Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPanseasonal Edge in the new age?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67328
67328, Panseasonal Edge in the new age?
Posted by East_Rd_Trucker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With edge points being all but impossible for some players (Looking at myself) to aquire, would you consider making this edge irrelevant? Would you consider getting rid of the early expiration date of seasonal races instead?
67341, Meaning you want to try Taar again?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please spare us.

Also Panseasonal champ you can get on your hero edge points - please do us a favor and take herbalist instead.
67342, You Auldr give the guy some benefit of the doubt. (n/t)
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
67348, I did not play that character. N/T
67349, Murphy gives you benefit of the doubt
I don't
67351, That's on you.
But I never played that character.
67333, The edge becomes cheaper as your character matures.
As far as I know, it should be easy to get by the end of the season if you play a lot during your time.
67335, There are no such things as cheap edges anymore.
Not for me anyway.

And I was thinking it got cheaper based on Imm exp of which I'm not good at getting either.

I just think in the current climate it woukd be nice to see it go.
67340, Only if Trib bards automatically get Troubadour.
NT
67352, How is that anything but a troll? N/T
67331, Some characters really need to die off early for the sanity of others though. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Grgr
67332, How clever you must fancy yourself.
I hope it gives you as much satisfaction as I got from your ironic complaint about being outed.

I'll point it out now for the inevitable is about to ensue.

Jalim decided to derail the thread by trolling. Not I.
67334, RE: How clever you must fancy yourself.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly, the constant "predictive" finger pointing gets just as old as anything. Not that I care to "defend" the other's, but you're far better off ignoring the comment than feeding it. It's why you get so many comments - because you respond.

That said, I don't know whether panseasonal has any relevance at all hardly, now that frost and goblin are nonseasonal. I believe centaurs remain so, but am also about as convinced to let it play out. There's been...What, maybe two characters I've seen been seasonal deleted? Wouldn't take much to watch it on a case by case basis.
67337, I believe their have been several posts by players and even a staff member that they won't play them
Due to the mechanic of forced deletion. And now with edges as they are the Panseasonal edge could litterally be the only edge a solo player or Inn player gets.

Also; I totally agree. Jalim trolling me is my fault. If time has proven one thing it's that by ignoring him he will go away.
67338, RE: I believe their have been several posts by players and even a staff member that they won't play them
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ignoring means not responding, not saying anything.

But you could always just be a snide little cunt and see how that works.
67339, So back to the topic...
67344, People not playing seasonals avoids the problem as well.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Perhaps not my preferred way to do it, but saying because they might get deleted because of seasonal auto, particularly when an edge was designed specifically for that, will have very convince me to lobby for change. Also, people need to stop being melodramatic about edges. People don't get JUST one edge option in life. (Unless, of course, you choose uber-broken panseasonal champion and it costs you a bajillion edge points. Yay, Kanlax!)

You want to play a centaur, play a centaur. Don't like the seasonal aspect? Play one of the other 15 or so races.
67347, That's what happened to Gromm
I knew nothing about edges so I didn't know it was broken. So no edges for me :)
67350, Kinda why I wrote the post right? That's, imho, a broken way of seeing things.
People aren't going to suddenly be happy with the way edges were taken away.

I had only just learned how to aquire them when the system was taken away. As I stated elsewhere having that rug pulled out from under me was not fun.

Seasonal races is kind of a cruel idea anyway but now as it stands, unless you are caballed and actively retrieving you probably won't get any edges until hero and then when you take them, you have a choice of forced deletion or not.

I am simply asking that given the current climate, might it be a good thing to change that?

What I didn't for ask to be quasi-flamed by a staff member.
67363, RE: Kinda why I wrote the post right? That's, imho, a broken way of seeing things.
>now as it stands, unless you are caballed and actively retrieving you probably won't get any edges until hero

That is quite far from reality. Which is why you are perceived as a troll yourself.