Subject: "RE: On evil Outlanders" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37039
Show all folders

AmarantheThu 21-Apr-05 07:26 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37397, "RE: On evil Outlanders"
Edited on Thu 21-Apr-05 07:29 PM

Watching evil Outlanders is primarily Lyristeon's domain, so perhaps he can comment here. Regarding Brulg and some other evil Outlanders I have interacted with, it has primarily been due to Lyr's various periods of unavailability.

When *I* watch them, I tend to be somewhat flexible regarding grouping with Scions and whatnot, so long as the Outlander in question is being IC and opportunistic, as opposed to just a Scion lackey. I might send some creepy whispers to keep their focus on the cabal's agenda, and only do I step in if things get too far afield. I've seen evil Outlanders group with Scions, uncaballed evils and neutrals, Battleragers, and naturally other Outlanders - just what you'd expect

Many people have commented on evil Outlanders having less desirable powers and potential groupmates, and such. And the powers have relatively recently been tweaked, and may be tweaked more in the future. However, the initial design was *not* to make them equal-opportunity to neutral or good Outlanders.

The initial proposal was actually to keep the Sylvan Warders more or less "as-is" and just allow the *occasional* and *exceptional* evil to join the cabal to add some diversity and cut the overwhelmingly "good" flavor to the Warders, who were at the time constantly having to be severed away from the hip of Fortress. The proposal evolved into a project that balanced the whole cabal more in the neutral direction. Evil members, to some extent, were still considered experimental from an RP perspective - and we deliberately designed that aspect of the cabal to have a little more challenge to it to prevent it from becoming the "MINDLESS MURDER" choice of those who play evil. Not that "MINDLESS MURDER" isn't valid for a chaotic-evil character, but it should be a caballess choice, not one tied to a cabal agenda. For evil Outlanders it is a fine line, so we wanted to draw character-driven players that were intriqued by the unique challenge and perspective the option offers. (Not that they can't be killers, too. They can, and have.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Nightreav... [View all] , Brulgbabauth (Guest), Thu 21-Apr-05 08:31 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Vargblot (Guest), 14-Apr-05 02:30 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:28 AM, #9
Reply Trepeq and Brulg, shamanman, 13-Apr-05 03:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Eshval, 13-Apr-05 03:53 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Lyristeon, 13-Apr-05 02:40 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabuth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:49 AM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Amaranthe, 19-Apr-05 11:09 PM, #12
          Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 19-Apr-05 11:33 PM, #13
               Reply Wow..., Irked (Guest), 20-Apr-05 01:46 AM, #14
               Reply What the...?, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 07:53 AM, #15
               Reply RE: What the...?, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 20-Apr-05 08:46 AM, #17
                    Reply Some more thoughts., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 10:48 AM, #18
                         Reply You would make such a great wolf in the pack! *grin* nt, Minyar1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 04:08 PM, #20
               Reply RE: Wow..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 20-Apr-05 08:42 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Wow..., Less Irked (Guest), 20-Apr-05 12:22 PM, #19
                         Reply There may be some truth in the call in accusation, incognito, 20-Apr-05 04:33 PM, #21
               Reply Not for nothing..., Boldereth1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 11:38 PM, #22
               Reply RE: Not for nothing..., WhiteRaven, 21-Apr-05 07:03 AM, #23
               Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Amaranthe, 21-Apr-05 07:14 PM, #26
                    Reply On evil Outlanders, Wilhath, 21-Apr-05 07:13 PM, #24
                         Reply RE: On evil Outlanders, Amaranthe, 21-Apr-05 07:29 PM #25
Reply Goodbyes, Reggie (Guest), 13-Apr-05 09:04 AM, #3
Reply Heh, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:31 AM, #10
Reply I wish our playing times had overlapped, Drahke (Guest), 13-Apr-05 02:14 AM, #2
Reply I felt the same way, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:16 AM, #8
Reply Viviarongs answer, Tirach, 13-Apr-05 01:49 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37039 Previous topic | Next topic