Subject: "Ramblings from Beyond..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16755
Show all folders

AmlaruilWed 09-Apr-03 01:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16796, "Ramblings from Beyond..."
Edited on Wed 09-Apr-03 01:46 PM

>Losing does not mean you couldn't win a PK if your life
>depended on it.
>
>Losing eight times to the same guy? Well, it's not indicative
>of you being the closest CF equivalent of Sun Tzu, that's for
>sure.

Just my 2 coppers worth, semi on and off topic...

In the last 8 years of my CF time I've proven that I'm one of those that can't PK my way out of a paper bag on most occassions. That's not to say that I don't *know* how to do so, just that I either sincerely suck at it or it's a classic case of 'their kung fu' client is stronger than my NETTERM skills. But even so I like to think my RP is at least at or slightly above the average player. If not for a bit of roleplay my characters now and then would have been pretty much worthless (and some would argue they were anyhow). I've enjoyed them all though, because I made them interesting to me and not just 1 dimensional.

At any rate, more people need to just back off some and realize that while CF is a Player Killing MUD it's a LOT of other things as well. Here lately I've seen a lot of people whining and throwing their hands up to quit at the first sign of trouble, losing that limited ubber shiney bubblegum wrapper they have had forever, or any other 'every day life' type occurrances on CF.

If you are that anal about everything, you're missing the point of the game. If you just want to be ubber-god all the time and can't stand losing, there are a number of other games out there you can play that have cheats to set yourself up for just that. Chances are you'll learn in the end that it's much more fun to play when you aren't always at the top of the food chain though and that the game is just an empty otherwise.

Point to all this? If something bad happens to you or things start getting slow, rather than DELETE or gripe and moan, why not either take a break or do something IC about it.

I'll go back into hiding now...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFarewell [View all] , Drugadath (Guest), Mon 07-Apr-03 12:54 PM
Reply RE: Farewell, Zulghinlour, 09-Apr-03 02:54 PM, #17
Reply RE: Farewell, Valguarnera, 07-Apr-03 08:40 PM, #6
Reply RE: Farewell, Khelednala (Guest), 07-Apr-03 07:18 PM, #4
Reply short pally comment, Daurwyn (Guest), 08-Apr-03 10:18 AM, #13
     Reply RE: short pally comment, Khelednala (Guest), 09-Apr-03 08:21 AM, #15
Reply RE: Farewell, nepenthe, 07-Apr-03 07:08 PM, #3
Reply feeling the need to defend myself, Trinthos (Guest), 07-Apr-03 07:40 PM, #5
Reply RE: feeling the need to defend myself, nepenthe, 07-Apr-03 10:33 PM, #7
Reply yeah well, Trinthos (Guest), 07-Apr-03 11:36 PM, #8
Reply Don't be gay, Sparky, Bring_The_Pain, 08-Apr-03 09:02 AM, #12
     Reply Ok first of all, Trinthos (Guest), 08-Apr-03 12:31 PM, #14
Reply Ramblings from Beyond..., Amlaruil, 09-Apr-03 01:46 PM #16
Reply RE: feeling the need to defend myself, Dafeb (Guest), 08-Apr-03 08:49 AM, #11
Reply RE: Farewell, Drugadath (Guest), 08-Apr-03 12:20 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Farewell, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 08-Apr-03 03:57 AM, #10
     Reply you didn't lose any charges for roleplay, Daurwyn (Guest), 09-Apr-03 04:00 PM, #18
Reply hrmm what to say, what to say..., Trinthos (Guest), 07-Apr-03 07:06 PM, #2
Reply RE: Farewell, ORB, 07-Apr-03 01:20 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16755 Previous topic | Next topic