Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1253
Show all folders

incognitoWed 11-Jun-03 03:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1275, "ganging, and avoiding it"

I agree that almost invariably if you get ganged it was due to a lack of awareness.

Even playing a non-detecting class I'll know what rangers are around most of the time, which thieves and assassins, which arcanes. I'll know where to be if gaunting conjies are around, or air shifters.

Know when to fly, when to carry a wand of return instead of a potion, when to reduce etc, and most gangs will waste a lot of time hunting you down and give up for easier targets.

Combine that with potions of teleport and knowing when to fight and run, and gangs do really only catch the unwary unless roleplay has put them into a position when they have to face the gang.

I'm not a fan of ganging, but for me it comes down to respect. I respect someone able to kill alone. Once I know they are able to kill someone competant alone I don't care if they gang. If I know they can't kill someone competant without a gang, they suck at pk. Doesn't mean they suck at the game, but they still suck at pk. (Some exception being made for healers and arcanes, say.) No one should really die to a gang. 90% of the time when I have it was my own fault. In line with this, 100% of the people I have killed (on my own) who complained about it died through a mistake on their part. Never use things like injury as an excuse. Keep yourself strong enough to fight or accept the risk of dying fast.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGanging, Tactics and Suggestions... Oh My! [View all] , Zepachu, Wed 11-Jun-03 11:06 AM
Reply ganging, and avoiding it, incognito, 11-Jun-03 03:12 PM #5
Reply RE: Ganging, Tactics and Suggestions... Oh My!, Gabe, 11-Jun-03 11:49 AM, #2
Reply RE: Ganging, Tactics and Suggestions... Oh My!, Zepachu, 11-Jun-03 12:44 PM, #4
Reply Rebuttal., Isildur, 11-Jun-03 11:49 AM, #1
     Reply Rebuttal and Idea!, Zepachu, 11-Jun-03 12:36 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1253 Previous topic | Next topic