Subject: "Missing gear" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69898
Show all folders

HonestpaladinWed 21-Feb-18 01:37 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2017
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69898, "Missing gear"

Logged out today with a weapon I was lvl 12. Log back in a few hrs later and the weapon is now gone..Is this normal?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Missing gear, Ishuli, 21-Feb-18 01:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Missing gear, Saagkri, 21-Feb-18 03:23 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Missing gear, Honestpaladin, 21-Feb-18 04:41 PM, #3
          Reply does gear still crumble if, Dallevian, 21-Feb-18 05:17 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Missing gear, Demos, 21-Feb-18 08:19 PM, #5
          Reply So... How do limited items work?, Mcbeth, 21-Feb-18 08:45 PM, #6
          Reply RE: So... How do limited items work?, Jarmel, 21-Feb-18 08:53 PM, #7
          Reply That's what chromatic flames are for., Saagkri, 21-Feb-18 09:14 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Missing gear, Tac, 21-Feb-18 10:35 PM, #9
          Reply High level lim items crumble sub-25, Kstatida, 22-Feb-18 06:17 AM, #10
          Reply RE: Missing gear, amazingdonnie, 22-Feb-18 10:32 AM, #11

IshuliWed 21-Feb-18 01:31 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2256 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69899, "RE: Missing gear"
In response to Reply #0

It depends on a few things. Certain objects rot over time, or on logout. If the object was limited and you were sub 11 (i know you said you were level 12, but just mentioning possibilities) it can also poof.

And if an object is over its limit, you'll normally have an echo on login when it poofs.

There's always the chance someone in your pk stole it from you as well.

But generally speaking, no it's not normal.

SaagkriWed 21-Feb-18 03:23 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#69900, "RE: Missing gear"
In response to Reply #1

I've also had things rot if it's limited and I put it in a pit sub L11 and get it out after a reboot.

HonestpaladinWed 21-Feb-18 04:41 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2017
44 posts
#69901, "RE: Missing gear"
In response to Reply #1

Nope, I was wielding the weapon when I logged out and got no msg when I logged back in..it was just gone. Same thing happened when I killed another player, I looted the spider hide breastplate and the weaver of doom from said corpse and 30 or so min later both items crumbled while I was using them.

I hope there is not some hidden code that crumbles high lvl gear on sub 20 chars...

DallevianWed 21-Feb-18 05:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#69902, "does gear still crumble if"
In response to Reply #3

dropped in/on water?

dropped in a shrine and picked back up?

both of those used to exist back around 2000

DemosWed 21-Feb-18 08:11 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#69903, "RE: Missing gear"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 21-Feb-18 08:19 PM

If it's the two i lost when I got fulled as khellor maybe 3 weeks ago or something, they were over limit for sure. I'd had the weaver for like 100 hours lol

McbethWed 21-Feb-18 08:45 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
#69904, "So... How do limited items work?"
In response to Reply #5

Does a new version appear every x weeks even if it's at it's limit, then the oldest existing one becomes rot_death?

I've never seen the explanation for how we end up with more of a limited item in play than is "allowed".

JarmelWed 21-Feb-18 08:53 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#69905, "RE: So... How do limited items work?"
In response to Reply #6

Some items have a dynamic item limit.

When the player base is bigger (How this is determined I have no idea but obviously in general the more pfiles the better) some item limits increase. In this fashion often legendary items can become famous and famous items can become noteworthy.

However if in 2-3 months time the player count drops below this threshold the reverse happens and noteworthy items can become famous and famous items legendary. Hence when you die the item is over max and goes pop.

SaagkriWed 21-Feb-18 09:14 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#69906, "That's what chromatic flames are for."
In response to Reply #5

I've had things go poof when I died, but I don't know about things over limit crumbling. I even had an item disappear in chromatic flames when I killed the mob that was wearing it.

TacWed 21-Feb-18 10:35 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#69907, "RE: Missing gear"
In response to Reply #3

>I hope there is not some hidden code that crumbles high lvl
>gear on sub 20 chars...

Pretty sure it is this... 60%

KstatidaThu 22-Feb-18 06:15 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69908, "High level lim items crumble sub-25"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 22-Feb-18 06:17 AM

Suffered as Grokko from this a lot.

Edit: By crumbling I mean "crumbles to dust" for no apparent reason.

amazingdonnieThu 22-Feb-18 10:32 AM
Member since 19th Nov 2013
148 posts
#69909, "RE: Missing gear"
In response to Reply #3

Did you find it randomly? It could be that it was dropped underwater or something like that and the timing of it ended up rotting while you were logged off.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69898 Previous topic | Next topic