Subject: "Suggestion: de-link wis & skill learn targetting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68822
Show all folders

Sad Giant (Anonymous)Sat 02-Sep-17 08:50 PM
Charter member
#68822, "Suggestion: de-link wis & skill learn targetting"

Not suggesting to make low wis learn 4% per level, just to actually allow low wis to target what they want. Anecdotally giants appear to get about 10% of their levelup skill learning to the skill/spell they are actually going for. I don't think fixing this would make giants OP, just a little bit less painful to skillup.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ice kingSun 03-Sep-17 08:32 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68824, "RE: Suggestion: de-link wis & skill learn targetting"
In response to Reply #0

I see nothing wrong with that. There's no way it would make them OP or even really affect the "balance" of the game. Ever since the dex change giants have had the short end of the stick, even after all the good changes made to them like dropping the mental vuln.

But I highly doubt this would ever happen because even if it doesn't actually affect the balance much, people will bitch and moan about it to the point that it would end up being more of a headache for the imms than it's worth.

KstatidaSun 03-Sep-17 04:10 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68823, "Dumb races skill learn rate"
In response to Reply #0

was already improved significantly last year. Skill learn bonus was designed as just that - "a bonus".

And adding that bonus to felar and duergars, making their learning easier, I personally don't think is a good idea balancewise.

PatrisaurusSun 03-Sep-17 11:09 AM
Member since 11th Sep 2016
80 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68825, "RE: Dumb races skill learn rate"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 03-Sep-17 11:10 AM

Do you think that poor skill learn bonus is all that prevents felar and duergar from being overpowered as races?

KstatidaSun 03-Sep-17 12:16 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
#68826, "I know what stops me from powerrolling duergars"
In response to Reply #3

Learning issues.

ice kingWed 06-Sep-17 07:50 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
#68831, "Good for you. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

Everyone has learning issues. Knowing you have them and doing something about it is what will set you apart.

tee hee

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68822 Previous topic | Next topic