 11-May-08 05:38 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#21377, "I understand your point but..."

Just FYI, I'm going to assume I'm one of the chumps that get you shafted and play devil's advocate here.

Just as often as imms give out rewards, they do dumb #### like give solo rankers exp-holes by transing them into noexit rooms with level 60 mobs, or kill stray innocents during quest mob attacks. For some of these characters it's a matter of a few minutes of extra ranking but for many uncaballeds it's hours worth of work.

Believe it or not each player can decide when they roll up a character whether they want to put the work into a cabal. Sometimes even cabals are too much work, the game is a big enough timesink as it is.

Sometimes a player rolls a character without wanting to play the game of 'You were about to get something cool if you hung out for one more day but you deleted. Oh well.'

Or 'You were cool but this guy was cooler so I gave him imm XP instead. I didn't check to see that he had gotten 25k xp from his favorite imm before already because it shouldn't change whether he got it this time around.'

Or maybe we just flat don't feel like getting killed/smited/slain/plagued for taking a piece of shiny gear from some imm follower's corpse and then treated like it was blasphemy when said roleplayer probably should have teleported from the shrine area.

If you want attention, use the 'pray' command for your character's inner monologues and stop blaming me for feeling like there are no imms that aren't either going to subject me to impossible challenges, be impossible to catch or flat don't fit any roles I want to play, k? Chances are I may have a cool role but don't have the energy or desire to play out it's little perks because I'm a bit busy scheming the way I'm going to relieve a decked character of a key piece of gear or get back at someone that betrayed me, or just trying to get some god damn levels in a PK range stacked against me and/or my groupmates, a PK range that you probably are on the other side of twiddling your thumbs wondering why you don't get a pat on the head.

The imms are doing what they can and it's not their fault the cabal channel makes that easier.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUncabal = neglected. Discuss. [View all] , wareagle, Sat 10-May-08 03:11 AM
Reply RE: Uncabal = neglected. Discuss., Kalageadon, 10-May-08 03:12 PM, #6
Reply Since it is known..., Eshval, 10-May-08 12:52 PM, #5
Reply By 'love me' I assume..., GinGa, 10-May-08 05:31 PM, #7
Reply You mean I bite you?!!!, Eshval, 10-May-08 09:21 PM, #9
Reply RE: Since it is known..., TheFrog, 10-May-08 08:54 PM, #8
     Reply If you don't want IMMteraction., wareagle, 10-May-08 10:31 PM, #10
          Reply I understand your point but..., Scrimbul, 11-May-08 05:38 PM #11
               Reply RE: I understand your point but..., Valguarnera, 11-May-08 05:44 PM, #12
                    Reply I don't have any particularly recent examples..., Scrimbul, 11-May-08 07:37 PM, #13
                         Reply RE: I don't have any particularly recent examples..., Valguarnera, 11-May-08 08:45 PM, #14
Reply Problem with Uncaballed, Braemir, 10-May-08 08:34 AM, #2
Reply Probably, Rayihn, 10-May-08 07:09 AM, #1
     Reply A+, wareagle, 10-May-08 09:59 AM, #3
          Reply Well, you're right, Rayihn, 10-May-08 10:05 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21347 Previous topic | Next topic