Subject: "RE: A short introduction." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1226
Show all folders

DaevrynTue 07-Aug-07 08:56 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1234, "RE: A short introduction."

>Mmm, never had someone go through that much to try and take me
>out, but I'll keep that in mind. I imagine this stuff happens
>more in the higher levels?

Yeah, I think that's fair to say, especially as you make friends/enemies or are caballed.

The good news: As a healer, you have more power than pretty much any single character to assist your allies and really swing the balance of cabal fighting.

The bad news: That can make you a big target.

>Heh, I already have a bunch of aliases set up, I'll be sure to
>add this one. Can you use teleportation potions when you can't
>use the supplication?

Sometimes; if you're in a place that's proof against teleportation, the potion's also no good. On the other hand, if someone's hit you with a forget or worldbind spell, you temporarily can't commune, but can still quaff a potion.

>I'll do that. I've noticed that, when curing others, sometimes
>it can take quite a few attempts to break it. What determins
>that, the skill of the inflicter, or...?

For things like poison/disease/blindness/curses, it's generally the level of the affect, which is often based on the level of the inflicter.

>>5. Keep stuff like sanctuary, protection, flight, protective
>>shield, and detect invisible active as often as you can.
>
>My biggest issue here is mp--I tried this once, and I tend to
>burn through it quickly and most supplications don't seem to
>last too long. More on this in a bit. I do always keep detect
>invis, good, and evil up, and sometimes protection. The first
>three let me know if I need to run at a glance. Heh.

The viability of this somewhat depends on your level. As you get to be higher level, you tend to have more mana and longer durations. Protection should be cheap/long enough to always keep up, though.

>That's good know. Looking through the abilities of a healer,
>it looks like there're some rather nice defenses down the
>road, and some now even. Could you elaborate a little on this,
>though? Never hurts to know one's weaknesses--e.g., what
>circumstances allow for a successful assassination, what does
>worldbind do, and such?

The helpfiles are a good start here, but in short:

- Assassinate requires that the assassin (level 35+) stalk you for a while first. This essentially means they need to be in the same area with you and unseen to you. Actually attempting the assassination will require that they be in the same room with you, like most attacks.

- Worldbind, in short, keeps you from communing for a while. You get a saving throw, and this spell may only be used to initiate combat.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA short introduction. [View all] , Lyeden, Sun 05-Aug-07 09:38 PM
Reply Hi, I'm Rayihn, Rayihn, 06-Aug-07 08:33 PM, #2
Reply RE: Hi, I'm Rayihn, Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 01:30 AM, #6
Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 06-Aug-07 11:58 AM, #1
     Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 06-Aug-07 08:56 PM, #3
          Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 06-Aug-07 10:01 PM, #4
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 01:28 AM, #5
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Daevryn, 07-Aug-07 08:56 AM #7
               Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 07-Aug-07 03:03 PM, #8
                    Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 07-Aug-07 07:15 PM, #9
                         Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 07-Aug-07 09:06 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 12:57 PM, #15
                                   Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 09-Aug-07 01:52 PM, #18
                                        Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 10:31 PM, #22
                                        Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 10-Aug-07 08:27 AM, #26
                                             Reply RE: A short introduction., Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 09:41 AM, #27
                                                  Reply RE: A short introduction., Isildur, 10-Aug-07 07:30 PM, #32
                                        Reply Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 01:52 AM, #24
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Rayihn, 10-Aug-07 05:43 AM, #25
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 02:26 PM, #28
                                                  Reply RE: Interaction, Rodriguez, 10-Aug-07 03:38 PM, #29
                                                       Reply RE: Interaction, Lyeden, 10-Aug-07 04:01 PM, #30
                                             Reply RE: Interaction, Daevryn, 10-Aug-07 04:09 PM, #31
               Reply On gating, DurNominator, 08-Aug-07 03:17 PM, #11
                    Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 08-Aug-07 04:04 PM, #12
                    Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 08-Aug-07 05:08 PM, #13
                         Reply RE: On gating, Eskelian, 09-Aug-07 02:50 PM, #19
                              Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 09-Aug-07 02:56 PM, #20
                                   Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 09-Aug-07 03:16 PM, #21
                                        Reply RE: On gating, Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 10:32 PM, #23
                    Reply RE: On gating, Lyeden, 09-Aug-07 01:01 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: On gating, Isildur, 09-Aug-07 01:39 PM, #16
                         Reply RE: On gating, Daevryn, 09-Aug-07 01:49 PM, #17
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1226 Previous topic | Next topic