Subject: "RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Nightreav..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37039
Show all folders

Brulgbabauth (Guest)Tue 19-Apr-05 11:33 PM

#37326, "RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Nightreav..."

>It certainly doesn't take anything *away* from you to have a
>leader weapon you can't use in many situations. If nothing
>else, you have a spiffy-looking, character-fitting weapon and
>something to wield even when full-looted while you regear.

I actually once very nearly starved to death while heavily maledicted because the weapon was clogging up my inventory and just barely keeping me from eating.

>Also, the Ancients have absolutely zero interest in helping
>you in tiffs against the Maran, no matter how numerous they
>might be.

Put aside for five minutes that all of my genuine Outlander-enemy enemies at the time had resist fire built into them.

I'm sorry, but what you're saying is still not reasonable.

Battle is meant to fight mages, but the reality of the politics of the game is that Battle is going to have to fight Empire a lot whether they want to or not. You wouldn't give a Battle leader a weapon that heals Imperials, but that's precisely what you did to me.

I wish you'd have watched me fight more often. You couldn't do that and have this viewpoint. It's got to be a big part of why Nightreavers are so deletion-prone.

Whether an evil Outlander wants to or not, they are going to have to fight Fortress. Period. Fortress showed up and tried to gang on me when I was trying to kill/raid Empire. Fortress even showed up and ganged on me on one occasion when I was in the middle of fighting Onirakoth, who as you know is an evil Tribunal. Any evil Outlander who doesn't want to be a happy gear tree for Maran is soon or later going to have to fight back. During the times I played this character, Fortress characters nearly always outnumbered all of my other enemies put together. That wouldn't always be so, but it was in my times.

This is hard enough to begin with. It's hard enough that Maran's powers for fighting me are far superior to mine for fighting them. It's hard enough that I'm in a cabal where most of my cabal mates won't help me fight them. It's hard enough that I can't team up in a reasonable way with most of their natural enemies, such as Empire, Scion, orcs, anti-paladins, necromancers, duergar, or minotaurs. It's a lot like being a Scarab, being one crazy nearly uncaballed evil against the world alone.

On top of all that you want to give me a weapon that's not only useless but dangerous against my most numerous enemies and then imply that there's something wrong with me for wanting to not heal people who are killing me? Thanks but no thanks.

>I loved your character. I really did. I was disappointed in
>his reaction to the weapon, and it may well have reduced any
>possibility he had at getting future rewards from me. Most
>long-lived Outlanders I interact with will get multiple small
>perks if they don't get one big reward. Looking a gift horse
>in the mouth isn't the best way to motivate an imm to give you
>additional perks.

I'm sorry that you felt that way, but look at it from my perspective. By giving me that weapon you were indicating that you hadn't paid very much attention at all to this character and that you had very unfair and unrealistic expectations of how I would play him in the future. I almost deleted that night, and I never got the drive to play again as I did before after that. Sending that message to your cabal leader isn't the best way to motivate them to not delete.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Nightreav... [View all] , Brulgbabauth (Guest), Thu 21-Apr-05 08:31 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Vargblot (Guest), 14-Apr-05 02:30 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:28 AM, #9
Reply Trepeq and Brulg, shamanman, 13-Apr-05 03:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Eshval, 13-Apr-05 03:53 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Lyristeon, 13-Apr-05 02:40 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabuth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:49 AM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Amaranthe, 19-Apr-05 11:09 PM, #12
          Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 19-Apr-05 11:33 PM #13
               Reply Wow..., Irked (Guest), 20-Apr-05 01:46 AM, #14
               Reply What the...?, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 07:53 AM, #15
               Reply RE: What the...?, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 20-Apr-05 08:46 AM, #17
                    Reply Some more thoughts., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 10:48 AM, #18
                         Reply You would make such a great wolf in the pack! *grin* nt, Minyar1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 04:08 PM, #20
               Reply RE: Wow..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 20-Apr-05 08:42 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Wow..., Less Irked (Guest), 20-Apr-05 12:22 PM, #19
                         Reply There may be some truth in the call in accusation, incognito, 20-Apr-05 04:33 PM, #21
               Reply Not for nothing..., Boldereth1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 11:38 PM, #22
               Reply RE: Not for nothing..., WhiteRaven, 21-Apr-05 07:03 AM, #23
               Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Amaranthe, 21-Apr-05 07:14 PM, #26
                    Reply On evil Outlanders, Wilhath, 21-Apr-05 07:13 PM, #24
                         Reply RE: On evil Outlanders, Amaranthe, 21-Apr-05 07:29 PM, #25
Reply Goodbyes, Reggie (Guest), 13-Apr-05 09:04 AM, #3
Reply Heh, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:31 AM, #10
Reply I wish our playing times had overlapped, Drahke (Guest), 13-Apr-05 02:14 AM, #2
Reply I felt the same way, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:16 AM, #8
Reply Viviarongs answer, Tirach, 13-Apr-05 01:49 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37039 Previous topic | Next topic