Subject: "Yeah, no golden grimoire or troubadour equivalent " Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135786
Show all folders

lasentiaThu 13-Dec-18 03:09 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135792, "Yeah, no golden grimoire or troubadour equivalent "

I played a few fort bards, and that was always a very annoying aspect. Having to be extremely careful with songs just ruins the fun, since it is very easy to counter a bard that can't harm goodies.

How you have to play it when people bring goodies in as meat shields is lullaby. Or Tranquil serenade to get them out of the fight. If I knew an enemy was coming, I would sleep all the goodies in the few rooms around me so I could move around. Nothing more annoying than an evil warrior that just drives you in between songs and you get screwed cause you vibratoed some lowbie npc.

But it is really stupid that some lowbie evil can see a fort bard fighting, summon a level 1 elf right before the bard sings and the bard gets screwed. Same with warriors using drive and such. Just too many ways for the bard to kill an innocent by sheer accident.

That's why fort bards suck in my opinion. (at least if you want maran and so have to pk)
Of course, if you can reach maran, just lightforge wrath talismans and use them instead of songs.

But still, pretty meh overall that the main tool of a fort bard is so easily turned against them in PK situations. Just use roundhouse and kick!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Yiarlessea the Grand Mistress of Arti... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 11-Dec-18 09:24 PM
Reply Never got into the char, Yiarlessea (Anonymous), 13-Dec-18 12:39 AM, #1
     Reply Yeah, no golden grimoire or troubadour equivalent , lasentia, 13-Dec-18 03:09 PM #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135786 Previous topic | Next topic