Subject: "RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Nightreav..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37039
Show all folders

Brulgbabuth (Guest)Thu 14-Apr-05 08:49 AM

#37143, "RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Nightreav..."

>I thought you did a very good job. Your rp was definately
>your strong suit, which is much more important to me than a pk
>ratio. But, since you brought up the deadly aspect, take a
>look at how many times you died. It wasn't much and you
>didn't shy away from fights.

I can't disagree. This character often took a phenomenal beating and survived, and I rarely gathered any additional preps.

>As for your leader weapon, it wasn't my doing, but if it was
>my doing I would have done the same thing. It is easy enough
>to wield another weapon when fighting a maran.

You're right, it is. And it's easy enough to wield another weapon when fighting all my fire giant enemies. And when one of the invokers was in play. And when fighting a certain prominent Tribunal who kept resist fire up for life for a very good reason.

Add it all up and with the current mix of enemies I had, you have a weapon that even dying to use for RP reasons I got to use so infrequently that if it had been a normal piece of gear I'd have been effectively hoarding it. That's all right but it didn't feel like much of a reward. I'd have killed Cari and stolen her weapon to use instead if I thought I could have wielded it.

>As for evil Outlander powers, feel free to email me or the imm
>staff with some specific concerns or ideas. Things are always
>in a constant change of flux and a few things are being talked
>about.

In short, you need to think about Outlander a little more like Battle. Battle has some powers which compensate for things everyone else can do that Battle can't. They aren't strictly better than the alternatives in every situation, but they are generally better. Being able to have resistance up all the time is generally better than being able to have stone skin potions and sometimes get a sanc from someone if you're a warrior. Outlander's compensatory powers are strictly worse than what they replace. I would rather have buy than harvest, skin, and vandalize. Sneaky secret power is cool but strictly worse than being able to buy potions and pills. Subvert is cool but strictly worse than centurions, guard call, or being able to buy mercenaries.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Nightreav... [View all] , Brulgbabauth (Guest), Thu 21-Apr-05 08:31 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Vargblot (Guest), 14-Apr-05 02:30 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:28 AM, #9
Reply Trepeq and Brulg, shamanman, 13-Apr-05 03:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Eshval, 13-Apr-05 03:53 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Lyristeon, 13-Apr-05 02:40 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabuth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:49 AM #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Amaranthe, 19-Apr-05 11:09 PM, #12
          Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 19-Apr-05 11:33 PM, #13
               Reply Wow..., Irked (Guest), 20-Apr-05 01:46 AM, #14
               Reply What the...?, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 07:53 AM, #15
               Reply RE: What the...?, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 20-Apr-05 08:46 AM, #17
                    Reply Some more thoughts., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 10:48 AM, #18
                         Reply You would make such a great wolf in the pack! *grin* nt, Minyar1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 04:08 PM, #20
               Reply RE: Wow..., Brulgbabauth (Guest), 20-Apr-05 08:42 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Wow..., Less Irked (Guest), 20-Apr-05 12:22 PM, #19
                         Reply There may be some truth in the call in accusation, incognito, 20-Apr-05 04:33 PM, #21
               Reply Not for nothing..., Boldereth1 (Guest), 20-Apr-05 11:38 PM, #22
               Reply RE: Not for nothing..., WhiteRaven, 21-Apr-05 07:03 AM, #23
               Reply RE: (DELETED) Brulgbabauth the Incendiary Savage, Night..., Amaranthe, 21-Apr-05 07:14 PM, #26
                    Reply On evil Outlanders, Wilhath, 21-Apr-05 07:13 PM, #24
                         Reply RE: On evil Outlanders, Amaranthe, 21-Apr-05 07:29 PM, #25
Reply Goodbyes, Reggie (Guest), 13-Apr-05 09:04 AM, #3
Reply Heh, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:31 AM, #10
Reply I wish our playing times had overlapped, Drahke (Guest), 13-Apr-05 02:14 AM, #2
Reply I felt the same way, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Apr-05 08:16 AM, #8
Reply Viviarongs answer, Tirach, 13-Apr-05 01:49 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37039 Previous topic | Next topic