Subject: "RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8484
Show all folders

HammerSongTue 13-Aug-02 06:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8505, "RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..."

>Recently I was playing a rager, Karug. I was in the cabal
>for about 4 hours before I got booted for "ganging" a Scion
>thief. I used tactics that have not only always been
>approved tactics, but have gotten other people praise and
>titles in the past. It's very difficult to play in a cabal,
>where the rules for conduct are so damn subject to whim.
>What will get one person titles and stuff, gets another
>person uninducted. It makes a character impossible to play,
>when you have to spend all your time thinking "Will this get
>me praise, or uninduction?"

You've played enough ragers to know Vladamir. What gets me, is that you continue to try to bend the policies. Each time you are called out on it, you cry foul. Sorry, but the standards don't change based on how many ragers you've played.

Contrary to popular belief, Intronan and I do not spend all afternoon snooping battleragers. We've said it once, we'll say it again, people who constantly get away with gang-banging in Battle will eventually get caught. There is a time and a place to use your particular tactic. You used it at the wrong time and the wrong place. When you can get these two sorted out, you'll probably find yourself getting more praise.

>I was told, in a nutshell (and I paraphrase here) "Just
>because you see leader types, and those with special titles
>and such doing things, doesn't make it alright to do", which
>is a crap attitude. Who else are you supposed to use as an
>example? The leaders set the examples people are supposed to
>follow, they set the standards by which everyone else (in
>theory) are judged by.

Exactly. Think leaders haven't been booted for similar crap? You've got a head on your shoulders, use it. Just because tyrannical governments had strong authority figures (Hitler, Fidel Castro, Hussein) doesn't mean those individuals were 'right'. Again, you've played enough ragers to know that scapegoating your mistakes on the leaders is basically futile.

>Basically I was jacked. I made it known to the cabal where I
>was and that I was jacked, not to get someone to come fight
>for me, but to get someone to have my back in case I fell.
>woke up and another rager had the first thief jacked by
>then. I said to the Rager thief "I'm following him". He
>poisoned him, and when this happened, the first thief fled.
>He started running away, and since I was following, and
>noone else was on him, I cranialed. (Oddly enough he fled
>from me ON the cranial hit, which I didn't think possible,
>if cranial hits, shouldn't they not be able to flee while at
>near perfect health, immediately after?) within 60 seconds,
>I'm uninducted.

Why didn't you specify that you wanted that person to have your back? You had plenty of time, in between rager thief cleaning this guy's pockets, to say something. Instead you said, I'll follow - presuming that once (assailant thief) fled from the initial attack, you'd hit him again in order to keep him from getting away (which you did). No matter how much you try to sugar-coat this, you were part of a gang-bang attempt in a situation where it was not needed. I happened to be watching. If you are willing to take those risks, accept the consequences when an authority figure of battle happens to be watching.

Continuing with this...you then failed to accept that this was wrong. Refusing to accept that this was wrong, and pointing out that it had been done before, is what got you uninducted.

Follow that with the fact that you resorted to cussing at Mr. Immortal over the pray channel and you've basically dug yourself a six foot hole in a matter of minutes.

>Lets turn back time a few weeks. I'm playing a different
>character. An uncaballed non mage. I attack a villager. A
>different villager sings me to sleep after the first flees.
>A second villager poisons me. Third villager starts spamming
>cranial. I talk to a leader type and am told "It's called
>tactics. Only one person was hitting you at a time. Deal
>with it." (again, a bit of a paraphrase)I notice a short
>time later one of those ragers involved in the "non-gang"
>has a shiny new title.

I have no idea of the situation you're referring to. Produce a log and we'll pick it apart. Again, there is a time and a place. If you were raiding and your padres left you hanging to fight in the village alone, I wouldn't bust the chops of villagers who killed you in the village. The same could and would be said of a raid against another cabal.

Also, as I stated up above - We aren't watching every incident. Don't fault us for something we have not seen.

>Sure, I could have tried to get reinducted, instead of
>telling the immortal in question he was a horses ass, and
>completely biased. But why should I have to? More

Let' see. Because this is a game and said immortals happen to be the 'GODS' of this game? You want to play with no policies or restrictions on you? Don't join a cabal. Pretty simple.

>importantly, after following the examples set by those with
>leadership positions and titles proclaiming their prowess
>and eliteness in battle, and being uninducted, why the hell
>would I WANT to get reinducted? What in any of that sounds
>even remotely fun for someone who is playing a game?

>It just becomes glaringly apparent when someone is "gifted"
>and can do no wrong, and when they aren't. There's so much
>concern about taking away the rager "funstick", but it seems
>that concern only applies to certain people, while others
>are just beat down with that same funstick.

The 'funstick' refers to game mechanics, not cabal policies. Policies are pretty cut and dry, but hell, if you feel the need to make a mockery of me by quoting me, more power to you.

On a side note: Something I mentioned in an earlier post.

Immortals (none that I've seen )don't start these long flames that produce slander about other character. More often than not, a player will come here or to other sites to vent their frustrations. These usually result in some immortal being called a 'jackass,' declaring that that immortal 'doesn't know squat,' and turns into a bandwagon of players agreeing with this.

Note: You don't see immortals starting these threads about 'your' character. We have every right to respond in any manner we feel is appropriate, including calling your character out on the spread if misinformation.

I don't think there is much of a line between the immortals and players, but whatever line there is, is propagated by slander on the forums. Stop the slander and you'll probably erase the line. Instead of e-mailing Thror and saying 'Hey Thror, what the hell did I do wrong back there!" - You are in essence going out the door and yelling in public "Thror is an asshole/idiot/stubborn bastard!"

I bet you'll find one approach more constructive than the other.

Just some ancient dwarven advice.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Barponrye the Exile of War, Crutch Seeker [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 11-Aug-02 04:01 PM
Reply ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf drive., Barponrye (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:17 PM, #1
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Martinian (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:28 PM, #2
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Barponrye (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:41 PM, #3
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Orinah (Guest), 11-Aug-02 04:50 PM, #4
          Reply unless you heard what i said, stfu, Barponrye (Guest), 11-Aug-02 05:05 PM, #5
               Reply RE: unless you heard what i said, stfu, Orinah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 12:26 PM, #8
     Reply Good fight(s), Jareiah (Guest), 11-Aug-02 08:35 PM, #6
     Reply Can't say I'm sorry to see you go..., Falax (Guest), 12-Aug-02 01:07 AM, #7
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., HammerSong, 12-Aug-02 01:23 PM, #9
     Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Barponrye (Guest), 12-Aug-02 03:07 PM, #10
          Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., ChocolateBunnys (Guest), 12-Aug-02 06:21 PM, #12
          Reply RE: ill say goodbyes later, ive lost alot of my cf driv..., Intronan, 12-Aug-02 07:05 PM, #13
               Reply *sigh*, Cat (Guest), 12-Aug-02 07:58 PM, #14
               Reply I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 12-Aug-02 09:58 PM, #15
               Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 06:03 AM #19
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 13-Aug-02 12:10 PM, #22
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 01:20 PM, #27
                         Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 13-Aug-02 01:43 PM, #30
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Gabe, 13-Aug-02 12:24 PM, #23
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Vladamir, 13-Aug-02 12:42 PM, #24
                    Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 01:00 PM, #26
                         Reply RE: I'd like to expand on this a bit..., Gabe, 13-Aug-02 01:27 PM, #28
                    Reply Thank you, Thror, for this paragraph, Kravidian, 13-Aug-02 08:39 PM, #36
               Reply RE: *sigh*, HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 05:35 AM, #17
                    Reply A few points, Cat (Guest), 13-Aug-02 11:43 AM, #20
                         Reply RE: A few points, HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 12:51 PM, #25
                         Reply You seem to feel tremendously persecuted, Cat (Guest), 13-Aug-02 04:14 PM, #33
                              Reply RE: You seem to feel tremendously persecuted, HammerSong, 13-Aug-02 07:53 PM, #35
                                   Reply RE: You seem to feel tremendously persecuted, Kurkamor, 13-Aug-02 09:02 PM, #37
                         Reply Gotta back thror on an issue or two..., Marcus_, 13-Aug-02 01:35 PM, #29
                              Reply Top two paradoxes in cf cabal dogma, Cat (Guest), 13-Aug-02 04:35 PM, #34
               Reply Cool ??, Gorach, 13-Aug-02 01:17 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Cool ??, Intronan, 13-Aug-02 05:49 AM, #18
                         Reply and, Laios (Guest), 13-Aug-02 11:54 AM, #21
                         Reply Bah !, Gorach, 13-Aug-02 03:14 PM, #31
                              Reply Oh .. right .. hang on .., Gorach, 13-Aug-02 03:16 PM, #32
     Reply See...now I know why I liked Witevo., Yuber (Guest), 12-Aug-02 03:17 PM, #11
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8484 Previous topic | Next topic