Subject: "Necro charmies in the second round" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74721
Show all folders

jalbrinTue 30-May-23 03:54 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74721, "Necro charmies in the second round"

Someone bug boarded this, and you all but said that yes, necro charmies don't, by design, land any hits in the second round after they assist.

I assume there is a good reason here. I'm less confident in you being willing to share the reason, but I'll ask anyway.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Necro charmies in the second round, Ishuli, 30-May-23 07:01 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Necro charmies in the second round, Bemused, 30-May-23 09:18 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Necro charmies in the second round, Kharne, 30-May-23 09:44 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Necro charmies in the second round, Bemused, 30-May-23 09:59 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Necro charmies in the second round, Ishuli, 31-May-23 07:22 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Necro charmies in the second round, Baron, 01-Jun-23 12:00 PM, #6

IshuliTue 30-May-23 07:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74722, "RE: Necro charmies in the second round"
In response to Reply #0

Per the code notes, it's because them assisting in gives them a round they wouldn't otherwise have (due to how initiation works), so it exists so they don't get double. They get their round ON the assist instead of the round after.

BemusedTue 30-May-23 09:18 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#74723, "RE: Necro charmies in the second round"
In response to Reply #1

I remember this being talked about decades ago as a bug that's too hard to fix.

But as it stands:

a) PC initiated combat
b) 1st full round of combat where the NPCs assist
c) 2nd full round of combat where the NPCs do not attack
d) 3rd and subsequent rounds of combat where the NPCs do get attacks

Are you saying at b) they get the equivalent of two rounds of combat and that is balanced out by zero rounds of combat in c)?

I don't think that's the case but if so that's a bug either way. NPCs are either getting 2 rounds followed by 0, or 1 round followed by 0.

KharneTue 30-May-23 09:44 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2016
50 posts
#74724, "RE: Necro charmies in the second round"
In response to Reply #2

My take is necro charmies assist and shouldn't get hits until 2nd round and onwards but the way the code works they get hits in the first assisting round hence then dont get hits in 2nd round to balance it out. Clear as mud?

BemusedTue 30-May-23 09:59 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#74725, "RE: Necro charmies in the second round"
In response to Reply #3

So NPCs should get zero attacks in the 1st round of combat? That doesn't sound right.

It doesn't work this way for players. When a group mate attacks something, I will get a full round on the "assist" round. I also get a full round on the 2nd round of combat.

As you say - clear as mud.

IshuliWed 31-May-23 07:22 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
#74726, "RE: Necro charmies in the second round"
In response to Reply #2

Code notes:

// No double autoassist. Miss a set of attacks.

BaronThu 01-Jun-23 12:00 PM
Member since 09th Jul 2006
60 posts
#74727, "RE: Necro charmies in the second round"
In response to Reply #2

Well, since it was brought here.

I tend to agree with you, if zombies get the equivalent of two rounds of combat in the assist round, its a bug. And if that is balanced out by zero attacks in the second round, for me did not make sense. So I posted on bug board.

But what i thought it was about, was regarding some kind of forced lag on them to answer to commands like "rescue" for instance. Commands to them only work after the end of the second round of combat.

Forgive me here, before Zrannaiw i played my last necro around 2001 i think. And it was before that rescue abuse that got famous, at that time rescue did not lag the rescuer, but lagged the rescued. So, for some reason, i thought things could be related, as mob lag may be different to code than what happens with PCs. (or that possibility of abuse with the golem and staff of striking Twisted posted long ago as well).

Thanks.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74721 Previous topic | Next topic