>consistent evil players
>like myself, or any person who
>has complained about the Scion
>
>cabal compared to Empire. The general
>CF player gives a damn
>about RP-ing. The ones that do
>like it become isolated players

That's an odd statement. I might say otherwise. In a time when people are hoping for quest skills, empowerment, liching, tattooes, I'd say there are some people who give a damn. I'm wondering though if you're looking to make a distinction between those people who roleplay for the pure sake of it versus those players who roleplay to get what they want. In either case, I could make the argument there are plenty of players who give a damn.

>in other cabals such as Sylvans,
>Warlock, or the Herald. Most
>
>players however want a to have
>their character get a certain
>
>feeling via the powers they have.
>Players, like myself, like
>tangible effects which reinforces their persona.
>Empire had
>Centurions. I liked Centurions. I felt
>like an Imperial setting
>roadblocks. They were neat, they were
>different, they actually
>felt like something lawful and evil.

I loved the Empire concept, but the player base really had a hard time pulling it off with any consistency. Was the Empire supposed to be hand holding evils like the Genofen reign? Or was it supposed to be backstabbing, put your own goals ahead of the Empire persona. It was difficult to establish in which direction the Empire was supposed to go.

But I agree with your assertion.. going for specific powers can really enhance the experience.

>Same goes for old master
>
>brew and tesseract. Both were useful.
>Shadow's shadowgate made
>my old char feel like a
>shadow. Hell, speaking of powers,
>the
>tattoo power I got from Vilhazarog
>when I played Ktavialt was
>
>very RP-correct and useful in its
>own way, and the way
>I had
>to constantly acquire that power was
>cool in and of itself.
>That
>hooked me in real good, even
>made my char more cocky
>and
>arrogant, sort of evil quality. Judging
>by the way Dariana
>described her power from Uller, though
>I do not know what
>it
>is still, I'm sure that enhanced
>her belief in the RP
>quality of
>Uller's religion more than most immteraction
>ever would. And
>in contrast, especially for warriors, Scion
>powers aren't really
>extravagent and thats what the players
>are really complaining
>about, despite their claim that its
>an RP deal.

How would you change it? In a cabal where the warriors are looked upon as a second class, what would you do differently. IMHO, you'd have to change the complexion of the Scion cabal if you're looking to give warriors some enhanced ability. To be honest, I'm not even sure what powers they get anymore.

>Though I know nobody will listen
>to me, knowing that I'd
>hate
>to be told what to do
>as an IMM or Player,
>I'm still gonna
>give my feedback just to amuse
>myself.
>
>Players: Don't ##### yourself and say
>you want better RP. I
>
>know I could miniquest and miniquest
>my heart out and still
>be
>bored. It just so happened I
>had never had an assassin
>and
>assassinate is neato, plus having a
>PK range thats 95% against
>
>you makes it a neat challenge
>so I stayed.
>
>Immortals: Players are gonna bitch and
>bitch and bitch about the
>
>RP quality of Scion until you
>give them neat, different powers
>
>that go with the RP of
>the cabal. Maran and Warlocks
>are aimless
>as well,

How is the Brigade aimless?

>its just that they
>have neat powers (for all
>classes
>that join them, I mean). On
>the other hand, most of
>you would do
>the same if you were mortals
>on it too. I know
>its not your way
>to respond to these 'put this
>power in' posts but we're
>all
>annoying whiny brats when we dont
>get what we want so
>you might
>wanna do it just to make
>us shut up.

I guess you're trying to say the level of rp goes up when there are things the player base can get out of it. It's like roleplaying enough to get into the Maran cabal so you can have all sorts of fun powers. It's roleplaying enough to get that tattoo with the really cool powers associated with it. Is this pretty close?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 15-Aug-01 09:56 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Waigerits (Guest), 15-Aug-01 10:35 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 11:09 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Gerandin (Guest), 15-Aug-01 11:16 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Scion (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 12:34 PM, #4
     Reply Healers in Hell, Scarabaeus, 15-Aug-01 12:44 PM, #5
     Reply Oh, come on, you didn't really expect me to let that sl..., nepenthe, 15-Aug-01 01:16 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Me., Valguarnera, 15-Aug-01 04:59 PM, #7
     Reply you, Crossed off the post-it (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 08:21 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Me., Valguarnera, 15-Aug-01 08:57 PM, #9
          Reply I have to say,, Salviar the Half-Spectre, High Chancellor Necroman (Guest), 15-Aug-01 09:06 PM, #10
          Reply RE: I have to say,, joshu (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 12:03 AM, #12
          Reply This isn't just an evil cabal problem (long, sorry), Zelten (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 07:24 AM, #14
          Reply Comment on those ideas, and more..., Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 08:50 PM, #24
          Reply My problem to comparing Empire to Scion, TheFirstApostle (Guest), 17-Aug-01 10:46 AM #29
               Reply RE: My problem to comparing Empire to Scion, Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 18-Aug-01 01:49 PM, #32
                    Reply Re: powers., Oft Fortressite (Guest) (Guest), 18-Aug-01 03:55 PM, #33
                         Reply Response, Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 19-Aug-01 10:14 PM, #34
                              Reply My response to your respone, TheFirstApostle (Guest), 20-Aug-01 09:44 AM, #35
                              Reply RE: My response to your respone, Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 20-Aug-01 12:04 PM, #37
                              Reply My response to your not having sympathy, and other stuf..., Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 20-Aug-01 10:34 PM, #38
                              Reply Can I enter?, Khiravn (Guest) (Guest), 20-Aug-01 11:14 AM, #36
          Reply re: your ideas, Szchada (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 05:17 AM, #27
          Reply RE: I have to say,, TheFirstApostle (Guest), 16-Aug-01 09:10 AM, #15
               Reply re: Jacynth, ArChaos, 17-Aug-01 03:43 AM, #26
          Reply well, Post it (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 10:56 PM, #11
               Reply He was giving you (and Salviar) an opportunity to be co..., Former Scion (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 11:13 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: He was giving you (and Salviar) an opportunity to b..., post it (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 03:54 PM, #17
                         Reply Reading can be fun!, Former Scion. (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:03 PM, #18
                              Reply RE: Reading can be fun!, Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:15 PM, #19
                                   Reply Oops., Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:19 PM, #20
                                   Reply For the sake of argument -, FS (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:37 PM, #21
                                   Reply RE: For the sake of argument -, Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 05:22 PM, #22
                                        Reply Well, now it's getting more complicated., FS - maybe rolling up a Scion (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 02:13 AM, #25
                                   Reply RE: Reading can be fun!, Jacynth (Guest), 17-Aug-01 04:51 PM, #31
          Reply A whine on quests. <attention valg>, Kadsuane (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 08:33 PM, #23
               Reply I don't think so..., Someone who knows Fuath (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 04:20 PM, #30
     Reply Nicely done., Sintainet (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 05:13 AM, #13
     Reply What happened to my post?, Scion priest (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 10:44 AM, #28
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #1979 Previous topic | Next topic