Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRecuperate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=65447
65447, Recuperate
Posted by Me again on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there a reason it fails so often even when perfected? Why not treat it like these other things, like sigil, where once it's perfected, it just works? It's not like it gives so much, about 30 hps or so usually. Why the fail rate even once perfected?
65452, RE: Recuperate
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With 20 wisdom and 100% recuperate it should work around 95% of the time. At 15 wis, you're looking at more like 90% of the time.

65456, RE: Recuperate
Maybe it should be, but it's not. But I guess the question is why have a fail rate at all? Why not just make it work once you have it perfected? It's not so easy to perfect as it is.
65457, Per the helpfile
Posted by Ignolmeer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wise adventurers find this ability most useful. Wise races get some perks for being wise.

Do we need to get into the derivative discussion or can I leave it at that?
65458, RE: Per the helpfile
I think you're missing the point, I'm asking why have it that way at all? Just because that's how it's been isn't a reason.

It's a very small healing effect, it's all warriors get, berserk can't be done out of combat and it prevents sleep, so why not just make recuperate something that once perfected just works? Lots of the basis for changes I've seen is to reward sticking with a character. Why not this? Where's the balance problem with having it just work once perfected so you can count on your piddly 35 hps every few hours?
65459, Yes, wisdom could affect the amount instead
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unreliable skills are frustrating.
65460, This feels like not something to get worked up over
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's fairly reliable and does 2Xlevel heal. A 5-10% success rate gap isn't worth getting worked up over.
65466, RE: This feels like not something to get worked up over
No it doesn't. It does like 35 hps, at hero. And it's the only way to gain any hps at all for a warrior out of combat. Once you perfect it, which isn't easy, it should just work.
65467, Eh, I am not so sure about this
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are tons of ways to get HP outside of combat regardless of what class you are. If you chose to build your warrior in a way that has incredibly limited recovery options then I guess you shouldn't be surprised if it takes you a while for your HP to max.
65472, BUT SIGIL DOESNT FAIL. THROW EDGE. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
65475, Recuperate is not about healing
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretending otherwise is silly.