Subject: "RE: Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3515
Show all folders

Ayathkiran (Anonymous)Sat 08-Oct-11 02:36 PM
Charter member
#3524, "RE: Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?"

>Or just disconnect and void out. Next time you log on, maybe
>someone will be online who can help you. Or, attack the
>centurions and die. Your character has a hangup about
>suicide; that doesn't necessarily mean he has a hangup about
>going out in a blaze of glory.

Thank you all for the replies, sorry if I was a little melodramatic, it's aggravating as all get out to be just starting out, never have interacted with a cabal and get an out of pk range harassment like that. It's clear to me that there were several viable options for escape and I wasnt thorough enough in my research. I'll reply here in no particular order to the comments.

I'd like to say I dont think the tone of "you're a liar" is really appropriate, I was wrong, but through ignorance not deceit. I didnt lie about the RP of my character, I desperately wanted to just pay them and be through, I explored the area, sent tells out, waited about hoping someone else would log on I could ask, etc.

I was in the fortress of light, as the gates of hamsah were locked I was heading to Hamsah to purchase a return, as I stated in my original post, I had just used mine. I've since explored the river and found that I can enter hamsah at night, so as to avoid being stuck this way again. I also now know that these can be purchased in Galadon I also see now that this is in fact not a dead end zone and has a secret exit. I'd walked around and hadnt seen an obvious exit, and assumed incorrectly.

I wasnt aware that mages could use word on others, thank you for this it would have likely solved my problem. There were mages on between 30 and 40th rank I would have appealed to, who I didnt think could defeat such high level centurions.

I thought that imperial lands were similar to other cabals and that I would either be blocked from entry or attacked by a guardian(taking this from what I see in the combat logs of people raiding cabals, massive guardians who seem to pack a lot more punch than a level 15 can handle.) I guess I'll head in and explore, though that mindset is what resulted in my needing a new return potion

To a certain extent I was reluctant to speak with random players, there were two hero level players on whom I believed their ethos/alignment would make it likely they would assist me but I wasnt able to reach one "your message didnt get through" and the other logged off as I tried to appeal to him for aid. I could have sent random other tells out to players, but the player who placed the centurions was a hero, and I'm not sure how their level would relate to their creators, I assumed they are similar.

I had though if appealing IC on pray, but I went the route of dropping link as I didnt want to get into a situation at such a low rank that would negatively impact my character long term. Ie a bargain with a devil or such.

Again, thanks for the responses and I appreciate the opportunity to discuss this on a ooc forum to get insight into ways to resolve IC situations.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDealing with centurions? [View all] , Ayathkiran (Anonymous), Thu 06-Oct-11 10:19 PM
Reply Either, incognito, 07-Oct-11 08:20 PM, #6
Reply I'm left to speculate, but., Homard, 07-Oct-11 06:28 AM, #4
Reply RE: Dealing with centurions?, Daevryn, 07-Oct-11 12:33 AM, #3
Reply Have you already asked every non-Imperial hero?, DurNominator, 07-Oct-11 12:04 AM, #2
Reply Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?, Artificial, 06-Oct-11 10:26 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?, Isildur, 07-Oct-11 12:36 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?, Ayathkiran (Anonymous), 08-Oct-11 02:36 PM #7
               Reply Perhaps you should re-read my post, incognito, 08-Oct-11 03:21 PM, #8
               Reply Keep of the Righteous, Twist, 08-Oct-11 04:00 PM, #9
               Reply I wouldn't recommend the IC pray, by the way, incognito, 08-Oct-11 06:58 PM, #10
                    Reply RE: I wouldn't recommend the IC pray, by the way, Rayihn, 08-Oct-11 08:06 PM, #11
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3515 Previous topic | Next topic