Subject: "RE: Farewell" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16755
Show all folders

nepentheMon 07-Apr-03 07:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16758, "RE: Farewell"

>Had fun with Drugadath. But it got boring. Everyone simply
>ran and ran and it became more difficult to get any charges.
>
>Do not mention that you may open the Scarab cabal to
>any of your followers if you do not follow through with it.

May, the last I checked, meant that he might, or might not.

>Can you
>let us know now if the weapon will crumble along with other
>limited equipment?

I haven't looked at the limited item and insufficient playing code in a long time (if ever) but I doubt it treats unholy weapons any differently than anything else.

If you were worried about it I suppose you could always leech over to a non-limited weapon for the hibernation, than re-get a "real" weapon upon starting to play again, bless it and leech over. I can't imagine an A-P with enough savvy to build a weapon worth worrying about losing would have much trouble managing that.

>Oh, Valguernera (sp?) and Yanoreth, I can assure you the
>charge average is certainly not 1.1-1.2. My average in my
>lifetime is 0.6 .
>I have every kill logged and calculated it myself.

I'm sure you did, but your lifetime was also lived (sans a brief period of distention) outside of the hero range. I'm sure if I sat down and did the math on a level 40 A-P's range the average would be significantly lower than 1.2. Heroes are not inherently worth more charges, but from what I've observed it tends to work out that many of them are worth more than your average lower level character.

I paid a moderate amount of attention to Drugadath's kills and the charge status of his victims, because, and I'll give you props for it, he was the first A-P in a while to really get rolling on a weapon. I'm not saying you killed/fought only unskilled opponents (because that wouldn't be true) but you did kill a number of very bad people several times. No, not in a row multi-kill style, but still. One guy who was worth the basement minimum chance to gain a charge you killed 8 times, others in similar situation 4 or 5 times. These are people who, while I'm sure many of them have other strengths as players, couldn't win a PK it their real life depended on it. I'm sorry, but I can't consider a system that doesn't as strongly encourage the repeated slaughter of such weak and unchallenging opponents to be broken or in need of change.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFarewell [View all] , Drugadath (Guest), Mon 07-Apr-03 12:54 PM
Reply RE: Farewell, Zulghinlour, 09-Apr-03 02:54 PM, #17
Reply RE: Farewell, Valguarnera, 07-Apr-03 08:40 PM, #6
Reply RE: Farewell, Khelednala (Guest), 07-Apr-03 07:18 PM, #4
Reply short pally comment, Daurwyn (Guest), 08-Apr-03 10:18 AM, #13
     Reply RE: short pally comment, Khelednala (Guest), 09-Apr-03 08:21 AM, #15
Reply RE: Farewell, nepenthe, 07-Apr-03 07:08 PM #3
Reply feeling the need to defend myself, Trinthos (Guest), 07-Apr-03 07:40 PM, #5
Reply RE: feeling the need to defend myself, nepenthe, 07-Apr-03 10:33 PM, #7
Reply yeah well, Trinthos (Guest), 07-Apr-03 11:36 PM, #8
Reply Don't be gay, Sparky, Bring_The_Pain, 08-Apr-03 09:02 AM, #12
     Reply Ok first of all, Trinthos (Guest), 08-Apr-03 12:31 PM, #14
Reply Ramblings from Beyond..., Amlaruil, 09-Apr-03 01:46 PM, #16
Reply RE: feeling the need to defend myself, Dafeb (Guest), 08-Apr-03 08:49 AM, #11
Reply RE: Farewell, Drugadath (Guest), 08-Apr-03 12:20 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Farewell, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 08-Apr-03 03:57 AM, #10
     Reply you didn't lose any charges for roleplay, Daurwyn (Guest), 09-Apr-03 04:00 PM, #18
Reply hrmm what to say, what to say..., Trinthos (Guest), 07-Apr-03 07:06 PM, #2
Reply RE: Farewell, ORB, 07-Apr-03 01:20 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16755 Previous topic | Next topic