Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPartial shifts and specifically paws of the cheetah
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68380
68380, Partial shifts and specifically paws of the cheetah
Posted by Felarrshifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would it be possible to make the paws of the cheetah fall into the same 'defensive' bracket as the chitin of crab, hide of the rhino, shell of the tortoise and scales of the crocodile in so much as it will allow you to have that partial shift up in conjunction with an 'offense' partial shift like claws, horns or fangs?

At the moment you can have claws or paws but not both and I don't think it would make lowbie shifters overpowered to have paws and claws or paws and horns or paws and fangs at the same time.

It is a bit gutting as a dexy shifter to have to choose between defensive paws and a crappy practice dagger and claws of the lion and no parry or defense.

Yours hopefully.
68399, Meh
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a dexy shifter you are already ahead of the game in pre-form due to better AC. While I think felar shifter is far from a power choice that could use some additional love, I don't think that this is where I would like to see it go.
68400, How about then..
Posted by felarrshifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If having defensive paws and offensive claws is a no no.....could we compromise and allow defensive paws to be cast during combat like the other defensive partials, as at the moment you cannot. This could give added utility to the shapeshifter class whereby they can revert and cast paws to use an offenseive wand or talisman or something that helps them be less one-dimensional?

68403, This is actually a good idea
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nepenthe approves.
68404, You're just saying that because you like the idea of bashing down out of form shifters who fail their control translucence check
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
68405, That too
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I like the idea of partial form shifter performance. Dodge+offense is definitely OP, but being able to switch between dodge and offense mid-fight (depending on tanking) is nice and adds more versatility to partial shifter gameplay.
68407, Heh. I remember being somewhat disappointed
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that paws of the cheetah couldn't be cast in combat, even with the anthropomorph edge.
68395, According to ONLY Kstats...it would be super OP. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
68398, Kstatida you mean? The fool who replies to everything like he is Nepenthe?
Posted by Felarrshifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t