Subject: "Last Words" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5114
Show all folders

Goapa (Guest)Wed 13-Mar-02 12:08 PM

#5126, "Last Words"

>My Fan Club (goapa, samar, Grolgthus, I am sure others)
>
>You say your main problem with me, was that once I got the
>general slot, I became overbearing, full of myself, like I
>had (from goapa's post I think) though I "Had a god-given
>right".
>
>My answer to that is many-fold.
>
>1) The General slot WAS god given. so think up another
>excuse why you didn't like me
>
It is a god given right that you are general but in any man's army, you just don't start flinging orders around like you think you know what is going on. You have to gain the respect of the people around you by fighting well, being intelligent, doing gutsy things, etc. All I saw of you before you became general was you dying because you were stupid like tiger clawing a warrior while him and two others fought to get their sceptre back. You were bashed down and killed.

The first time Goapa EVER SAW you as general (and interacted more than giving you equipment and watching you die in stupid situations) you ordered me to attack the sylvan cabal which at the time was not only stupid tactically and strategically and suicide but outside your scope to command, so I disagreed and said no and that you did not have the ability to do that and you were totally disregarding my position in the village as well as all the time and sweat and con I spent for the village as well as my correct evaluation of the situation (where other villagers agreed). What really kicked it was your massively long two note special you sent to get me kicked out of battle because I didn't respect your RIGHT to be general. Your note was full of "I deserve" and "it is my right" and this and that that made me hate you. And the immortals agreed you were out of line but also said Goapa took it to a new (and wrong) level (which was what Goapa always did) which was where I was incorrect.

You want to know where you lost all the respect? It was there, when some punk 32nd ranked assassin who got Generalship somehow thinks he can just walk around ordering heroes to do stupid and insane things.
What you didn't do was sit down and listen to anyone but the "immortals or Loborguz". Because you always acted until much later in your life that we didn't have crap to say and that whatever we said was useless and below you.

>2) You talk about "Having to earn respect". This argument I
>just don't get. I agree. Noone should "Assume" that they
>have earned your particular respect. But. In a world where
>gods are visible, and in a cabal where the Gods are VERY
>visible...I just don't get how you guys looked at it...

This is what I saw and a lot of other ragers saw.
One: An assassin that constantly died because of stupid newbie mistakes like tiger clawing a warrior when he had two warrior types backing him up.
Two: Your complete disregard for anyone who didn't have a super special title (i.e. leader of the cabal or immortal).
Three: Your whiny crying double note to get someone kicked out even though you were wrong in the situation.
Four: Your overbearing and "I know all" demeanor.

>Here is how *I* have looked at it in the past, when I was in
>your situation.
>
>I don't know him. but, the GODS have deemed him worthy, and,
>because I trust the GODS of my own cabal, I will give him
>the benefit of the doubt that the Gods,

Did that, gave you benefit of the doubt, and you smashed that benefit. See above reasons.

>who can see more
>than me, have seen his worth, even if I have not. Now...if
>he LOSES my respect...

You lost it from the get go. I gave you benefit of the doubt and on the first interaction you lost it. See above reasons.

>that is another thing, but I will
>start from the position of giving respect due to anyone the
>GODS have deemed worthy.
>
>
>You, on the other hand, claim that it is every rager's DUTY
>to treat every leader like utter CRAP until he has
>personally proved himself to each and every one of you.

Well, no, I treated Intronan with upmost respect. I treated Loborguz with upmost respect when he started showing up (our relationship was complicated). Goapa was not about saying, "oh he has to be ok even if he is stupid now because the god's say so" He was a character that was "you constantly do something stupid, you are stupid unless you prove it otherwise and treat you as such despite your God given position".

>That's just not how a well oiled fighting force works.

In any war time situation, would you follow a complete overbearing stupid order giving general into battle? I certainly would not. You would think you would take the hint from how many ragers didn't like you in the beginning as DOING SOMETHING WRONG instead of us all being wrong.

>
>3) Your version of events was this.
>
>I come out of nowhere and get the general slot

Fine.

>The power goes to my head, and I get all overbearing.

First interaction caused me to dislike you. Second one about pushing it to a long winded double note special caused it more. Seeing you do stupid tactical things all the time reinforced that. Seeing how you put down other villagers and such who didn't have special titles made it even more strong.

>you decide to dislike me.

Yup.

>4) My version of events (again, I had over 100 logs to prove
>this...but they are all gone) And I believe these are
>closer to reality.
>
>I somewhat prove my intelligence to the leadership
>
>I get the general position.

You forgot treating everyone like they are worth nothing to you. Giving out stupid commands, writing "I deserve" notes, and all the time not proving yourself at all in fights.

>I am treated like total and UTTER crap by a few people.
>
>I try to make peace with them.
>I finally realize, that each of those treating me like crap
>are doing so because they believe that either the position
>SHOULD have gone to them, or that they are SOOO much better
>than me.

Man, you are a megalomanaic arn't ya?
>I finally decide to stop taking crap from the few that are
>giving it to me (at the prompting of a talk with Intronan,
>see the log), because I realize there is nothing I can
>do...short of giving them the general slot, that will "Earn
>their respect" anyway, so I stop trying.
>
>
>
>There was also a feeling that I got from many villagers that
>I was not welcome in a leadership position because I wasn't
>one of the "Old-school"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AUTO) Sehvoor the Crimson-Toothed [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 08-Mar-02 02:33 AM
Reply As the thread continues to degenerate..., Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #53
Reply Not with a bang...but a wimper., Sehvoor (Guest), 08-Mar-02 04:11 PM, #1
     Reply Ah, a villager I could trust..., Grollaski (Guest), 09-Mar-02 03:21 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nydeikon (Guest), 09-Mar-02 07:31 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Divox, 09-Mar-02 08:42 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nerylana (Guest), 09-Mar-02 11:39 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Loborguz, 10-Mar-02 12:15 AM, #6
     Reply Found some logs, not the good ones...., Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:44 PM, #7
     Reply One of my favorite attempts at solo defending, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:52 PM, #8
     Reply I have 14 logs that look almost exactly like this, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:00 PM, #9
     Reply Edited this one, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:12 PM, #10
     Reply For Grollaski (if too questy, please delete), Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:29 PM, #11
     Reply Sweeeeeeeet!, Grollaski (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:48 PM, #18
     Reply For Lob, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:40 PM, #12
     Reply Go, Samar, Grolg, I will refer you to this post in my, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:57 PM, #13
     Reply I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:45 AM, #39
          Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 11:41 AM, #43
               Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:48 PM, #47
                    Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 03:30 PM, #50
                         Reply Not Flame. Just a question., Goapa (Guest), 14-Mar-02 04:29 PM, #51
                              Reply RE: Not Flame. Just a question., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 06:02 PM, #54
     Reply what Lob had me do for induction, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:16 PM, #14
     Reply RE: what Lob had me do for induction, Ex BT follower (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:57 PM, #31
          Reply chuckle, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 09:23 PM, #34
     Reply Role, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:27 PM, #15
     Reply Descriptions over time, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:29 PM, #16
     Reply some last? words, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:29 PM, #17
          Reply Last Words, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 12:08 PM #19
          Reply couple things, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 01:30 PM, #20
          Reply bah, never mind., sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 02:10 PM, #21
          Reply RE: bah, never mind., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:17 AM, #38
          Reply Right vs Wrong, HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 02:12 PM, #22
          Reply Situation without flavor., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:01 PM, #26
               Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 06:39 PM, #29
                    Reply RE: Situation without flavor., HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 08:38 PM, #32
                         Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 11:42 PM, #35
          Reply Ok...., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 03:02 PM, #23
          Reply Well..., Intronan, 13-Mar-02 03:34 PM, #25
               Reply Well then answer me this:, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:19 PM, #27
               Reply Very well, Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:23 AM, #41
               Reply RE: Well..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:51 AM, #37
                    Reply Good point but..., Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:30 AM, #42
                         Reply RE: Good point but..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:35 PM, #46
          Reply Sehvoor right, Goapa wrong, comments enclosed, Nerylana (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:07 PM, #30
          Reply Orders from a Superior, Uncle Bob, 13-Mar-02 03:18 PM, #24
               Reply a sidenote..., Trezzy (Guest), 13-Mar-02 08:54 PM, #33
          Reply RE: some last? words, Krajus (Guest), 13-Mar-02 06:10 PM, #28
          Reply No..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:13 AM, #36
          Reply well., sehvoor (Guest), 14-Mar-02 06:42 AM, #40
               Reply RE: well., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:29 PM, #45
                    Reply Um, Hello? (Guest), 14-Mar-02 03:05 PM, #48
          Reply One thing I forgot to mention, Sehv (Guest), 14-Mar-02 01:28 PM, #44
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Valguarnera, 14-Mar-02 03:28 PM, #49
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #52
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5114 Previous topic | Next topic