Show all folders

Goapa (Guest)Wed 13-Mar-02 03:02 PM

#5131, "Ok...."

>You forgot treating everyone like they are worth nothing to
>you.
>
>2) This is just flat wrong. I treated everyone in the
>village the same, minus Lob and Nery.

My point exactly. You treated anyone not nice and titled up (leader or god) like they were yours to push around however you wanted.

>Your whiny crying double note to get someone kicked out even
>though you were wrong in the situation.
>
>3) I have those notes. I just re-read them. in none of them
>did I say "I deserve" or try to get anyone kicked out. I
>even mentioned MANY times in those notes how the
>disagreement between you and I was of a personal nature, and
>that I thought it said NOTHING of your worth (positive or
>negative) in the village. I even said many times that I did
>NOT think you should get kicked out.

You were trying to get me kicked out for disobeying a direct order.

>The general, and a respected elder, had a disagreement on
>what "War" meant. Sehvoor thought "WAR" meant that we
>should show them no mercy until told the war is over.

Tell me when you are done snorting coke. So in your eyes you should just continue a needless war and waste needless lives over and over and over until someone higher up wises up. And the person who wises up has not been seen for over two weeks (and Loborguz admitted and stated he was gone for two two week periods).

The difference between Goapa and Sehvoor was Goapa thought about the situation at hand, weighed the balances and looked into the future and all Sehvoor saw was you must follow the standing order at all times no matter how stupid you think it is or how wrong it is for the village.

Your character actually believed that after we had installed the road that continuing the war against sylvan was a good idea? We had taken them out of the equation, put them on the sidelines of our war and are now NOT THE FOCUS OF THE WAR (which is one of the basic new ideals of the village, focus on the problem not the sidelines) because they never could ambush us in the forest ever again. Now instead of soothing the savage beast and trying to make peace with them and refocusing the war on what we needed to, you just gave them all the more reason to hate the village.

All of this was going on during a time period that NO ONE had seen the commander for two weeks and no one was stepping up for the betterment of the village.

What Goapa was trying to explain to you which you summarily dismissed is that we are wasting resources fighting sylvan now and it will waste even more down the line (as illustrated by what happened after because of this open ended front).

>You thought "WAR" meant we should show them no mercy until you
>disagree with the war, and to hell with the commander. So I
>wrote some notes to my higher ups explaining the nature of
>the disagreement, because they should always be apraised of
>what is going on in the Village. While I (the player)
>thought you had no legs to stand on, Sehvoor (the character)
>respected that you had your opinion, and decided to take our
>differences of opinion to the higher ups.

As a player you cannot see the reasoning about this? It is the line between gaining your goal and refocusing on what we were supposed to be focusing on and wasting valuable CONSTUTION and characters fighting sylvans when they no longer mattered in the equation.

You stepped in and unillaterally announced without any forethought for the village or the people who were actually fighting the sylvan war an order that went against the goals of the village.

Your war Sehvoor was to uphold chain of command instead of being in the best interest of the village and its goals and dealing with the ever changing situation on hand.

What Goapa was trying to do is not have the cabal micromanaged by immortals and input some direly needed mortal action and decision making. It was not coming from the Commander who had GONE off somewhere and it was not coming from you because you were just stuck in the "must continue fight because that is chain of command". It was like you didn't even have an ounce of common sense or battlefield presence.

>The first word you EVER said to me after I became general?
>"No."

You spoke first, and your word was a command to continue attacking an "enemy" who would be better served to leave alone and let the wounds heal. You had no concept of the situation, no battlefield mindset, no strategy, no tactics, you were just falling in line.

>Here is how my logs show the situation. Maybe yours proves
>mine wrong, it's possible Players see things differently.
>
>1) Lob mentions that he does not like logging on and finding
>enough villagers about to take the items...and we don't have
>them. I take this as a standing order to always get the
>items of the cabals we are at war with when possible. We
>are at war with the sylvan cabal. That means, we should take
>the sapling WHENEVER possible.

A standing order two weeks old.

>2) It is made clear to me that the ONLY person in the
>village who can declare war OR STOP A WAR (from thror's
>mouth) is the Commander.

So when that commander doesn't show up for two weeks it is our duty to follow through with an order that now harms the village and only keeps it from using its limited resources to reach the real goals of the village?

>3) I log on, am rank 35 or so. Ralgor is also on (while he
>was uncballed) No sylvans, so we decide to attempt the
>sapling...because WE ARE AT WAR.

Mindless, must follow, not think, must only follow.

>4) We are getting our asses handed to us, because we are mid
>30's and those damned sunrays are chapping our asses.
>5) you log on. I know you are a defender, I ask you to come
>help us.

There was no ASK involved in it. It was a blantant and direct order. It was to the effect "You will come to the sylvan cabal and help us kill the bear, now."

>8) Yes, but it is a stupid war, so I won't fight it.

Lets continue to waste valuable resources on a group of individuals who now have no real direct affect on our war, who are not our enemies per say and if left alone would not want to harm us anyway. There were numerous sylvans during that time open to the idea of peace which was crushed by not only sylvan leadership but this hard nose no thinking leader strategy adopted by Loborguz and yourself. Nerylana saw the potential of the situation, unfortunately she died off.

>9) You realise that only the commander can stop the war
>right...and that wether you like the war or not, we ARE at
>war...and by not fighting it, you are calling the commander
>a moron...and thus calling the Immortals who appointed him
>morons... right?

I am calling the commander who has not showed his face forever (in game time) that his standing orders now hurt the village instead of help it because he has not been there to lead.

>
>10) I don't care, I won't fight sylvans. Period.
>
>11) Alright, asking won't get you here, I will order you.

Wrong, you ordered me from the get go.

>12) You can't order me.

I follow orders I don't like, I don't follow orders that directly harm the goals of the village. Something you could not grasp.

>You and samar and Grolgie...all of your arguments about the
>war beign destructive...and the time for it as past...and it
>being useless...
>
>Sehvoor agreed with ALL of those arguments.
>
>He just knew that the ONLY one who was able to stop the war
>was Lob. And as a general, he would prosecute any war
>ordered to by his commander, his personal feelings aside.

You would follow an order that was two weeks old real time, which equates into almost what, couple years game time? An order that has not changed with the circumstances of the war? That is like Hitler's no retreat standing order in the Soviet Union during world war II.

>Because he knew that was his job.
>Seeing you guys try to
>just "do your own thing, and to hell with Lob" was
>frustrating to Sehv.

If you agreed then why didn't you step up and be a true leader instead of being the "chain of command" wench? We were trying to refocus the village to its REAL GOAL and what was standing in our way was an order that had long gone stagnant because circumstances had changed dramatically (one being the road was done and they could no longer ambush us at will and could only affect our fight very minorly because we destroyed them out of the forest).

>Of course, I(the player) got many belly laughs when Lob came
>back...and all of your bitching and whining about Lob and
>the war (to the point of claiming you would call Lob out
>when you saw him) turned to fawning on "He who could do no
>wrong". It was like watching children behave 180 degrees
>different when their parents are around.

You are a complete idiot if you believe this. I brought my concerns to him and he knew he kind of screwed up and a number of villagers were out for him and pissed at him. And Goapa and Loborguz spoke pretty frankly to each other and you are not privy to those conversations. In addition I did call him out but Goapa is not stupid, I cannot beat a berserker assassin as a defender thief so I vented my frustrations to him in other ways.

Finally after this time Thror had a talk with Grolghus and Goapa and we aired our complains to him too and he LIED to us and said Loborguz was showing up during "off hours" when actually he was gone for the whole two weeks (twice).

As to you last statement about how we were fawning him Goapa did nothing close to that. He constantly complained and commented on Loborguz and his leadership.

How many times do I have to repeat it until you get it through your head? I think I did it here 7 times, I hope you get the concept.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AUTO) Sehvoor the Crimson-Toothed [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 08-Mar-02 02:33 AM
Reply As the thread continues to degenerate..., Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #53
Reply Not with a bang...but a wimper., Sehvoor (Guest), 08-Mar-02 04:11 PM, #1
     Reply Ah, a villager I could trust..., Grollaski (Guest), 09-Mar-02 03:21 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nydeikon (Guest), 09-Mar-02 07:31 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Divox, 09-Mar-02 08:42 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nerylana (Guest), 09-Mar-02 11:39 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Loborguz, 10-Mar-02 12:15 AM, #6
     Reply Found some logs, not the good ones...., Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:44 PM, #7
     Reply One of my favorite attempts at solo defending, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:52 PM, #8
     Reply I have 14 logs that look almost exactly like this, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:00 PM, #9
     Reply Edited this one, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:12 PM, #10
     Reply For Grollaski (if too questy, please delete), Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:29 PM, #11
     Reply Sweeeeeeeet!, Grollaski (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:48 PM, #18
     Reply For Lob, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:40 PM, #12
     Reply Go, Samar, Grolg, I will refer you to this post in my, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:57 PM, #13
     Reply I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:45 AM, #39
          Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 11:41 AM, #43
               Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:48 PM, #47
                    Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 03:30 PM, #50
                         Reply Not Flame. Just a question., Goapa (Guest), 14-Mar-02 04:29 PM, #51
                              Reply RE: Not Flame. Just a question., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 06:02 PM, #54
     Reply what Lob had me do for induction, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:16 PM, #14
     Reply RE: what Lob had me do for induction, Ex BT follower (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:57 PM, #31
          Reply chuckle, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 09:23 PM, #34
     Reply Role, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:27 PM, #15
     Reply Descriptions over time, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:29 PM, #16
     Reply some last? words, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:29 PM, #17
          Reply Last Words, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 12:08 PM, #19
          Reply couple things, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 01:30 PM, #20
          Reply bah, never mind., sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 02:10 PM, #21
          Reply RE: bah, never mind., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:17 AM, #38
          Reply Right vs Wrong, HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 02:12 PM, #22
          Reply Situation without flavor., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:01 PM, #26
               Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 06:39 PM, #29
                    Reply RE: Situation without flavor., HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 08:38 PM, #32
                         Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 11:42 PM, #35
          Reply Ok...., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 03:02 PM #23
          Reply Well..., Intronan, 13-Mar-02 03:34 PM, #25
               Reply Well then answer me this:, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:19 PM, #27
               Reply Very well, Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:23 AM, #41
               Reply RE: Well..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:51 AM, #37
                    Reply Good point but..., Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:30 AM, #42
                         Reply RE: Good point but..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:35 PM, #46
          Reply Sehvoor right, Goapa wrong, comments enclosed, Nerylana (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:07 PM, #30
          Reply Orders from a Superior, Uncle Bob, 13-Mar-02 03:18 PM, #24
               Reply a sidenote..., Trezzy (Guest), 13-Mar-02 08:54 PM, #33
          Reply RE: some last? words, Krajus (Guest), 13-Mar-02 06:10 PM, #28
          Reply No..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:13 AM, #36
          Reply well., sehvoor (Guest), 14-Mar-02 06:42 AM, #40
               Reply RE: well., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:29 PM, #45
                    Reply Um, Hello? (Guest), 14-Mar-02 03:05 PM, #48
          Reply One thing I forgot to mention, Sehv (Guest), 14-Mar-02 01:28 PM, #44
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Valguarnera, 14-Mar-02 03:28 PM, #49
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #52
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5114 Previous topic | Next topic