Subject: "From bug board" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67634
Show all folders

Frustrated (Anonymous)Thu 06-Apr-17 12:46 AM
Charter member
#67634, "From bug board"

Promised I'd bring it over here if it wasn't a bug so here we are. Whatever the logic was for making the change from destroying stuff to breaking stuff, why isn't it the same for these items (the axe, the talisman, whatever else) that are actually destroying stuff for good? Why would anyone want to fight someone where even if you win, you lose? Or if no one dies, you leave with several items gone forever? Seems like it's just a reason to avoid those people, and not sure how it adds to the game, based on how you guys have the whole rest of the game set up not to permanently destroy stuff.

Make the change complete, to include these last ones?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Agreed, Kstatida, 09-Apr-17 04:39 AM, #15
Reply RE: Agreed, Jhyrbian, 09-Apr-17 09:26 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Agreed, Isildur, 09-Apr-17 06:28 PM, #17
Reply RE: From bug board, Frustrated (Anonymous), 08-Apr-17 04:37 PM, #9
Reply What more do you want?, Lhydia, 08-Apr-17 04:42 PM, #10
     Reply He wants us all to go "Guy, you're totally ####ing righ..., TMNS, 08-Apr-17 11:51 PM, #11
Reply What part of not a bug didn't you get?, Athioles, 06-Apr-17 05:41 AM, #2
Reply RE: What part of not a bug didn't you get?, Isildur, 06-Apr-17 11:03 AM, #4
Reply gameplay is for this purpose, crsweeney, 07-Apr-17 03:37 PM, #5
Reply The IMM who created the items said "Not a bug", TMNS, 07-Apr-17 06:51 PM, #7
     Reply Is everyone goofing around?, Seriphax, 07-Apr-17 10:25 PM, #8
Reply RE: What part of not a bug didn't you get?, Shravthar, 07-Apr-17 06:13 PM, #6
     Reply Because it's not gameplay., Athioles, 09-Apr-17 02:12 AM, #12
          Reply RE: Because it's not gameplay., Shravthar, 09-Apr-17 02:44 AM, #13
               Reply You ever going to just admit who you are?, TMNS, 09-Apr-17 03:10 AM, #14
Reply RE: From bug board, rsmith, 06-Apr-17 01:42 AM, #1
     Reply I feel the same., Athioles, 06-Apr-17 05:42 AM, #3

KstatidaSun 09-Apr-17 04:39 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67679, "Agreed"
In response to Reply #0

No need to come back to the stone age if broken now means in need of repair.

Increasing frustration is bad.

JhyrbianSun 09-Apr-17 09:26 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67689, "RE: Agreed"
In response to Reply #15

If we took out PK completely, there'd be no frustration, let's do that.

IsildurSun 09-Apr-17 06:28 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67746, "RE: Agreed"
In response to Reply #16

IMO there's some middle ground.

I'm torn on whether areas like Hell are a net positive. Ignoring that question, though, I think there's a decent argument to be made that the rewards are "too nice".

Frustrated (Anonymous)Sat 08-Apr-17 04:37 PM
Charter member
#67656, "RE: From bug board"
In response to Reply #0

In a bit of a combination of two posts here on gameplay board, I was hoping one of the imms would respond and talk about whether the things being talked about here that genuinely destroy rather than break equ might be changed, and I realized that (and here's the combination part) no imm has posted on the gameplay board for 10 days. As far as I can tell, the last was scarabaeus on that chaotic conjurer thread back on March 30th I think.

So like I said, combo. Want imm input here, hopefully saying these last remnants of a different age will be changed to just break things. And want to point out that yeah, there seems to be a real lack of imm activity in game and here on the carrion fields official website.

These things make baby jesus cry, I think.

LhydiaSat 08-Apr-17 04:42 PM
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67657, "What more do you want?"
In response to Reply #9

Scarabaeus the guy that wrote the item, the guy that wrote the area, and the only active IMM coder gave you a direct response on the bug board to your inquiry. I'm pretty sure he has bigger fish to fry than worrying about you losing a ring and a pendant to a unique axe that surfaces once every 8 years.

TMNSSat 08-Apr-17 11:51 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#67671, "He wants us all to go "Guy, you're totally ####ing righ..."
In response to Reply #10

And look, in a lot of ways he's not wrong.

But people have bitched about said item destroying things before.

And other items.

It's not a new bitch.

It's the old bitch.

AthiolesThu 06-Apr-17 05:41 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#67636, "What part of not a bug didn't you get?"
In response to Reply #0

Don't fight the guy with an axe.

Or take your rings and neckwear off.

Boo-####ing-hoo.

IsildurThu 06-Apr-17 11:03 AM
5969 posts
#67640, "RE: What part of not a bug didn't you get?"
In response to Reply #2

Don't think it's just rings and neckwear. Think it also destroys boots.

crsweeneyFri 07-Apr-17 03:37 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2013
202 posts
#67647, "gameplay is for this purpose"
In response to Reply #2

He is doing the right thing here - opening a discussion on gameplay as the imms have said, not a bug.

Having had gear destroyed by Maggots, prior to their being nerfed, I can sympathize and agree. Break items but don't destroy them, it gives the wielder/wearer of these items a very significant griefing ability that the game just doesn't need.

TMNSFri 07-Apr-17 06:51 PM
2670 posts
#67650, "The IMM who created the items said "Not a bug""
In response to Reply #5

And since he's the only real coder on CF...it's not a ####ing bug then.

Whether or not we agree with it.

SeriphaxFri 07-Apr-17 10:23 PM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
#67651, "Is everyone goofing around?"
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Fri 07-Apr-17 10:25 PM

Because the very first sentence of the original post (on the gameplay thread) acknowledges that it's not a bug. The issue is not 'is it a bug?' but rather 'is this item conducive to overall enjoyable gameplay?'.

Everyone in this sub thread that has said something along the lines of 'hey dude, it's not a bug' needs to re-read the first sentence of the post, perhaps several times.

ShravtharFri 07-Apr-17 06:13 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2016
209 posts
#67649, "RE: What part of not a bug didn't you get?"
In response to Reply #2

What part of Gameplay board didn't you get?

Please go troll somewhere else. Thank you.

AthiolesSun 09-Apr-17 02:12 AM
392 posts
#67672, "Because it's not gameplay."
In response to Reply #6

It's "please agree with me so the imms will change something I don't like."

ShravtharSun 09-Apr-17 02:44 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2016
209 posts
#67676, "RE: Because it's not gameplay."
In response to Reply #12

You're dumb. You should stop posting.

And in case you don't get it, please explain what gameplay is if it is not someone saying they think something is wrong and want it changed somehow? That's the whole point. Everything ever posted on gameplay, in the history of gameplay, is this. The obvious truth is that you either don't care or don't agree, but believe that YOUR belief means it can't be discussed. You are, of course, wrong.

Again, please go troll other threads.

TMNSSun 09-Apr-17 03:10 AM
2670 posts
#67677, "You ever going to just admit who you are?"
In response to Reply #13

This false-persona narrative is so silly.

rsmithThu 06-Apr-17 01:42 AM
Member since 31st Oct 2015
8 posts
#67635, "RE: From bug board"
In response to Reply #0

Are you talking about some super hard item to get? Wow CF must be in a good place if that is all you are complaining about LOL. I personally would like to see them fix elf STSF. It is a powergamey OP build that really lessens the fun for everyone else.

AthiolesThu 06-Apr-17 05:42 AM
392 posts
#67637, "I feel the same."
In response to Reply #1

Seven Winds of Hamsah Mu'tazz should be a legacy, not a moderately expensive edge.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67634 Previous topic | Next topic