Subject: "BATTLE has always faced" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27085
Show all folders

Audriel (Guest)Thu 13-May-04 11:50 AM

#27128, "BATTLE has always faced"

this unique problem of dealing with egoes on the inside, and rabid criticism from the outside. It takes a certain player type to regulate this nonsense. Jinroh's job is a thankless one.

I can certainly understand where you're coming from, but Jinroh isn't the only BATTLE leader (mortal or immortal) that has been labelled with a word starting with the letter "A". I am beginning to see why.

In any event, he's perfectly reasonable. I'm just worried about BATTLE-newbie applicants feeling put off by his intensity. No newbie should be afraid to try, or feel discouraged. The Gretta incident left a sour taste for some people. It showed that he DOES get upset (he's only human). However, it also shows that he DOES care about other players, because he was disappointed after going out on a limb for her.

He just has an image to uphold. BATTLE are much more up to par on average than, say, a few years ago. When you lead skilled, often rowdy players, you can generally only be successful by demonstrating more discipline, skill, and RP than the rest.

As far as his tone, pfeh. Some might call it arrogance. But really, he achieved his status through honest ethics. I've seen him day in, day out, fighting off gangs and taking the time to RP. There's no arrogance in that. Shoot him for being literate and hard-working, the rat bastard.

Thankfully, in Ayran's case, he was not discouraged. He just did not feel like going on. I don't blame him. No one fights you unprepped, or alone these days. Once you push into those thirties with no real results, it ceases to be fun. Ayran wasn't the only one who decided that his time was up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Not gonna wait a week [View all] , Ayran Nashok (Guest), Wed 12-May-04 06:23 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Not gonna wait a week, Grelm (Guest), 13-May-04 05:09 AM, #14
Reply Alright., Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 02:13 AM, #10
Reply Too bad, Nimrurl (Guest), 12-May-04 03:32 PM, #8
Reply Poor little fella., Berserker (Guest), 12-May-04 09:28 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Not gonna wait a week, Istirith (Guest), 12-May-04 08:44 AM, #2
Reply I read this and laughed, incognito, 12-May-04 07:44 AM, #1
     Reply You assume too much, Ayran (Guest), 12-May-04 09:11 AM, #3
          Reply As much as I think Jinrohs player is an utter ####wad, ..., Vladamir, 12-May-04 10:32 AM, #5
               Reply Exactly, Ayran (Guest), 12-May-04 10:50 AM, #6
               Reply Thats a much healthier way to see it. Good luck on the ..., Vladamir, 12-May-04 10:54 AM, #7
               Reply I think you missed my point a bit, incognito, 12-May-04 03:47 PM, #9
               Reply Opinion of me as a player, Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 01:59 PM, #11
                    Reply I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..., Audriel (Guest), 13-May-04 03:44 AM, #12
                    Reply Appreciate the post, and to sum up for everyone, Ayran (Guest), 13-May-04 04:32 AM, #13
                    Reply RE: I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..., jaynus- (Guest), 13-May-04 11:01 AM, #16
                    Reply Maybe I was a little harsh on Gretta, Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 03:12 PM, #19
                         Reply Your jumping on Gretta is the basis for me thinking you..., Vladamir, 13-May-04 03:55 PM, #20
                    Reply RE: Opinion of me as a player, Veteran (Guest), 13-May-04 09:30 AM, #15
                    Reply BATTLE has always faced, Audriel (Guest), 13-May-04 11:50 AM #17
                    Reply Opinion of Jinroh as a player, Betraal (Guest), 13-May-04 02:23 PM, #18
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27085 Previous topic | Next topic