Subject: "Cabal raiding and edge points." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #66763
Show all folders

AthiolesThu 02-Feb-17 02:58 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66763, "Cabal raiding and edge points."

Why doesn't raiding for cabal items count toward edge points but retrieving does?

Given that both now give varying levels of xp wouldn't it be better to have the edge point tiers based on XP gained rather than a blanket number? For example if someone reraids against 3+ others and gets 2000 xp that would be weighted like 4 undefended retrievals.

Something like this + allowing cabal raiding to be factored in might go a long way in both solving the edge point issues and encouraging more active cabal wars.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Cabal raiding and edge points., Umiron, 02-Feb-17 01:54 PM, #6
Reply I like this thinking, incognito, 03-Feb-17 01:33 AM, #7
     Reply RE: I like this thinking, Bemused, 03-Feb-17 01:53 AM, #9
     Reply Defending should get points too then, KoeKhaos, 03-Feb-17 11:53 AM, #10
          Reply Not to mention incentive not to defend, but retrieve in..., Murphy, 03-Feb-17 11:58 AM, #11
Reply When your only opposition is out-of-range, Murphy, 02-Feb-17 07:02 AM, #4
Reply Cooldown timer (for whole cabal, not just you). NT, wln, 02-Feb-17 12:24 PM, #5
Reply Different cabals have different stance on raiding, Kstatida, 02-Feb-17 05:05 AM, #2
Reply It's easy to solve, wln, 02-Feb-17 05:50 AM, #3
Reply Heh..., wln, 02-Feb-17 03:43 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Heh..., incognito, 03-Feb-17 01:36 AM, #8

UmironThu 02-Feb-17 01:54 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66775, "RE: Cabal raiding and edge points."
In response to Reply #0

The plan at one point was to implement EPs for raiding using some code Daev wrote a long time ago now that tried to sort out how "difficult" a raid was, factoring in number of defenders, attackers, allies, etc. I remember putting in some extra logging to figure out how accurate it was and what the spread was between different types of characters and cabals, but never got around to reviewing it and implementing anything further.

But the basic idea was that raiding solo against 2-3 defenders and winning would be worth something while raiding empty cabals or raiding against some chump you'd obviously walk all over would be worth nothing.

incognitoFri 03-Feb-17 01:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66776, "I like this thinking"
In response to Reply #6

Because raiding vs empty cabals is risk free, for many.

We'll ignore that time I managed to die to an undefended destructor only to have someone log in and loot me before I could get back to my corpse.

Seriously though I'd rather not see the old "no defense, let's raid" get rewarded, because it already pays dividends by removing powers from enemies that log in or forcing retrievals.

BemusedFri 03-Feb-17 01:53 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66778, "RE: I like this thinking"
In response to Reply #7

> raiding solo against 2-3 defenders and winning

I think fighting 1 v 3 + inner and winning should be worth something. Not that it matters, because that would never happen. And if it did happen, that character clearly doesn't need more EP.

KoeKhaosFri 03-Feb-17 11:53 AM
400 posts
#66784, "Defending should get points too then"
In response to Reply #7

Otherwise classes that have a hard time doing enough dps/defnding to kill outer like healers won't get much or any of this love.

MurphyFri 03-Feb-17 11:58 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66786, "Not to mention incentive not to defend, but retrieve in..."
In response to Reply #10

nt

MurphyThu 02-Feb-17 07:02 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66768, "When your only opposition is out-of-range"
In response to Reply #0

what keeps you both from going through the motions over9000 times for EP profit?

wlnThu 02-Feb-17 12:23 PM
Member since 11th Jun 2016
134 posts
#66774, "Cooldown timer (for whole cabal, not just you). NT"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Thu 02-Feb-17 12:24 PM

KstatidaThu 02-Feb-17 05:05 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66765, "Different cabals have different stance on raiding"
In response to Reply #0

So if you make it the same for everyone, the system will heavily benefit Empire.

wlnThu 02-Feb-17 05:50 AM
134 posts
#66767, "It's easy to solve"
In response to Reply #2

a) Each cabal may have it's own multiplier;
b) Second multiplier may be related to the number of cabal members (the more members, the less EP you receive for successful raid).

wlnThu 02-Feb-17 03:43 AM
134 posts
#66764, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #0

I've offered it a year ago. Cabals are not interested in raiding, and if they raid, they are actually makes a good favor to their enemies, granting them edgepoints. So if you raid, you make your enemy stronger. But I've got something in reply "it works, cabals are raiding, so f*k off" I still think it's wrong and twisted logic, though.

incognitoFri 03-Feb-17 01:36 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66777, "RE: Heh..."
In response to Reply #1

A better solution would be to remove ep for undefended retrievals, and grant it for difficult raids.

But difficult would need to take into account the past record of such raids for a raider, and their pk record.

Also, certain builds would be advantaged by the system. Eg monks, where it is hard to stop them doing what they are trying to do (apart from stopping them killing you).

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #66763 Previous topic | Next topic