Subject: "I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27085
Show all folders

Audriel (Guest)Thu 13-May-04 03:44 AM

#27118, "I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..."

Since the Russian is drunk on vodka, I imagine I'll have to represent him.

I was browsing through some past villager files, and believe Vladamir is upset over the matter concerning Gretta. See In re: Gretta, http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=25937&mesg_id=25937&page= ...

I think what some players might have gleaned from that discussion is that Jinroh bears a presumption against inducting newbies. I didn't read it that way, but as we can see, there is now a second player who has given up from discouragement. You certainly took it to Gretta, and perhaps that has set a kind of tone for upcoming applicants.

Jegec pointed out that there is a distinction between a complete newbie, and a newbie to BATTLE. While not a complete newbie, Gretta was apparently a newbie to BATTLE. She probably auto-deleted because she did not meet the requirements for Berserker. I don't blame her. I haven't seen too many neutral fire giant scouts without specs. I also do not think you were given due credit for your time with her, so that is much appreciated.

In Ayran's case, his RP was consistent with a villager and he is far from a complete newbie. I would obviously defer to your judgment as to his quality, however. It is safe to say that he was discouraged by his interaction with Jinroh, and consequently gave up.

The RP and skill requirements for BATTLE are very stiff, and I am very happy that you maintain these standards. It is just a shame to lose perfectly decent characters, if they resign for fear that they may be too newbie-ish. Trying to equal, say, Vlaugniur or Jinroh is a daunting task for most recent BATTLE applicants.

I may be wrong in raising these issues, but I think the standards for berserker are not completely clear. This is not so much a concern with Jinroh, and it may be more of an IC question, or a topic for another forum. To put my observations simply, berserker-seeking players like Ayran and Gretta are being discouraged.

I'll make this post relate to the topic at present, however. Nice job, Ayran. You were doing your job, and just needed to press on. Jinroh's just doing his job as well. He can seem a bit unmoveable, being a pillar and all that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Not gonna wait a week [View all] , Ayran Nashok (Guest), Wed 12-May-04 06:23 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Not gonna wait a week, Grelm (Guest), 13-May-04 05:09 AM, #14
Reply Alright., Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 02:13 AM, #10
Reply Too bad, Nimrurl (Guest), 12-May-04 03:32 PM, #8
Reply Poor little fella., Berserker (Guest), 12-May-04 09:28 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Not gonna wait a week, Istirith (Guest), 12-May-04 08:44 AM, #2
Reply I read this and laughed, incognito, 12-May-04 07:44 AM, #1
     Reply You assume too much, Ayran (Guest), 12-May-04 09:11 AM, #3
          Reply As much as I think Jinrohs player is an utter ####wad, ..., Vladamir, 12-May-04 10:32 AM, #5
               Reply Exactly, Ayran (Guest), 12-May-04 10:50 AM, #6
               Reply Thats a much healthier way to see it. Good luck on the ..., Vladamir, 12-May-04 10:54 AM, #7
               Reply I think you missed my point a bit, incognito, 12-May-04 03:47 PM, #9
               Reply Opinion of me as a player, Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 01:59 PM, #11
                    Reply I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..., Audriel (Guest), 13-May-04 03:44 AM #12
                    Reply Appreciate the post, and to sum up for everyone, Ayran (Guest), 13-May-04 04:32 AM, #13
                    Reply RE: I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..., jaynus- (Guest), 13-May-04 11:01 AM, #16
                    Reply Maybe I was a little harsh on Gretta, Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 03:12 PM, #19
                         Reply Your jumping on Gretta is the basis for me thinking you..., Vladamir, 13-May-04 03:55 PM, #20
                    Reply RE: Opinion of me as a player, Veteran (Guest), 13-May-04 09:30 AM, #15
                    Reply BATTLE has always faced, Audriel (Guest), 13-May-04 11:50 AM, #17
                    Reply Opinion of Jinroh as a player, Betraal (Guest), 13-May-04 02:23 PM, #18
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27085 Previous topic | Next topic