Subject: "There is a lot of misinfo here." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15150
Show all folders

GinGaTue 07-Nov-06 08:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15152, "There is a lot of misinfo here."

In eight months, I had mastered maybe two classes and learned only about 25% of the story background to CF's diverse and rich world.

Every class has strengths and weaknesses. A ranger that's been faerie fogged/fired is suddenly a lot less cocky. A paladin thats been dispelled is less like a Ligerdillo and more like a very soft guy with a big sword. An earth-bound or entwined airform suddenly finds itself in a very scary position. The list goes on and on, whatever you're fight has a very serious fear. Exploit it.

After that time you seem to believe you know all there is to PK. What this post largely indicates if you have a poor idea of how many classes work.

Bards, for one, are easily the most powerful class in the game. They are excellent at exploring, have good inherent damage reduction ontop of dodge, parry and shield block skills. They are unparalled at 'mass effects', have some good non-song skills to boot and scroll/staff skills. I could go on for hours about Bards, in some peoples eyes they're overpowered.

Invokers are fragile, but they have immense power in their spells/shields and 'traps' - for which they don't even need to be present to have work. Their shields are much coveted by other classes, if you don't have ABS - get someone else to tank for you.

Shaman's cannot dispel ABS. False info!

The amount of ways to get sanctuary without a healer/paladin casting it - I can count on my hand. The same hand I crippled in an unfortunate combine harvester accident to have three of my fingers removed. Yeah.

Shapeshifters get these skills as spells. And if you were half as in touch with the game as you 'claim' - you'd know haste was just largely removed altogether as a prep. (Disclaimer: Rare exceptions remain. Also much, much harder to use/get)

Aura/barrier/shield is not necessary to pk. Its damn helpful but I would take a second person fighting with me over having all three any day. A healer, for example, fighting by your side is superior in most aspects. Or an invoker who you can drive/rescue/blind for!

All you have to do is flick down the huge list of logs at www.QHCF.net to see there are plenty of people defying your text every day. Its not about one-on-one duelling - we'd all have closed arena's if thats what we liked. Preps last only so long - you can try running someone about until they wear off. And not everything is as it seems - that guy may have just healing cursed you, but he burned 260/680 mana trying to.

Truth is, you just won't know for sure until you play it. Feel free to ask us questions on the main board of our site, or on the newbie section of this one, and we can help dispel some of these illusions you have. Enjoy!

Yhorian.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicYour Player Base is getting Smaller [View all] , Funnyone, Tue 07-Nov-06 06:43 AM
Reply Ummm, dude, let me try and give another N00bs opinion o..., TheLastMohican, 07-Nov-06 06:39 PM, #11
Reply RE: Your Player Base is getting Smaller, Funnyone, 07-Nov-06 07:10 AM, #1
     Reply There is a lot of misinfo here., GinGa, 07-Nov-06 08:30 AM #2
     Reply RE: There is a lot of misinfo here., Funnyone, 07-Nov-06 11:11 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 12:10 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, N b M, 07-Nov-06 01:34 PM, #8
          Reply Huh. Never thought of it like that. Good point n/t, Stunna, 08-Nov-06 08:48 AM, #15
          Reply Makes sense. nt, silencedstatik, 08-Nov-06 04:00 PM, #17
          Reply Looting solutions:, Caleban, 08-Nov-06 07:37 PM, #18
          Reply These are solid solutions. I hope they are taken seriou..., trh, 08-Nov-06 10:20 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, Kastellyn, 09-Nov-06 01:50 PM, #21
               Reply RE: Theory fighting:, elmeri_, 13-Nov-06 08:06 AM, #22
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, Coriolanius, 07-Nov-06 09:48 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, (NOT Pro), 09-Nov-06 12:22 PM, #20
          Reply Time for a breakdown., GinGa, 08-Nov-06 03:38 AM, #13
          Reply Use square brackets for tags here., DurNominator, 08-Nov-06 01:07 PM, #16
          Reply RE: There is a lot of misinfo here., Mayaletha, 08-Nov-06 04:56 AM, #14
     Reply Bleah...., Zargu, 07-Nov-06 01:19 PM, #5
     Reply Some specifics: Priests, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 01:29 PM, #6
     Reply Some specifics: Bards:, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 01:34 PM, #7
     Reply Some specifics: Rangers:, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 01:46 PM, #9
     Reply Re: preps, TheDude, 07-Nov-06 05:05 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Re: preps, Funnyone, 17-Nov-06 03:44 PM, #23
               Reply RE: Re: preps, Tac, 17-Nov-06 04:43 PM, #24
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15150 Previous topic | Next topic