Subject: "RE: Dealing with centurions?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3515
Show all folders

DaevrynFri 07-Oct-11 12:33 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3519, "RE: Dealing with centurions?"

Imperial Lands are about the only place that could be. There's not many other places with roads that there isn't another way out of.

I recommend not going into Imperial Lands without a return potion and probably a teleport potion as a character who is completely unwilling to pay Centurions to preserve his life.

This is a game where a character's particular ethics can often create a situation in which they will die. The Battle cabal is the most obvious example of this, but not the only example. This is part of the fun and challenge of playing a character with an inflexible moral code. If you don't yet feel up to the mechanical challenges and hardships of playing such a character, you might enjoy a more morally flexible character for now.

Not even every character in an opposing cabal or alignment should necessarily be unwilling to pay Centurions to pass them undetected. Books and films are full of heroic characters doing sneaky things, disguising themselves, or paying bribes to execute covert operations at to their enemies' detriment.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDealing with centurions? [View all] , Ayathkiran (Anonymous), Thu 06-Oct-11 10:19 PM
Reply Either, incognito, 07-Oct-11 08:20 PM, #6
Reply I'm left to speculate, but., Homard, 07-Oct-11 06:28 AM, #4
Reply RE: Dealing with centurions?, Daevryn, 07-Oct-11 12:33 AM #3
Reply Have you already asked every non-Imperial hero?, DurNominator, 07-Oct-11 12:04 AM, #2
Reply Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?, Artificial, 06-Oct-11 10:26 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?, Isildur, 07-Oct-11 12:36 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Why not ask Baerinika or someone to save you?, Ayathkiran (Anonymous), 08-Oct-11 02:36 PM, #7
               Reply Perhaps you should re-read my post, incognito, 08-Oct-11 03:21 PM, #8
               Reply Keep of the Righteous, Twist, 08-Oct-11 04:00 PM, #9
               Reply I wouldn't recommend the IC pray, by the way, incognito, 08-Oct-11 06:58 PM, #10
                    Reply RE: I wouldn't recommend the IC pray, by the way, Rayihn, 08-Oct-11 08:06 PM, #11
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3515 Previous topic | Next topic