Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Yiarlessea the Grand Mistress of Arti..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135786
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 11-Dec-18 09:24 PM
Member since 18th Apr 2024
16791 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135786, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Yiarlessea the Grand Mistress of Artistry"

Tue Dec 11 20:22:33 2018

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Yiarlessea perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:63

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Yiarlessea (Anonymous)Thu 13-Dec-18 12:39 AM
Charter member
#135790, "Never got into the char"
In response to Reply #0

On paper wanted to try elf romantic, in reality the edges never came together (new world order) and never got into the groove of the char for some reason. Accidentally killing a goodie while in the process of killing an anti-paladin is now a big no-no apparently and that just completely soured the char for me despite not having any repercussions immediately. That kill probably meant no maran in forever, plus looking forward to whatever aeons of atonement and a very real possibility (for a bard) to kill another and get kicked out for sure is just meh.
Whomever ranked me, thank you! Too bad I didn't get to explore like I planned with this one. GLWMN!
P.S. Hardcore Fort policy is actually fine, no knock on imms, I just couldn't deal with it as a player. And it's kinda not fair to bards and similar classes. The fact that I managed to avoid killing a goodie for ~60 hours is a miracle.

lasentiaThu 13-Dec-18 03:09 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135792, "Yeah, no golden grimoire or troubadour equivalent "
In response to Reply #1

I played a few fort bards, and that was always a very annoying aspect. Having to be extremely careful with songs just ruins the fun, since it is very easy to counter a bard that can't harm goodies.

How you have to play it when people bring goodies in as meat shields is lullaby. Or Tranquil serenade to get them out of the fight. If I knew an enemy was coming, I would sleep all the goodies in the few rooms around me so I could move around. Nothing more annoying than an evil warrior that just drives you in between songs and you get screwed cause you vibratoed some lowbie npc.

But it is really stupid that some lowbie evil can see a fort bard fighting, summon a level 1 elf right before the bard sings and the bard gets screwed. Same with warriors using drive and such. Just too many ways for the bard to kill an innocent by sheer accident.

That's why fort bards suck in my opinion. (at least if you want maran and so have to pk)
Of course, if you can reach maran, just lightforge wrath talismans and use them instead of songs.

But still, pretty meh overall that the main tool of a fort bard is so easily turned against them in PK situations. Just use roundhouse and kick!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135786 Previous topic | Next topic