Subject: "RE: A short introduction." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1226
Show all folders

LyedenThu 09-Aug-07 12:57 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
49 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1242, "RE: A short introduction."

>Depends on a few things. Rank is one. A hero healer has a
>lot less to fear from a "bad" teleport than does a lower
>ranked healer. However, it's possible to teleport directly
>into death traps, so the hero healer can still die that way.
>Teleporting is somewhat less dangerous for healers compared to
>other classes because they get alot of built-in damage
>reduction and lag protection (i.e. fly and protective shield).
> So if you do teleport into some aggressive mob, you
>have a better chance than some other classes do of being able
>to word or flee/teleport away.

I think I'll try to stick to more predictable methods of travel, at least for now. Or just gool old running. Heh. I did teleport to get out once, ended up being lost but safe at least.

>That said, you don't have a ton to fear from hiding classes
>outside of assassinate. If a thief jacks you, you can
>probably last long enough to word. Ditto with assassin. So
>in that sense, the risk is low. But the assassins know that
>too, so they will probably be trying for the assassinate.
>
>I was exagerrating a little bit when I said, "never ever walk
>out of your guild". Another tip: keep "nofollow" up whenever
>you're not grouped.

I rolled a 10. Only, I didn't even need to step out of my guild :P

Biggest problem is my hometown seems to be a popular spot to level. When recalling, I need to make sure I have every defense possible up, and even then, if people of a certain fighting technique are there, I can be finished in under 10 seconds :x

Speaking of which, is there /any/ place which is safe and I can let my guard down a bit? (Learned the hard and fast way the Inn isnt :P) It's kind of troublesome (and tiresome) to be paranoid every second and to maintain every level of defense possible at all times...

>You can teleport/word out of a guild. Not sure what you mean
>by temple. A shrine? In general, I think you can
>word/teleport of shrines as well.

Nah, meant temples, like the Temple of Galadon, for example. Can't seem to gate into or out of those. As it turns out, teleport and word both work though, as was mentioned.

One more question...This amount of dying has me thinking. What happens when you run out of training sessions and practices? Just have to take it unless you can convince an imm to run a vit quest? Or is there another way (that is, aside from ranking and converting from practices) to get trains or such and maintain con at a high level?

Of course, most people still can't seem to really hurt me, but there's one or two that are good at it and do ridiculous amounts of damage... and with the occasional death from ranking, my con falls from time to time...On the other hand maybe I can survive them now that I've learned absolutely nowhere is safe :P

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA short introduction. [View all] , Lyeden, Sun 05-Aug-07 09:38 PM
Reply Hi, I'm Rayihn, Rayihn, 06-Aug-07 08:33 PM, #2
Reply RE: Hi, I'm Rayihn, Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 01:30 AM, #6
Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 06-Aug-07 11:58 AM, #1
     Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 06-Aug-07 08:56 PM, #3
          Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 06-Aug-07 10:01 PM, #4
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 01:28 AM, #5
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Daevryn, 07-Aug-07 08:56 AM, #7
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 07-Aug-07 03:03 PM, #8
                    Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 07:15 PM, #9
                         Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 07-Aug-07 09:06 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 12:57 PM #15
                                   Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 09-Aug-07 01:52 PM, #18
                                        Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 10:31 PM, #22
                                        Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 10-Aug-07 08:27 AM, #26
                                             Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 09:41 AM, #27
                                                  Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 10-Aug-07 07:30 PM, #32
                                        Reply Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 01:52 AM, #24
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Rayihn, 10-Aug-07 05:43 AM, #25
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 02:26 PM, #28
                                                  Reply RE: Interaction, Rodriguez, 10-Aug-07 03:38 PM, #29
                                                       Reply RE: Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 04:01 PM, #30
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Daevryn, 10-Aug-07 04:09 PM, #31
               Reply On gating, DurNominator, 08-Aug-07 03:17 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 08-Aug-07 04:04 PM, #12
                    Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 08-Aug-07 05:08 PM, #13
                         Reply RE: On gating, Eskelian, 09-Aug-07 02:50 PM, #19
                              Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 09-Aug-07 02:56 PM, #20
                                   Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 09-Aug-07 03:16 PM, #21
                                        Reply RE: On gating, Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 10:32 PM, #23
                    Reply RE: On gating, Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 01:01 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 09-Aug-07 01:39 PM, #16
                         Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 09-Aug-07 01:49 PM, #17
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1226 Previous topic | Next topic