Subject: "Poor little fella." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27085
Show all folders

Berserker (Guest)Wed 12-May-04 09:28 AM

#27091, "Poor little fella."

Jinroh does a fine job of determining a character's worth, I find.

Is he absolutely rigid? No. My berserker came for an interview wearing obviously magical gear. He asked me if I had lore, I told him I didn't, and he informed me that I needed to get rid of Piece Of Gear X. He said if it happened again, I could kiss my chances goodbye. Then I had a really hard time with the tasks he gave me, mostly due to (I think) bad luck. Did he grow impatient, or tell me I was leaving too many corpses lying around for a villager? No.

When I explained my stance on magic, which is not "I hate magic, magic is a stain upon the land, magic killed my parents, I want to kill all mages because they are smarter than me, I want to kill all mages because they are stealing power from the gods" (all of which are perfectly viable for a rager role, just not mine), he was interested (or at least feigned interest).

When another berserker app was forced to fight a rager to display his tactical ability and died miserably instead, did Jinroh give him up for a lost cause? No, and in fact the guy got inducted and had a pretty damn good run.

If you didn't make it because you were roleplaying something completely inappropriate (and it would have had to be COMPLETELY inappropriate), why would you complain? You took a chance by telling Jinroh that, in fact, you loved magic and all mages, and wanted only to tickle them because they enjoy it, and sometimes you accidentally kill them when you do that. He may be flexible, but he still is the leader of a cabal, and he still does need to keep certain standards and make sure those in the village are of a like philosophy.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Not gonna wait a week [View all] , Ayran Nashok (Guest), Wed 12-May-04 06:23 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Not gonna wait a week, Grelm (Guest), 13-May-04 05:09 AM, #14
Reply Alright., Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 02:13 AM, #10
Reply Too bad, Nimrurl (Guest), 12-May-04 03:32 PM, #8
Reply Poor little fella., Berserker (Guest), 12-May-04 09:28 AM #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Not gonna wait a week, Istirith (Guest), 12-May-04 08:44 AM, #2
Reply I read this and laughed, incognito, 12-May-04 07:44 AM, #1
     Reply You assume too much, Ayran (Guest), 12-May-04 09:11 AM, #3
          Reply As much as I think Jinrohs player is an utter ####wad, ..., Vladamir, 12-May-04 10:32 AM, #5
               Reply Exactly, Ayran (Guest), 12-May-04 10:50 AM, #6
               Reply Thats a much healthier way to see it. Good luck on the ..., Vladamir, 12-May-04 10:54 AM, #7
               Reply I think you missed my point a bit, incognito, 12-May-04 03:47 PM, #9
               Reply Opinion of me as a player, Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 01:59 PM, #11
                    Reply I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..., Audriel (Guest), 13-May-04 03:44 AM, #12
                    Reply Appreciate the post, and to sum up for everyone, Ayran (Guest), 13-May-04 04:32 AM, #13
                    Reply RE: I'll move to amend his filing on his behalf ..., jaynus- (Guest), 13-May-04 11:01 AM, #16
                    Reply Maybe I was a little harsh on Gretta, Jin roh (Guest), 13-May-04 03:12 PM, #19
                         Reply Your jumping on Gretta is the basis for me thinking you..., Vladamir, 13-May-04 03:55 PM, #20
                    Reply RE: Opinion of me as a player, Veteran (Guest), 13-May-04 09:30 AM, #15
                    Reply BATTLE has always faced, Audriel (Guest), 13-May-04 11:50 AM, #17
                    Reply Opinion of Jinroh as a player, Betraal (Guest), 13-May-04 02:23 PM, #18
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27085 Previous topic | Next topic