Subject: "Chromatic Fire (the supplication): A Humble Request" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68784
Show all folders

Anarchist (Anonymous)Wed 23-Aug-17 05:50 PM
Charter member
#68784, "Chromatic Fire (the supplication): A Humble Request"

I've always loved me some chromatic fire. The chaos factor of it doing good/bad things to the caster as well as the receiver of it is a pretty cool concept that is unique to it.

As it stands right now, however, it is pretty unusable aside from just tossing a couple casts here and there on a mob for laughs, due to it having a 2-round lag on its use.

Some of what it does is already in the shaman arsenal, but for double the lag of a normal commune (and of course it being completely random AND the chance that it will backfire on you). This kind of crosses the line of "chaotic" into "chaotic stupid" if you're using this in PK.

Needless to say, this will never be a "power game" supp, but it would definitely be more fun if it was made into a 1-round supp so that you wouldn't be absolutely out of your mind to use it in PK fights and would feel a little bit better about tossing out one of these wild-cards in the midst of a fight.

I'm sure this is bottom-tier on the code list, but I figured it may be a quick, reasonable tweak, so thought I'd give it a shot.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Chromatic Fire (the supplication): A Humble Request, amazingdonnie, 23-Aug-17 06:42 PM, #2
Reply No. n/t, Lhydia, 23-Aug-17 06:35 PM, #1
     Reply RE: No. n/t, Anarchist (Anonymous), 23-Aug-17 07:28 PM, #3
          Reply You called a supplication chaotic stupid. , Lhydia, 23-Aug-17 07:59 PM, #4
          Reply RE: You called a supplication chaotic stupid. , Anarchist (Anonymous), 23-Aug-17 08:22 PM, #5
               Reply Moo. n/t, Lhydia, 23-Aug-17 08:33 PM, #6
          Reply Options, FlatEarthIsReal, 24-Aug-17 04:10 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Options, Anarchist (Anonymous), 24-Aug-17 04:33 PM, #8
                    Reply You just made 4 false statements. n/t, Lhydia, 24-Aug-17 07:27 PM, #9

amazingdonnieWed 23-Aug-17 06:42 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2013
148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68786, "RE: Chromatic Fire (the supplication): A Humble Request"
In response to Reply #0

Having had this supplication, I think you are right.

LhydiaWed 23-Aug-17 06:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68785, "No. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Gr

Anarchist (Anonymous)Wed 23-Aug-17 07:28 PM
Charter member
#68787, "RE: No. n/t"
In response to Reply #1

You know you don't HAVE to post on everything, right? You have the option to keep scrolling.

LhydiaWed 23-Aug-17 07:59 PM
2390 posts
#68788, "You called a supplication chaotic stupid. "
In response to Reply #3

Automatic no.

Anarchist (Anonymous)Wed 23-Aug-17 08:22 PM
Charter member
#68789, "RE: You called a supplication chaotic stupid. "
In response to Reply #4

So the answer is "no" you are not aware of the option to keep scrolling and are also incapable of adding substance to anything you touch along the way. Got it. Carry on.

LhydiaWed 23-Aug-17 08:33 PM
2390 posts
#68790, "Moo. n/t"
In response to Reply #5

gr

FlatEarthIsRealThu 24-Aug-17 04:10 PM
Member since 27th Dec 2016
9 posts
#68792, "Options"
In response to Reply #3

You know you have that option too, right?

I mean, you don't think immortals are scrolling through the game play forum going: "La de da, oh here is a change request... hmm let me read this here... oh Lhydia said 'no' without explanation. Definitely can't make THAT change!"

Do you?

Anarchist (Anonymous)Thu 24-Aug-17 04:33 PM
Charter member
#68793, "RE: Options"
In response to Reply #7

No, I don't think that at all.

It just boggles the mind that someone can go through every single post on the forum and comment on everything without ever actually ADDING anything of substance to them.

Admittedly, I don't spend too much time on the forums so I'm not sure if Lhydia is a known troll or not, in which case I regret feeding it. Ah well!

LhydiaThu 24-Aug-17 07:27 PM
2390 posts
#68794, "You just made 4 false statements. n/t"
In response to Reply #8

Gr

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68784 Previous topic | Next topic