Subject: "A whine on quests. " Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #1979
Show all folders

Kadsuane (Guest) (Guest)Thu 16-Aug-01 08:33 PM

#1985, "A whine on quests. "

I'l agree to this piecemeal quest bit. CF quests have been taking a downward turn for quite a long time. Gone are the days of big huge quests with half the mud involved where any player could get involved and have fun. Now the quests are much more controlled, now days imms not only decide where and when they will play out but who will be involved. There are more and more quests directed at specific characters who have impressed the immortal. Now not that this is a bad thing in general, but there are tons of players who hoard quest info like people hoard eq. People do not wish to share the limelight and the immteraction so the limited immortal quest attention is further limited by people keeping everyone else out of the loop. Only problem with this is that when that one person that had been hoarding the quest info loses interest the quest dies and the immortals behind it get frustrated and walk away as well. Best example would be Thror's little quest with the hammer. When the quest's prime player that elf warrior leader deleted everything went to hell in a hand basket. I tried working the quest with my leader but ended up getting frustrated and letting it go. In the end an immortal had to intervene in an ic manner so as to rescue Thror's character. Although I must say that was a poorly planned quest from the get go.
Valg case in point the quest that you and jacynth had been working on. The one with the matron mother... il leave the rest of the details out of it in case its still going. You directed this quest at one player who was given the chance to involve others into it if he felt like it. Well he didnt, he involved the other leaders to an extent but didnt involve any of the cabal or other evil cabals into it. When he stopped showing up...and then later deleted. Well you know where all that hard work went. That was quite possibly the one quest that would have given scion a definitive sense of identity. But you guys muddled that up by directing the quest at 2-3 people instead of the entire cabal.

I know you all are very eager to shed the old school cf face and all. But lets not throw away the baby with the bath water here. There was a reason old school cf quests kicked so much ass and you had people posting on the forums for weeks and months about what a good job the imms did. Viva la Ol' Skool!!!!!

Much Love

Acidic Parv

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 15-Aug-01 09:56 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Waigerits (Guest), 15-Aug-01 10:35 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 11:09 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Gerandin (Guest), 15-Aug-01 11:16 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Zelthinas the Holy Hero, Scion (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 12:34 PM, #4
     Reply Healers in Hell, Scarabaeus, 15-Aug-01 12:44 PM, #5
     Reply Oh, come on, you didn't really expect me to let that sl..., nepenthe, 15-Aug-01 01:16 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Me., Valguarnera, 15-Aug-01 04:59 PM, #7
     Reply you, Crossed off the post-it (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 08:21 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Me., Valguarnera, 15-Aug-01 08:57 PM, #9
          Reply I have to say,, Salviar the Half-Spectre, High Chancellor Necroman (Guest), 15-Aug-01 09:06 PM, #10
          Reply RE: I have to say,, joshu (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 12:03 AM, #12
          Reply This isn't just an evil cabal problem (long, sorry), Zelten (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 07:24 AM, #14
          Reply Comment on those ideas, and more..., Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 08:50 PM, #24
          Reply My problem to comparing Empire to Scion, TheFirstApostle (Guest), 17-Aug-01 10:46 AM, #29
               Reply RE: My problem to comparing Empire to Scion, Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 18-Aug-01 01:49 PM, #32
                    Reply Re: powers., Oft Fortressite (Guest) (Guest), 18-Aug-01 03:55 PM, #33
                         Reply Response, Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 19-Aug-01 10:14 PM, #34
                              Reply My response to your respone, TheFirstApostle (Guest), 20-Aug-01 09:44 AM, #35
                              Reply RE: My response to your respone, Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 20-Aug-01 12:04 PM, #37
                              Reply My response to your not having sympathy, and other stuf..., Vaustrien (Guest) (Guest), 20-Aug-01 10:34 PM, #38
                              Reply Can I enter?, Khiravn (Guest) (Guest), 20-Aug-01 11:14 AM, #36
          Reply re: your ideas, Szchada (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 05:17 AM, #27
          Reply RE: I have to say,, TheFirstApostle (Guest), 16-Aug-01 09:10 AM, #15
               Reply re: Jacynth, ArChaos, 17-Aug-01 03:43 AM, #26
          Reply well, Post it (Guest) (Guest), 15-Aug-01 10:56 PM, #11
               Reply He was giving you (and Salviar) an opportunity to be co..., Former Scion (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 11:13 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: He was giving you (and Salviar) an opportunity to b..., post it (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 03:54 PM, #17
                         Reply Reading can be fun!, Former Scion. (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:03 PM, #18
                              Reply RE: Reading can be fun!, Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:15 PM, #19
                                   Reply Oops., Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:19 PM, #20
                                   Reply For the sake of argument -, FS (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 04:37 PM, #21
                                   Reply RE: For the sake of argument -, Salviar (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 05:22 PM, #22
                                        Reply Well, now it's getting more complicated., FS - maybe rolling up a Scion (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 02:13 AM, #25
                                   Reply RE: Reading can be fun!, Jacynth (Guest), 17-Aug-01 04:51 PM, #31
          Reply A whine on quests. <attention valg>, Kadsuane (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 08:33 PM #23
               Reply I don't think so..., Someone who knows Fuath (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 04:20 PM, #30
     Reply Nicely done., Sintainet (Guest) (Guest), 16-Aug-01 05:13 AM, #13
     Reply What happened to my post?, Scion priest (Guest) (Guest), 17-Aug-01 10:44 AM, #28
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #1979 Previous topic | Next topic