Subject: "Eastern Road=Newbie death trap" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1160
Show all folders

GwynWed 11-Jun-03 01:38 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2003
38 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1268, "Eastern Road=Newbie death trap"

(***): Unwritten Rule #23857 of CF: If you are on Eastern, you are daring people to kill you.

Or, like me, you have no idea how to get from the Western part of the continent to the Eastern part without taking Eastern Road. Is it a conspiracy that you are taught as a newbie that this is the route to take to Hamsah and Arkham? It's like "here you go newbie, this is the way to Arkham. (but I'm not going to tell you that if you use this road on a regular basis you're painting a target on yourself)"

And don't think I haven't tried finding another route, I have. I've either gotten lost or run into a dead end or something every single time I've tried. But then I kind of suck at finding my way around anyway. Is it actually possible to get from say Balator to the Inn or Galadon without ever stepping foot on Eastern? And I'm talking about a lowbie, without magic, without preps, who has to walk it. I know I can't be the only one who finds this to be difficult, even if I am bad at directions.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShift in playing style: Flame away [View all] , Kadsuane, Thu 05-Jun-03 01:16 AM
Reply I think you are looking at things through some bizzaro ..., permanewbie, 05-Jun-03 12:49 PM, #5
Reply The numbers, Wilhath, 05-Jun-03 01:53 PM, #6
Reply Underdog, Wilhath, 05-Jun-03 09:20 AM, #4
Reply I've just a wee bit of time, so..., Narissa, 05-Jun-03 03:07 AM, #2
Reply I'd give it time. (long-ish), Valguarnera, 05-Jun-03 02:51 AM, #1
     Reply Excellent, Aidan, 05-Jun-03 08:35 AM, #3
     Reply RE: I'd give it time. (long-ish), Falstaff, 05-Jun-03 03:13 PM, #7
     Reply Eastern Road=Newbie death trap, Gwyn, 11-Jun-03 01:38 PM #8
          Reply RE: Eastern Road=Newbie death trap, Quislet, 12-Jun-03 05:09 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1160 Previous topic | Next topic