Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectChromatic Fire (the supplication): A Humble Request
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68784
68784, Chromatic Fire (the supplication): A Humble Request
Posted by Anarchist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've always loved me some chromatic fire. The chaos factor of it doing good/bad things to the caster as well as the receiver of it is a pretty cool concept that is unique to it.

As it stands right now, however, it is pretty unusable aside from just tossing a couple casts here and there on a mob for laughs, due to it having a 2-round lag on its use.

Some of what it does is already in the shaman arsenal, but for double the lag of a normal commune (and of course it being completely random AND the chance that it will backfire on you). This kind of crosses the line of "chaotic" into "chaotic stupid" if you're using this in PK.

Needless to say, this will never be a "power game" supp, but it would definitely be more fun if it was made into a 1-round supp so that you wouldn't be absolutely out of your mind to use it in PK fights and would feel a little bit better about tossing out one of these wild-cards in the midst of a fight.

I'm sure this is bottom-tier on the code list, but I figured it may be a quick, reasonable tweak, so thought I'd give it a shot.
68786, RE: Chromatic Fire (the supplication): A Humble Request
Posted by amazingdonnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having had this supplication, I think you are right.
68785, No. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gr
68787, RE: No. n/t
You know you don't HAVE to post on everything, right? You have the option to keep scrolling.
68788, You called a supplication chaotic stupid.
Automatic no.
68789, RE: You called a supplication chaotic stupid.
So the answer is "no" you are not aware of the option to keep scrolling and are also incapable of adding substance to anything you touch along the way. Got it. Carry on.
68790, Moo. n/t
gr
68792, Options
Posted by FlatEarthIsReal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You know you have that option too, right?

I mean, you don't think immortals are scrolling through the game play forum going: "La de da, oh here is a change request... hmm let me read this here... oh Lhydia said 'no' without explanation. Definitely can't make THAT change!"

Do you?
68793, RE: Options
No, I don't think that at all.

It just boggles the mind that someone can go through every single post on the forum and comment on everything without ever actually ADDING anything of substance to them.

Admittedly, I don't spend too much time on the forums so I'm not sure if Lhydia is a known troll or not, in which case I regret feeding it. Ah well!
68794, You just made 4 false statements. n/t
Gr