Subject: "Recuperate" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65447
Show all folders

Me again (Anonymous)Sun 20-Nov-16 02:23 PM
Charter member
#65447, "Recuperate"

Is there a reason it fails so often even when perfected? Why not treat it like these other things, like sigil, where once it's perfected, it just works? It's not like it gives so much, about 30 hps or so usually. Why the fail rate even once perfected?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Recuperate, Umiron, 20-Nov-16 04:07 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Recuperate, Me again (Anonymous), 20-Nov-16 05:34 PM, #2
          Reply Per the helpfile, Ignolmeer, 20-Nov-16 07:21 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Per the helpfile, Me again (Anonymous), 20-Nov-16 07:27 PM, #4
                    Reply Yes, wisdom could affect the amount instead, Murphy, 20-Nov-16 07:50 PM, #5
                    Reply This feels like not something to get worked up over, laxman, 20-Nov-16 07:50 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: This feels like not something to get worked up over, Me again (Anonymous), 20-Nov-16 09:11 PM, #7
                         Reply Eh, I am not so sure about this, Destuvius, 20-Nov-16 09:24 PM, #8
                              Reply BUT SIGIL DOESNT FAIL. THROW EDGE. n/t, Lhydia, 20-Nov-16 10:22 PM, #9
                    Reply Recuperate is not about healing, Kstatida, 21-Nov-16 03:24 AM, #10

UmironSun 20-Nov-16 04:07 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65452, "RE: Recuperate"
In response to Reply #0

With 20 wisdom and 100% recuperate it should work around 95% of the time. At 15 wis, you're looking at more like 90% of the time.

Me again (Anonymous)Sun 20-Nov-16 05:34 PM
Charter member
#65456, "RE: Recuperate"
In response to Reply #1

Maybe it should be, but it's not. But I guess the question is why have a fail rate at all? Why not just make it work once you have it perfected? It's not so easy to perfect as it is.

IgnolmeerSun 20-Nov-16 07:21 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2016
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65457, "Per the helpfile"
In response to Reply #2

Wise adventurers find this ability most useful. Wise races get some perks for being wise.

Do we need to get into the derivative discussion or can I leave it at that?

Me again (Anonymous)Sun 20-Nov-16 07:27 PM
Charter member
#65458, "RE: Per the helpfile"
In response to Reply #3

I think you're missing the point, I'm asking why have it that way at all? Just because that's how it's been isn't a reason.

It's a very small healing effect, it's all warriors get, berserk can't be done out of combat and it prevents sleep, so why not just make recuperate something that once perfected just works? Lots of the basis for changes I've seen is to reward sticking with a character. Why not this? Where's the balance problem with having it just work once perfected so you can count on your piddly 35 hps every few hours?

MurphySun 20-Nov-16 07:50 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65459, "Yes, wisdom could affect the amount instead"
In response to Reply #4

Unreliable skills are frustrating.

laxmanSun 20-Nov-16 07:50 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65460, "This feels like not something to get worked up over"
In response to Reply #4

It's fairly reliable and does 2Xlevel heal. A 5-10% success rate gap isn't worth getting worked up over.

Me again (Anonymous)Sun 20-Nov-16 09:11 PM
Charter member
#65466, "RE: This feels like not something to get worked up over"
In response to Reply #6

No it doesn't. It does like 35 hps, at hero. And it's the only way to gain any hps at all for a warrior out of combat. Once you perfect it, which isn't easy, it should just work.

DestuviusSun 20-Nov-16 09:24 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65467, "Eh, I am not so sure about this"
In response to Reply #7

There are tons of ways to get HP outside of combat regardless of what class you are. If you chose to build your warrior in a way that has incredibly limited recovery options then I guess you shouldn't be surprised if it takes you a while for your HP to max.

LhydiaSun 20-Nov-16 10:22 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#65472, "BUT SIGIL DOESNT FAIL. THROW EDGE. n/t"
In response to Reply #8

gr

KstatidaMon 21-Nov-16 03:24 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65475, "Recuperate is not about healing"
In response to Reply #4

Pretending otherwise is silly.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65447 Previous topic | Next topic