Subject: "RE: A short introduction." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1226
Show all folders

IsildurThu 09-Aug-07 01:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1245, "RE: A short introduction."

>I did teleport to get out once, ended up being lost but safe at
>least.

That's actually sort of a nice bonus to teleporting as a new player. You get thrown into areas you've never seen before, and may not have found outside of a random teleport.

>Biggest problem is my hometown seems to be a popular spot to
>level. When recalling, I need to make sure I have every
>defense possible up, and even then, if people of a certain
>fighting technique are there, I can be finished in under 10
>seconds :x

Unless someone is waiting right at your pit, you should be able to recall and duck into your guild before they notice you're there and attack. That is, assuming you're able to enter the guild without having to wait for you adrenaline to settle.

>Speaking of which, is there /any/ place which is safe and I
>can let my guard down a bit?

In general, no. Some ideas:

1. If you're a healer, then in your guild. An enemy healer can come in and attack you, but healers don't have much to fear from other solo healers.

2. In the Inn of the Eternal Star. You can't be stalked there, and the bouncers will attack anyone who attacks you. That said, the bouncers aren't a huge deterrent for characters at higher levels.

3. In a protected city when there's a visible Tribunal on duty in that city. This will dissuade many people from attacking you, but not all.

4. In the middle of nowhere. It's the old "security through obscurity" concept. If someone can't find you then he can't attack you.

5. Areas with restricted entrance. Maybe the only way into an area (or into a particular part of an area) is with a certain key, and you have the only instance of that key. There are a couple of places like this. Since you can locate objects, you can tell who else has an instance of the key needed to reach your location. (The chess board is like this.)

6. In your deity's shrine. Especially if you get tatoo'd and gain access to the inner sanctum. Though, realize that your deity will almost surely frown on you using the shrine as a place to hide from enemies.

>What happens when you run out of training sessions and practices?

When you're out you're out, short of being given extra CON or practices by an imm. There's a quest that's rumored to give extra trains, but my limited experience suggests it's ridiculously hard to figure out.

The best way to maintain high constitution is to not die very often and to save all your "extra" trains for the purpose of boosting CON instead of HP or another stat.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA short introduction. [View all] , Lyeden, Sun 05-Aug-07 09:38 PM
Reply Hi, I'm Rayihn, Rayihn, 06-Aug-07 08:33 PM, #2
Reply RE: Hi, I'm Rayihn, Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 01:30 AM, #6
Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 06-Aug-07 11:58 AM, #1
     Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 06-Aug-07 08:56 PM, #3
          Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 06-Aug-07 10:01 PM, #4
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 01:28 AM, #5
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Daevryn, 07-Aug-07 08:56 AM, #7
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 07-Aug-07 03:03 PM, #8
                    Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 07:15 PM, #9
                         Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 07-Aug-07 09:06 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 12:57 PM, #15
                                   Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 09-Aug-07 01:52 PM #18
                                        Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 10:31 PM, #22
                                        Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 10-Aug-07 08:27 AM, #26
                                             Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 09:41 AM, #27
                                                  Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 10-Aug-07 07:30 PM, #32
                                        Reply Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 01:52 AM, #24
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Rayihn, 10-Aug-07 05:43 AM, #25
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 02:26 PM, #28
                                                  Reply RE: Interaction, Rodriguez, 10-Aug-07 03:38 PM, #29
                                                       Reply RE: Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 04:01 PM, #30
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Daevryn, 10-Aug-07 04:09 PM, #31
               Reply On gating, DurNominator, 08-Aug-07 03:17 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 08-Aug-07 04:04 PM, #12
                    Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 08-Aug-07 05:08 PM, #13
                         Reply RE: On gating, Eskelian, 09-Aug-07 02:50 PM, #19
                              Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 09-Aug-07 02:56 PM, #20
                                   Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 09-Aug-07 03:16 PM, #21
                                        Reply RE: On gating, Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 10:32 PM, #23
                    Reply RE: On gating, Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 01:01 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 09-Aug-07 01:39 PM, #16
                         Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 09-Aug-07 01:49 PM, #17
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1226 Previous topic | Next topic