Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMissing gear
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69898
69898, Missing gear
Posted by Honestpaladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Logged out today with a weapon I was lvl 12. Log back in a few hrs later and the weapon is now gone..Is this normal?
69899, RE: Missing gear
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It depends on a few things. Certain objects rot over time, or on logout. If the object was limited and you were sub 11 (i know you said you were level 12, but just mentioning possibilities) it can also poof.

And if an object is over its limit, you'll normally have an echo on login when it poofs.

There's always the chance someone in your pk stole it from you as well.

But generally speaking, no it's not normal.
69900, RE: Missing gear
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've also had things rot if it's limited and I put it in a pit sub L11 and get it out after a reboot.
69901, RE: Missing gear
Posted by Honestpaladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nope, I was wielding the weapon when I logged out and got no msg when I logged back in..it was just gone. Same thing happened when I killed another player, I looted the spider hide breastplate and the weaver of doom from said corpse and 30 or so min later both items crumbled while I was using them.

I hope there is not some hidden code that crumbles high lvl gear on sub 20 chars...
69902, does gear still crumble if
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dropped in/on water?

dropped in a shrine and picked back up?

both of those used to exist back around 2000
69903, RE: Missing gear
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If it's the two i lost when I got fulled as khellor maybe 3 weeks ago or something, they were over limit for sure. I'd had the weaver for like 100 hours lol
69904, So... How do limited items work?
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does a new version appear every x weeks even if it's at it's limit, then the oldest existing one becomes rot_death?

I've never seen the explanation for how we end up with more of a limited item in play than is "allowed".
69905, RE: So... How do limited items work?
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some items have a dynamic item limit.

When the player base is bigger (How this is determined I have no idea but obviously in general the more pfiles the better) some item limits increase. In this fashion often legendary items can become famous and famous items can become noteworthy.

However if in 2-3 months time the player count drops below this threshold the reverse happens and noteworthy items can become famous and famous items legendary. Hence when you die the item is over max and goes pop.
69906, That's what chromatic flames are for.
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had things go poof when I died, but I don't know about things over limit crumbling. I even had an item disappear in chromatic flames when I killed the mob that was wearing it.
69907, RE: Missing gear
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I hope there is not some hidden code that crumbles high lvl
>gear on sub 20 chars...

Pretty sure it is this... 60%
69908, High level lim items crumble sub-25
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Suffered as Grokko from this a lot.

Edit: By crumbling I mean "crumbles to dust" for no apparent reason.
69909, RE: Missing gear
Posted by amazingdonnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you find it randomly? It could be that it was dropped underwater or something like that and the timing of it ended up rotting while you were logged off.