Subject: "Entropy conjurers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65832
Show all folders

KstatidaMon 19-Dec-16 08:19 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65832, "Entropy conjurers"

Having rolled an entropy conjurer (because well, demons in echoes?), I was baffled to see help entropy.

"In its current incarnation, the Barons of Entropy have focused their efforts through the use of Chaos Magic. Only mages of the appropriate ethos might receive the gifts of the cabal: transmuters, shapeshifters, invokers, necromancers, and anti-paladins."

I hope this is typo and conjurers were accidentally left out?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply This limits the cabal opportunities for evil conjurer t..., Humbert, 21-Dec-16 05:25 AM, #19
Reply RE: This limits the cabal opportunities for evil conjur..., Destuvius, 21-Dec-16 05:30 AM, #20
     Reply Lack of feedback otherwise, Kstatida, 21-Dec-16 08:09 AM, #21
          Reply ENTROPY is coming back., ice king, 21-Dec-16 01:56 PM, #24
               Reply Dude, no complains in this thread, Kstatida, 21-Dec-16 02:25 PM, #25
               Reply Fail, ice king, 21-Dec-16 06:31 PM, #28
                    Reply If you wanted to say anything, Kstatida, 23-Dec-16 04:25 AM, #35
                         Reply I have., ice king, 23-Dec-16 03:53 PM, #36
               Reply Yeah, Bemused, 21-Dec-16 03:49 PM, #26
               Reply I had a lot of fun with my last conjurer., TMNS, 21-Dec-16 08:27 PM, #30
               Reply OH YEAH a cabal of chaotic silly!, Murphy, 22-Dec-16 03:45 AM, #33
               Reply nt, Murphy, 22-Dec-16 03:46 AM, #34
Reply Brief look at vokers and necros, AncientNewbie, 20-Dec-16 02:50 PM, #14
Reply RE: Brief look at vokers and necros, ice king, 20-Dec-16 04:20 PM, #16
     Reply Oh throw your crystal to the junk, Kstatida, 20-Dec-16 05:10 PM, #17
     Reply ...greater undead?, Murphy, 20-Dec-16 09:04 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Brief look at vokers and necros, AncientNewbie, 21-Dec-16 01:03 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Brief look at vokers and necros, ice king, 21-Dec-16 01:49 PM, #23
     Reply RE: Brief look at vokers and necros, AncientNewbie, 21-Dec-16 11:30 PM, #31
          Reply Cool beans., ice king, 22-Dec-16 02:22 AM, #32
     Reply We still basically know nothing about the cabal., laxman, 21-Dec-16 06:49 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Brief look at vokers and necros, incognito, 21-Dec-16 05:44 PM, #27
Reply Conjurers have to bind servitors in order to use them., ice king, 19-Dec-16 01:47 PM, #6
Reply RE: Conjurers have to bind servitors in order to use th..., Habbs, 19-Dec-16 04:13 PM, #7
Reply They bind them against their will. It's not complicate..., ice king, 19-Dec-16 10:58 PM, #11
Reply You're thinking of Outlanders., jalbrin, 19-Dec-16 07:08 PM, #8
     Reply Entropy doesn't care about their freedom?, ice king, 19-Dec-16 10:55 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Entropy doesn't care about their freedom?, Habbs, 20-Dec-16 01:43 PM, #12
               Reply Meh, N b M, 20-Dec-16 01:49 PM, #13
                    Reply This, plus they are about principle., ice king, 20-Dec-16 04:11 PM, #15
Reply RE: Entropy conjurers, Habbs, 19-Dec-16 10:58 AM, #4
Reply Freeeeeeeeeeddddddddoooooommmmmmm, laxman, 19-Dec-16 08:53 AM, #2
Reply Nothing really chaotic about conjuration. , Lhydia, 19-Dec-16 08:49 AM, #1
     Reply Hit the nail on the head., TMNS, 19-Dec-16 10:42 AM, #3
     Reply You underestimate my fantasy, Kstatida, 19-Dec-16 11:38 AM, #5
     Reply i hope they get new powers, laxman, 19-Dec-16 08:09 PM, #9

HumbertWed 21-Dec-16 05:25 AM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65857, "This limits the cabal opportunities for evil conjurer t..."
In response to Reply #0

Which is a pity, because evil conjurer is a hell of a lot of fun.

I don't think it breaks game balance too much to allow conjurers in? The synergies in Entropy right now would be:

1. Invokers (shields and AoE)
2. Transmuters (haste/slow and lag)
3. Shapeshifters (weak lag)
4. Anti-paladins (lag)
5. Necromancers (nothing other than sheer deathfulness)

Conjurers are pretty much the same as Necromancers in that they offer only deathfulness.

Contrast that with certain additions with more synergy:

1. Bards (song buffs and AoE)
2. Warriors (benefit from quickening, very good lag)
3. Assassins (scouting, benefit from quickening, best Nage Waza lag in the game, silent retrieval, hidden threat)
4. Healers (healing and sanctuary and Gate scouting)

DestuviusWed 21-Dec-16 05:30 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65858, "RE: This limits the cabal opportunities for evil conjur..."
In response to Reply #19

Or Tribunal, or Empire, or Herald.

KstatidaWed 21-Dec-16 08:09 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65859, "Lack of feedback otherwise"
In response to Reply #20

means that we won't hear an answer because it's questy stuff and we'll have to sacrifice the only virgin left in Thera to demons (who are inherently chaotic) in order to let conjurers in?

ice kingWed 21-Dec-16 01:56 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
#65862, "ENTROPY is coming back."
In response to Reply #21

And all I see here is people complaining. I don't know about you, but I've been jumping for joy ever since I saw evidence that this really is happening. I know of others that are just as happy if not more about this. I've heard of old players that are going to make a return once the cabal is up and running. All this good stuff happening, but you're all mad because conjurers are not entropy_kosher? You're going to nit pick and complain about the imms just because of that?

Come on.

KstatidaWed 21-Dec-16 02:25 PM
2214 posts
#65863, "Dude, no complains in this thread"
In response to Reply #24

You misunderstand something.

ice kingWed 21-Dec-16 06:31 PM
162 posts
#65866, "Fail"
In response to Reply #25

nt

KstatidaFri 23-Dec-16 04:25 AM
2214 posts
#65883, "If you wanted to say anything"
In response to Reply #28

Feel free to do so.

ice kingFri 23-Dec-16 03:53 PM
162 posts
#65896, "I have."
In response to Reply #35

You haven't.

BemusedWed 21-Dec-16 03:49 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#65864, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #24

All of a sudden everyone wants to play conjurers. I must have missed the memo. You could not pay me enough to play a conjurer post edge-nerf.

TMNSWed 21-Dec-16 08:27 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#65868, "I had a lot of fun with my last conjurer."
In response to Reply #26

Which was pre-edge nerf, but I think I only had 2 edges in 66 hrs, so it's not like I missed much.

I thought they were amazingly powerful, even with the severe drawbacks. I never messed with devils or archons, but I could easily solo-rank on hooded mobs as with demons/angels + elemental + familiar. Sure, I'd have to make sure I was near a healer whenever I did it, but still.

That being said, I died a metric ass-load to my conjurations...think I only had 4 "real" deaths in 66 hrs which is pretty damn good for me.

PS Phase Wasp is OP.

MurphyThu 22-Dec-16 03:45 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65871, "OH YEAH a cabal of chaotic silly!"
In response to Reply #24

I'm so happiez.
Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
+100 Lyristeons to everyone.

MurphyThu 22-Dec-16 03:45 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65872, "nt"
In response to Reply #24
Edited on Thu 22-Dec-16 03:46 AM

nothing to see here, doublepost

AncientNewbieTue 20-Dec-16 02:50 PM
Member since 26th Oct 2010
29 posts
#65851, "Brief look at vokers and necros"
In response to Reply #0

Invokers
Have to repeat the same incantations thousands of times to perfect their ability to cast spells to move forward in the guild. No room for imperfection. Any change to the prescribed methods does not work.

Necromancers
Their life is the study of how to take a corpse and imbue it with a pseudo form of life who has no free will and is only capable of following orders.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to join Entropy. Just saying it's tough to make a justification to exclude conjies but allow those two.

ice kingTue 20-Dec-16 04:20 PM
162 posts
#65853, "RE: Brief look at vokers and necros"
In response to Reply #14

Mages can have different tones of voice and still get the same spells right. They could have different accents, and still get the spells right. There is plenty of room for imperfection, as long as you have magical talent in your blood or genes and as long as you get the words right. There is absolutely positively no room for error when drawing the wards of a conjuration barrier. NONE!

As for necros, when someone dies their soul leaves the body. The leftover body is nothing more than decomposing matter that is slowly returning to the earth. The earth is where we find material to make tools, tools we use. Those bodies are nothing more than material from which to use to make tools. They are no longer living, merely animated, and thus have no freedom to take from them.

Conjurers summon beings away from their home worlds against their will, and then to make matters worse they bind them against their will to serve the conjurer. There is no justification needed. It's clear as crystal.

KstatidaTue 20-Dec-16 05:10 PM
2214 posts
#65854, "Oh throw your crystal to the junk"
In response to Reply #16

It's not clear! WE WANT ENTROPY CONJURERS!

MurphyTue 20-Dec-16 09:04 PM
1639 posts
#65856, "...greater undead?"
In response to Reply #16

NT

AncientNewbieWed 21-Dec-16 01:03 PM
29 posts
#65860, "RE: Brief look at vokers and necros"
In response to Reply #16

So you're trying to tell me that incantations can be imprecise but circles have to be precise? I'm not buying it.

ice kingWed 21-Dec-16 01:49 PM
162 posts
#65861, "RE: Brief look at vokers and necros"
In response to Reply #22

That's not what I said, but if you want to be an ass about it here you go.

So you're trying to tell me that all races in Thera sound *exactly* alike? You're trying to tell me that a human sounds exactly like a duergar which sounds exactly like a drow which sounds exactly like a fire giant which sounds exactly like a gnome which sounds exactly like an arial which sounds exactly like a felar which sounds exactly like an elf? On top of that you're trying to tell me that all men sound EXACTLY like all women? I'm not buying it.

AncientNewbieWed 21-Dec-16 11:30 PM
29 posts
#65869, "RE: Brief look at vokers and necros"
In response to Reply #23

Nope, I actually agreed with you on that point. I was more going for circles seem more like incantations in that you have to have all the key points correct, but it doesn't seem feasible they would all be drawn with the exact same size/line weight/etc to them.

And ease up. Wasn't being an ass. You disagreed with me and I disagreed with you. That's just a discussion.

ice kingThu 22-Dec-16 02:22 AM
162 posts
#65870, "Cool beans."
In response to Reply #31

And hey who knows what will happen. Maybe after three months the demons or whatever will turn on the cabal, and they'll be recruiting conjurers to dimsiss them or something crazy. Who knows.

I see what you're saying about the circles. In my head yes they actually would be drawn with the exact same size/line weight/ect. All different points of view. Sorry for calling you an ass, my bad.

laxmanWed 21-Dec-16 06:49 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65867, "We still basically know nothing about the cabal."
In response to Reply #22

All we have from the helpfile is they love freedom/chaos, it's just for chaotic mages except conjurers, and there is some tie in to demons. There have been a number of demons with the titles "of swords" talking to evil mages. The old masters tower has a beer elemental that does old entropy powers.

There are pretty big gaps in the lore right now that could explain the conjurer thing that just haven't been revealed. Given nexus is semi defunct and entropy is Mage only my bet is that we also see masters come back as order mages. You know like the village origin story of the battle between order and chaos mages... Anyway that's my guess.

incognitoWed 21-Dec-16 05:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65865, "RE: Brief look at vokers and necros"
In response to Reply #16

Maybe the conjurer shouldn't use circles, and should randomly pick what he conjures. Although you need to survive to induction...

ice kingMon 19-Dec-16 01:47 PM
162 posts
#65841, "Conjurers have to bind servitors in order to use them."
In response to Reply #0

Yes it's possible to use unbound demons and angels in niche situations, but for the most part conjurers bind servitors. That is how it works, and it goes against everything Entropy is about. Having a familiar would be along the same vein as well, even though they're not bound they are still basically your servant.

HabbsMon 19-Dec-16 04:13 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
#65843, "RE: Conjurers have to bind servitors in order to use th..."
In response to Reply #6

Based on what exactly? The binding is a means to an end, it isn't like it spreads order wherever the bound demon goes. If you are trying to say that the demon would be mistreated in some way in Entropy eyes by the binding, I think your entropist ideals would be better served in the Tree personally.

The only thing in the helpfile for Entropy screams a perfect fit for a chaotic conjurer other than the last like where the class name is missing.

ice kingMon 19-Dec-16 10:58 PM
162 posts
#65848, "They bind them against their will. It's not complicate..."
In response to Reply #7

nt

jalbrinMon 19-Dec-16 07:08 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#65845, "You're thinking of Outlanders."
In response to Reply #6

I don't even have a character right now but here's my guess at it.

Conjurers, in lore, have to follow a precise method and procedure to call and use their servitors. Each line in each rune in the circle must be perfect. They have to act a certain way for each type of servitor in order to get any use from it (and possibly to save their life.)

Even a conjurer who uses his bound servants for chaotic acts has a large part of his life be uttrely routine, the same actions done the same way, over and over. He is predictable. And that's just not the kind of mage they want in entropy.

ice kingMon 19-Dec-16 10:55 PM
162 posts
#65847, "Entropy doesn't care about their freedom?"
In response to Reply #8

Come on man.

HabbsTue 20-Dec-16 01:43 PM
200 posts
#65849, "RE: Entropy doesn't care about their freedom?"
In response to Reply #10

The binding isn't about making them a slave anyhow, it is magic that helps an otherworldly being stay on the prime plane, like they want to be, with safeguards in place.

And..as for Entropy, why do they care what an otherworldy creature does or doesn't want while it is in the prime in Thera...they seek Thera to return to it's natural state, whatever tools are used to do it seem to be a moot point.

N b MTue 20-Dec-16 01:49 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#65850, "Meh"
In response to Reply #12

It probably has much less to do with what the conjurer can call and bind and all that, and more to do with HOW the conjurer does it.

The inherent symmetry within conjuration circles and the geometry required for such a thing is antithesis to chaos, I'd think so anyway.

ice kingTue 20-Dec-16 04:11 PM
162 posts
#65852, "This, plus they are about principle."
In response to Reply #13

I recall a number of people being booted from the cabal because they were powergamers and didn't care about the principles of the cabal. Randomizing rooms with doors in them wasn't the only reason people got the boot from the barons. Yes they are a bunch of chaotic lunatics, but there is very much method to their madness. Conjuration goes against their principles in a number of ways.

HabbsMon 19-Dec-16 10:58 AM
200 posts
#65836, "RE: Entropy conjurers"
In response to Reply #0

I did the same, got the role in, and actually got really really fast role exp on it. Then I talked to the First Mage titled guy and he told me no conjies and I thought he was Fing with me. Then I saw Venara's note in game and about screamed, now the help file confirms it.

Really frustrated, as I was really wanting to try conjurers out in this new capacity, and the role fits it perfect. But now since I got role exp on it, I can't even flip the role to another class and re-roll.

laxmanMon 19-Dec-16 08:53 AM
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65834, "Freeeeeeeeeeddddddddoooooommmmmmm"
In response to Reply #0

I imagine the demons doing business with them might not be find of being bound.

LhydiaMon 19-Dec-16 08:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#65833, "Nothing really chaotic about conjuration. "
In response to Reply #0

Or notes to the cabal as applications. I'm curious to see where this goes. Entropy is either a really great addition or a really horrible addition depending on implementation.

TMNSMon 19-Dec-16 10:42 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#65835, "Hit the nail on the head."
In response to Reply #1

I'm hoping for the former, not the latter

KstatidaMon 19-Dec-16 11:38 AM
2214 posts
#65837, "You underestimate my fantasy"
In response to Reply #1

My conjurer is the epitome of chaos. Perhaps I'm still gonna try it. Becuase if not, I'm gonna join ragers, because there's nothing magical about nightwalkers.

laxmanMon 19-Dec-16 08:09 PM
1867 posts
#65846, "i hope they get new powers"
In response to Reply #1

AP/necro with sleep triggers, mirror image, and dopple would be annoying. Same with necro army and confuse, or being any Mage with no casting garble.

But right now we don't know nothing so I am looking forward to the reveal.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65832 Previous topic | Next topic