Subject: "RE: Your Player Base is getting Smaller" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15150
Show all folders

FunnyoneTue 07-Nov-06 07:10 AM
Member since 10th Jul 2006
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15151, "RE: Your Player Base is getting Smaller"

I'm going to get this place, and I'm going to learn where all these preps are at that everyone lives and dies by. I'm going to learn this, but I dont want to learn them later on, and by that time others have quit the place. I love CF right now, but I just wish everything wasn't about taking all the corpse, and no prep necessary.

You fight someone, and get them to writhing or gushing, ect.. ALMOST DEAD, and they flee, camo and 1 tick later come back in perfect health, or few scratches and ambush again vs me who doesn't really know where preps are at, and makes me flee. Then he has the nerve to say that I'm pathetic at pking, and I run like a "girl" in his language. You dont see something wrong with that? I'm not complaining, I'm not, but where is the skill? What makes these classes so special from the other ones? You have certain heros that I've seen pretty much have no skill besides an ambush. Do basically no damage except heal, and come back and ambush again while fully preped.

I mean go down the list, and tell me what makes these classes special?

Shapeshifters - they change into an animal, they get haste, and stone skin. Those are their major spells. But you can go find haste, and stone skin other places in thera. Again, what makes them special when others can get the same protections, and enhancements that they can get? They can turn into an animal and get owned?

Transmuters - They have all those hardening spells, or you can go the other way and "malleability" i think is what it's called. They can soften your skin, and disrupt your muscle. This class is cool because of it's spells, but is horrible unless you have ABS. You will just get owned. If you get ABS you are considered a god in the pk eyes.

Paladin/Healer/Shaman- Your major defense is Sanctuary, and second is protection. This is what makes this class different from others. But, what makes them special from other classes when any other class can go out and get preps to get sanctuary, or ABS, and more? What makes these classes special again? Please, do not theory fight me either. Well, a shaman can dispel your ABS, and all other stuff. How long can a shaman really last in a fight? They just keep getting hit at higher ranks, and dont really hit back except with their maladictions, but by that time they need to flee. I'm just posting as to what I've seen at higher ranking fights. But that's not the point, the point was that what makes these classes special with their defensive capabilities is that they get the sanctuary spell. But, when others can get it too, what makes them special?

Invokers- They get all those shields after all that work it takes to learn all those spells. THey also get owned by anyone who can hit worth a crap. They get owned period if they do not have ABS. What makes this class special when they need to have ABS or they will just die. The amount of time it takes to get an invoker stronger is just not worth it when you get owned all the time, even with those fire shield, lightning shield, ect...Up.

Bards - They are annoying, but really need ABS too. They just get hit. They have nice songs they sing, oh my god they are nice. I've been hit by a couple, very annoying, but they need ABS too so they can compete.

Ok, there are more examples, but I dont have time. The point is that the number one reason why I think this player base is going down is because of full looting. I've seen and heard newbies, or even experienced players rage delete, or just quit because they got full looted for no reason. Others say they dont do that, but I've only seen one person not full loot someone else. That person was a rager who just took the potions out of the corpse and sac them. BUT, do not sit here and think that ragers are the end all, because you know for a fact that's BS. I dont know what their RP is, but really, do they need to attack everyone in rank? Do they need to attack neutral thiefs, paladins, or other warriors? Their RP is to hate magic users, and that's fine, but come on. Attacking everyone in rank, give me a break, that's not RP. That's another story though.

1. Full looting

2. Pk is based on preps. If you do not know where preps are, then you do not win. Dont tell me to go find the preps, because I will. But, i'm just speaking honestly that this mud is based on the amount of preps you have, and how much healing you can eat/quaff/recite, ect..

When you have the preps, both opponents, then you dont have what makes every class different in the first place. These classes have spells, and supplications that are different from another class. You have them to make things different, but when you have pills, scrolls, or whatever else that gives that classes shield, or commune to another class then you dont have anything that distinguishes one classes shields vs another. That's all I'm saying. Not complaing, because i'm going to learn where they are located at. I can pk now very well without preps with my characters, so it can get only better when I do know where they are at.

Just a thought, but what if you had a world (CF) where there were no preps. There was no ABS scrolls, wands, ect.. There were no haste potions to quaff. There was nothing that you could quaff, or take to let you have the stone skin of a shapeshifter. Nothing that you could quaff, or zap, or whatever that would give you shield, aura, or barrier. You had only what your class had. How well do youthink you'd do then?

Ok, back to playing my warrior eventhough I have a Thesis to write, but I just can't get away from this game.

This was just my two cents from what I've seen in my 8 months of playing CF.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicYour Player Base is getting Smaller [View all] , Funnyone, Tue 07-Nov-06 06:43 AM
Reply Ummm, dude, let me try and give another N00bs opinion o..., TheLastMohican, 07-Nov-06 06:39 PM, #11
Reply RE: Your Player Base is getting Smaller, Funnyone, 07-Nov-06 07:10 AM #1
     Reply There is a lot of misinfo here., GinGa, 07-Nov-06 08:30 AM, #2
     Reply RE: There is a lot of misinfo here., Funnyone, 07-Nov-06 11:11 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 12:10 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, N b M, 07-Nov-06 01:34 PM, #8
          Reply Huh. Never thought of it like that. Good point n/t, Stunna, 08-Nov-06 08:48 AM, #15
          Reply Makes sense. nt, silencedstatik, 08-Nov-06 04:00 PM, #17
          Reply Looting solutions:, Caleban, 08-Nov-06 07:37 PM, #18
          Reply These are solid solutions. I hope they are taken seriou..., trh, 08-Nov-06 10:20 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, Kastellyn, 09-Nov-06 01:50 PM, #21
               Reply RE: Theory fighting:, elmeri_, 13-Nov-06 08:06 AM, #22
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, Coriolanius, 07-Nov-06 09:48 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Theory fighting:, (NOT Pro), 09-Nov-06 12:22 PM, #20
          Reply Time for a breakdown., GinGa, 08-Nov-06 03:38 AM, #13
          Reply Use square brackets for tags here., DurNominator, 08-Nov-06 01:07 PM, #16
          Reply RE: There is a lot of misinfo here., Mayaletha, 08-Nov-06 04:56 AM, #14
     Reply Bleah...., Zargu, 07-Nov-06 01:19 PM, #5
     Reply Some specifics: Priests, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 01:29 PM, #6
     Reply Some specifics: Bards:, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 01:34 PM, #7
     Reply Some specifics: Rangers:, Valguarnera, 07-Nov-06 01:46 PM, #9
     Reply Re: preps, TheDude, 07-Nov-06 05:05 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Re: preps, Funnyone, 17-Nov-06 03:44 PM, #23
               Reply RE: Re: preps, Tac, 17-Nov-06 04:43 PM, #24
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15150 Previous topic | Next topic