Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSuggestion: de-link wis & skill learn targetting
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68822
68822, Suggestion: de-link wis & skill learn targetting
Posted by Sad Giant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not suggesting to make low wis learn 4% per level, just to actually allow low wis to target what they want. Anecdotally giants appear to get about 10% of their levelup skill learning to the skill/spell they are actually going for. I don't think fixing this would make giants OP, just a little bit less painful to skillup.
68824, RE: Suggestion: de-link wis & skill learn targetting
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I see nothing wrong with that. There's no way it would make them OP or even really affect the "balance" of the game. Ever since the dex change giants have had the short end of the stick, even after all the good changes made to them like dropping the mental vuln.

But I highly doubt this would ever happen because even if it doesn't actually affect the balance much, people will bitch and moan about it to the point that it would end up being more of a headache for the imms than it's worth.
68823, Dumb races skill learn rate
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
was already improved significantly last year. Skill learn bonus was designed as just that - "a bonus".

And adding that bonus to felar and duergars, making their learning easier, I personally don't think is a good idea balancewise.
68825, RE: Dumb races skill learn rate
Posted by Patrisaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you think that poor skill learn bonus is all that prevents felar and duergar from being overpowered as races?
68826, I know what stops me from powerrolling duergars
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Learning issues.
68831, Good for you. n/t
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everyone has learning issues. Knowing you have them and doing something about it is what will set you apart.

tee hee