Subject: "Partial shifts and specifically paws of the cheetah" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68380
Show all folders

Felarrshifter (Anonymous)Thu 01-Jun-17 10:09 AM
Charter member
#68380, "Partial shifts and specifically paws of the cheetah"

Would it be possible to make the paws of the cheetah fall into the same 'defensive' bracket as the chitin of crab, hide of the rhino, shell of the tortoise and scales of the crocodile in so much as it will allow you to have that partial shift up in conjunction with an 'offense' partial shift like claws, horns or fangs?

At the moment you can have claws or paws but not both and I don't think it would make lowbie shifters overpowered to have paws and claws or paws and horns or paws and fangs at the same time.

It is a bit gutting as a dexy shifter to have to choose between defensive paws and a crappy practice dagger and claws of the lion and no parry or defense.

Yours hopefully.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Meh, Destuvius, 04-Jun-17 06:04 PM, #3
Reply How about then.., felarrshifter (Anonymous), 07-Jun-17 05:54 AM, #4
     Reply This is actually a good idea, Kstatida, 07-Jun-17 11:44 AM, #5
          Reply You're just saying that because you like the idea of ba..., Mcbeth, 07-Jun-17 01:09 PM, #6
          Reply That too, Kstatida, 07-Jun-17 01:37 PM, #7
          Reply Heh. I remember being somewhat disappointed, Murphy, 07-Jun-17 10:03 PM, #8
Reply According to ONLY Kstats...it would be super OP. NT, TMNS, 02-Jun-17 08:32 PM, #1
     Reply Kstatida you mean? The fool who replies to everything l..., Felarrshifter (Anonymous), 04-Jun-17 08:51 AM, #2

DestuviusSun 04-Jun-17 06:04 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68399, "Meh"
In response to Reply #0

As a dexy shifter you are already ahead of the game in pre-form due to better AC. While I think felar shifter is far from a power choice that could use some additional love, I don't think that this is where I would like to see it go.

felarrshifter (Anonymous)Wed 07-Jun-17 05:54 AM
Charter member
#68400, "How about then.."
In response to Reply #3

If having defensive paws and offensive claws is a no no.....could we compromise and allow defensive paws to be cast during combat like the other defensive partials, as at the moment you cannot. This could give added utility to the shapeshifter class whereby they can revert and cast paws to use an offenseive wand or talisman or something that helps them be less one-dimensional?

KstatidaWed 07-Jun-17 11:43 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68403, "This is actually a good idea"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Wed 07-Jun-17 11:44 AM

Nepenthe approves.

McbethWed 07-Jun-17 01:09 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68404, "You're just saying that because you like the idea of ba..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

KstatidaWed 07-Jun-17 01:37 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68405, "That too"
In response to Reply #6

But I like the idea of partial form shifter performance. Dodge+offense is definitely OP, but being able to switch between dodge and offense mid-fight (depending on tanking) is nice and adds more versatility to partial shifter gameplay.

MurphyWed 07-Jun-17 10:03 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68407, "Heh. I remember being somewhat disappointed"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 07-Jun-17 10:03 PM

that paws of the cheetah couldn't be cast in combat, even with the anthropomorph edge.

TMNSFri 02-Jun-17 08:32 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#68395, "According to ONLY Kstats...it would be super OP. NT"
In response to Reply #0

NT

Felarrshifter (Anonymous)Sun 04-Jun-17 08:51 AM
Charter member
#68398, "Kstatida you mean? The fool who replies to everything l..."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68380 Previous topic | Next topic