Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectFrom bug board
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67634
67634, From bug board
Posted by Frustrated on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Promised I'd bring it over here if it wasn't a bug so here we are. Whatever the logic was for making the change from destroying stuff to breaking stuff, why isn't it the same for these items (the axe, the talisman, whatever else) that are actually destroying stuff for good? Why would anyone want to fight someone where even if you win, you lose? Or if no one dies, you leave with several items gone forever? Seems like it's just a reason to avoid those people, and not sure how it adds to the game, based on how you guys have the whole rest of the game set up not to permanently destroy stuff.

Make the change complete, to include these last ones?
67679, Agreed
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No need to come back to the stone age if broken now means in need of repair.

Increasing frustration is bad.
67689, RE: Agreed
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If we took out PK completely, there'd be no frustration, let's do that.
67746, RE: Agreed
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
IMO there's some middle ground.

I'm torn on whether areas like Hell are a net positive. Ignoring that question, though, I think there's a decent argument to be made that the rewards are "too nice".
67656, RE: From bug board
Posted by Frustrated on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In a bit of a combination of two posts here on gameplay board, I was hoping one of the imms would respond and talk about whether the things being talked about here that genuinely destroy rather than break equ might be changed, and I realized that (and here's the combination part) no imm has posted on the gameplay board for 10 days. As far as I can tell, the last was scarabaeus on that chaotic conjurer thread back on March 30th I think.

So like I said, combo. Want imm input here, hopefully saying these last remnants of a different age will be changed to just break things. And want to point out that yeah, there seems to be a real lack of imm activity in game and here on the carrion fields official website.

These things make baby jesus cry, I think.
67657, What more do you want?
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Scarabaeus the guy that wrote the item, the guy that wrote the area, and the only active IMM coder gave you a direct response on the bug board to your inquiry. I'm pretty sure he has bigger fish to fry than worrying about you losing a ring and a pendant to a unique axe that surfaces once every 8 years.
67671, He wants us all to go "Guy, you're totally ####ing right. That's horse####". NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And look, in a lot of ways he's not wrong.

But people have bitched about said item destroying things before.

And other items.

It's not a new bitch.

It's the old bitch.
67636, What part of not a bug didn't you get?
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't fight the guy with an axe.

Or take your rings and neckwear off.

Boo-####ing-hoo.
67640, RE: What part of not a bug didn't you get?
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't think it's just rings and neckwear. Think it also destroys boots.
67647, gameplay is for this purpose
Posted by crsweeney on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He is doing the right thing here - opening a discussion on gameplay as the imms have said, not a bug.

Having had gear destroyed by Maggots, prior to their being nerfed, I can sympathize and agree. Break items but don't destroy them, it gives the wielder/wearer of these items a very significant griefing ability that the game just doesn't need.

67650, The IMM who created the items said "Not a bug"
And since he's the only real coder on CF...it's not a ####ing bug then.

Whether or not we agree with it.
67651, Is everyone goofing around?
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because the very first sentence of the original post (on the gameplay thread) acknowledges that it's not a bug. The issue is not 'is it a bug?' but rather 'is this item conducive to overall enjoyable gameplay?'.

Everyone in this sub thread that has said something along the lines of 'hey dude, it's not a bug' needs to re-read the first sentence of the post, perhaps several times.
67649, RE: What part of not a bug didn't you get?
Posted by Shravthar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What part of Gameplay board didn't you get?

Please go troll somewhere else. Thank you.
67672, Because it's not gameplay.
It's "please agree with me so the imms will change something I don't like."
67676, RE: Because it's not gameplay.
Posted by Shravthar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're dumb. You should stop posting.

And in case you don't get it, please explain what gameplay is if it is not someone saying they think something is wrong and want it changed somehow? That's the whole point. Everything ever posted on gameplay, in the history of gameplay, is this. The obvious truth is that you either don't care or don't agree, but believe that YOUR belief means it can't be discussed. You are, of course, wrong.

Again, please go troll other threads.
67677, You ever going to just admit who you are?
This false-persona narrative is so silly.
67635, RE: From bug board
Posted by rsmith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are you talking about some super hard item to get? Wow CF must be in a good place if that is all you are complaining about LOL. I personally would like to see them fix elf STSF. It is a powergamey OP build that really lessens the fun for everyone else.
67637, I feel the same.
Seven Winds of Hamsah Mu'tazz should be a legacy, not a moderately expensive edge.