Subject: "Panseasonal Edge in the new age?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67328
Show all folders

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 06:40 AM
Member since 27th Feb 2017
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67328, "Panseasonal Edge in the new age?"

With edge points being all but impossible for some players (Looking at myself) to aquire, would you consider making this edge irrelevant? Would you consider getting rid of the early expiration date of seasonal races instead?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Meaning you want to try Taar again?, Kstatida, 04-Mar-17 01:45 PM, #10
Reply You Auldr give the guy some benefit of the doubt. (n/t), Murphy, 04-Mar-17 01:54 PM, #11
Reply I did not play that character. N/T, East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 06:08 PM, #14
     Reply Murphy gives you benefit of the doubt, Kstatida, 04-Mar-17 06:13 PM, #15
          Reply That's on you., East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 06:18 PM, #17
Reply The edge becomes cheaper as your character matures., Murphy, 04-Mar-17 11:29 AM, #3
Reply There are no such things as cheap edges anymore., East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 11:59 AM, #5
     Reply Only if Trib bards automatically get Troubadour., Murphy, 04-Mar-17 01:21 PM, #9
          Reply How is that anything but a troll? N/T, East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 06:19 PM, #18
Reply Some characters really need to die off early for the sa..., Lhydia, 04-Mar-17 09:34 AM, #1
     Reply How clever you must fancy yourself. , East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 11:00 AM, #2
          Reply RE: How clever you must fancy yourself. , Jormyr, 04-Mar-17 11:57 AM, #4
               Reply I believe their have been several posts by players and ..., East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 12:06 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: I believe their have been several posts by players ..., N b M, 04-Mar-17 12:09 PM, #7
                    Reply So back to the topic..., East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 12:56 PM, #8
                    Reply People not playing seasonals avoids the problem as well..., Jormyr, 04-Mar-17 02:34 PM, #12
                         Reply That's what happened to Gromm, Kstatida, 04-Mar-17 05:08 PM, #13
                         Reply Kinda why I wrote the post right? That's, imho, a broke..., East_Rd_Trucker, 04-Mar-17 06:16 PM, #16
                              Reply RE: Kinda why I wrote the post right? That's, imho, a b..., Kstatida, 05-Mar-17 07:47 AM, #19

KstatidaSat 04-Mar-17 01:45 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67341, "Meaning you want to try Taar again?"
In response to Reply #0

Please spare us.

Also Panseasonal champ you can get on your hero edge points - please do us a favor and take herbalist instead.

MurphySat 04-Mar-17 01:54 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67342, "You Auldr give the guy some benefit of the doubt. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #10

NT

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 06:08 PM
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67348, "I did not play that character. N/T"
In response to Reply #10

KstatidaSat 04-Mar-17 06:13 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67349, "Murphy gives you benefit of the doubt"
In response to Reply #14

I don't

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 06:18 PM
53 posts
#67351, "That's on you."
In response to Reply #15

But I never played that character.

MurphySat 04-Mar-17 11:29 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67333, "The edge becomes cheaper as your character matures."
In response to Reply #0

As far as I know, it should be easy to get by the end of the season if you play a lot during your time.

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 11:59 AM
53 posts
#67335, "There are no such things as cheap edges anymore."
In response to Reply #3

Not for me anyway.

And I was thinking it got cheaper based on Imm exp of which I'm not good at getting either.

I just think in the current climate it woukd be nice to see it go.

MurphySat 04-Mar-17 01:21 PM
1639 posts
#67340, "Only if Trib bards automatically get Troubadour."
In response to Reply #5

NT

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 06:19 PM
53 posts
#67352, "How is that anything but a troll? N/T"
In response to Reply #9

LhydiaSat 04-Mar-17 09:34 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#67331, "Some characters really need to die off early for the sa..."
In response to Reply #0

Grgr

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 10:58 AM
53 posts
#67332, "How clever you must fancy yourself. "
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sat 04-Mar-17 11:00 AM

I hope it gives you as much satisfaction as I got from your ironic complaint about being outed.

I'll point it out now for the inevitable is about to ensue.

Jalim decided to derail the thread by trolling. Not I.

JormyrSat 04-Mar-17 11:57 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#67334, "RE: How clever you must fancy yourself. "
In response to Reply #2

Honestly, the constant "predictive" finger pointing gets just as old as anything. Not that I care to "defend" the other's, but you're far better off ignoring the comment than feeding it. It's why you get so many comments - because you respond.

That said, I don't know whether panseasonal has any relevance at all hardly, now that frost and goblin are nonseasonal. I believe centaurs remain so, but am also about as convinced to let it play out. There's been...What, maybe two characters I've seen been seasonal deleted? Wouldn't take much to watch it on a case by case basis.

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 12:03 PM
53 posts
#67337, "I believe their have been several posts by players and ..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 04-Mar-17 12:06 PM

Due to the mechanic of forced deletion. And now with edges as they are the Panseasonal edge could litterally be the only edge a solo player or Inn player gets.

Also; I totally agree. Jalim trolling me is my fault. If time has proven one thing it's that by ignoring him he will go away.

N b MSat 04-Mar-17 12:09 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#67338, "RE: I believe their have been several posts by players ..."
In response to Reply #6

Ignoring means not responding, not saying anything.

But you could always just be a snide little cunt and see how that works.

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 12:56 PM
53 posts
#67339, "So back to the topic..."
In response to Reply #7

JormyrSat 04-Mar-17 02:34 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#67344, "People not playing seasonals avoids the problem as well..."
In response to Reply #6

Perhaps not my preferred way to do it, but saying because they might get deleted because of seasonal auto, particularly when an edge was designed specifically for that, will have very convince me to lobby for change. Also, people need to stop being melodramatic about edges. People don't get JUST one edge option in life. (Unless, of course, you choose uber-broken panseasonal champion and it costs you a bajillion edge points. Yay, Kanlax!)

You want to play a centaur, play a centaur. Don't like the seasonal aspect? Play one of the other 15 or so races.

KstatidaSat 04-Mar-17 05:08 PM
2214 posts
#67347, "That's what happened to Gromm"
In response to Reply #12

I knew nothing about edges so I didn't know it was broken. So no edges for me

East_Rd_TruckerSat 04-Mar-17 06:13 PM
53 posts
#67350, "Kinda why I wrote the post right? That's, imho, a broke..."
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Sat 04-Mar-17 06:16 PM

People aren't going to suddenly be happy with the way edges were taken away.

I had only just learned how to aquire them when the system was taken away. As I stated elsewhere having that rug pulled out from under me was not fun.

Seasonal races is kind of a cruel idea anyway but now as it stands, unless you are caballed and actively retrieving you probably won't get any edges until hero and then when you take them, you have a choice of forced deletion or not.

I am simply asking that given the current climate, might it be a good thing to change that?

What I didn't for ask to be quasi-flamed by a staff member.

KstatidaSun 05-Mar-17 07:47 AM
2214 posts
#67363, "RE: Kinda why I wrote the post right? That's, imho, a b..."
In response to Reply #16

>now as it stands, unless you are caballed and actively retrieving you probably won't get any edges until hero

That is quite far from reality. Which is why you are perceived as a troll yourself.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67328 Previous topic | Next topic