Subject: "Bug Board" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65197
Show all folders

Generally Concerned (Anonymous)Tue 25-Oct-16 04:44 PM
Charter member
#65197, "Bug Board"

With the loss of Umiron is anyone looking into bug board submissions? I have posted a few things over the last few weeks and normally there would be a response by now. I was just wondering if the staff had looked into it yet and what was going on. These things would be generally useful to see fixed. Thanks in advance!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Bug Board, Scarabaeus, 26-Oct-16 07:51 AM, #2
Reply RE: Bug Board, Generally Concerned (Anonymous), 26-Oct-16 09:05 AM, #3
Reply Or maybe Plan B, Scarabaeus, 05-Nov-16 08:25 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Or maybe Plan B, Bemused, 06-Nov-16 07:50 PM, #6
          Reply explanation, Scarabaeus, 07-Nov-16 12:40 PM, #7
               Reply RE: explanation, Retan, 07-Nov-16 01:26 PM, #8
               Reply Anagrams yo., Tac, 07-Nov-16 03:10 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Anagrams yo., Scarabaeus, 07-Nov-16 03:54 PM, #11
                    Reply Is every clue an anagram we have to rearrange? nt, DeathIncarnate, 07-Nov-16 06:46 PM, #13
                    Reply Yes, Scarabaeus, 07-Nov-16 07:29 PM, #14
                         Reply Thanks I have solved 7 now nt, DeathIncarnate, 07-Nov-16 09:22 PM, #16
                              Reply I've solved 8. We should perma (nt), Bemused, 07-Nov-16 10:28 PM, #17
                                   Reply btw, submit what you have (if you really have something..., Scarabaeus, 15-Nov-16 03:13 PM, #19
                                        Reply I did :(, Bemused, 15-Nov-16 06:18 PM, #20
                                             Reply RE: I did :(, Scarabaeus, 16-Nov-16 10:49 AM, #21
                                                  Reply RE: I did :(, Bemused, 16-Nov-16 11:12 AM, #22
                    Reply So there are 3 puzzles...., Tac, 07-Nov-16 08:38 PM, #15
                         Reply Meaning the Sultan won't give you the prize, Kstatida, 08-Nov-16 03:08 AM, #18
               Reply Wow that's cruel, Kstatida, 07-Nov-16 03:36 PM, #10
               Reply RE: explanation, Jarmel, 07-Nov-16 04:04 PM, #12
Reply RE: Bug Board, Destuvius, 25-Oct-16 05:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Bug Board, Generally Concerned (Anonymous), 26-Oct-16 09:06 AM, #4

ScarabaeusWed 26-Oct-16 07:51 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65199, "RE: Bug Board"
In response to Reply #0

I was out of the country for two weeks with very limited access, so unless the MUD took a nose dive I was not involved.

Now that I'm back we're going to wrap up the end-of-Age story in the next two weeks so we can move forward.

Generally Concerned (Anonymous)Wed 26-Oct-16 09:05 AM
Charter member
#65200, "RE: Bug Board"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for the reply! I didn't want to sound snippy in the original post, I was just wondering was all. Hope you had fun on your trip!

ScarabaeusSat 05-Nov-16 08:25 PM
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65244, "Or maybe Plan B"
In response to Reply #2

As puzzle-solvers throughout Thera labor in vain to solve the revelation of the Fates, the Sultan, eager to have a hand in shaping the coming Age, encourages his Chief Prophet to do whatever is necessary to unlock the mysteries of the clues.

Entering a trance and delving into the depths of the Dreamlands, the holy man does so with a scrap of paper in his hand reading, "BANEFUL ORBITER".

Members of the royal court watch over the robed dreamer for one hour, then two. Suddenly, the supine seer begins spitting up sea water before his limbs go limp. Rushing forward to the dead man's body, the members of the court find the characters "ARBITERS" carved across his forehead in a jagged hand.

Rumors of this death filter out from the palace and into the streets. Meanwhile, the Sultan dismisses his seers and returns sullenly to his chambers.

BemusedSun 06-Nov-16 07:50 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
#65247, "RE: Or maybe Plan B"
In response to Reply #5

My guess was "BANEFUL ORBITER" was asteroid since that kinda fit with the tailing star and also meteorites falling from the sky.

Can you explain the logic between baneful orbiter and arbiters? It might help pave the way to me solving one more piece.

I mean I am (was) pretty sure I know slim sol heptad and castrated grunge hornets but after getting baneful orbiter so horribly wrong I just don't know.

ScarabaeusMon 07-Nov-16 12:40 PM
1524 posts
#65248, "explanation"
In response to Reply #6

BANEFUL ORBITER ➜ BEFORE TRIBUNAL

RetanMon 07-Nov-16 01:26 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
218 posts
#65249, "RE: explanation"
In response to Reply #7

Well, that counts me out. Ha!

I get the connection now, but I suck at doing these. LOL

I can't wait to see it all go down though!

TacMon 07-Nov-16 03:10 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#65250, "Anagrams yo."
In response to Reply #7

Would have beene useful info...
>
>

ScarabaeusMon 07-Nov-16 03:54 PM
1524 posts
#65252, "RE: Anagrams yo."
In response to Reply #9

Would have been less puzzlicious...

DeathIncarnateMon 07-Nov-16 06:46 PM
Member since 29th Oct 2005
116 posts
#65254, "Is every clue an anagram we have to rearrange? nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

ScarabaeusMon 07-Nov-16 07:29 PM
1524 posts
#65255, "Yes"
In response to Reply #13

And it can be taken for granted that everything is Thera-related.

DeathIncarnateMon 07-Nov-16 09:22 PM
Member since 29th Oct 2005
116 posts
#65257, "Thanks I have solved 7 now nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

BemusedMon 07-Nov-16 10:28 PM
665 posts
#65258, "I've solved 8. We should perma (nt)"
In response to Reply #16

gr

ScarabaeusTue 15-Nov-16 03:13 PM
1524 posts
#65314, "btw, submit what you have (if you really have something..."
In response to Reply #17

We already have one submission worth two edges to the character. Can't beat that with a stick.

(And, you know, we should wrap this up.)

BemusedTue 15-Nov-16 06:18 PM
665 posts
#65317, "I did :("
In response to Reply #19

Before the Sultan sent out the global note giving out half the answers I sent an unrequited email to you. It probably went straight to junk (zharradam@hotmail.com). I had 5 correct answers that were part of the later note that was sent out.

For the life of me I can't work out the remaining four or so.

ScarabaeusWed 16-Nov-16 10:49 AM
1524 posts
#65327, "RE: I did :("
In response to Reply #20

Sadly, nothing arrived (I even checked the drains on our mail server). What email address did you use?

BemusedWed 16-Nov-16 11:12 AM
665 posts
#65328, "RE: I did :("
In response to Reply #21

scarabaeus@carrionfields.com

I sent you an email via this forum. Hopefully it gets through!

TacMon 07-Nov-16 08:38 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#65256, "So there are 3 puzzles...."
In response to Reply #11

The crossword, which may or may not be difficult to solve if you have the clues... The clues, which are multi-word anagrams which include non-English CF specific vocabulary, and finally, the rules of the puzzle, which could be anything. Even given that they are anagrams, we can't know if the number of words is related (the given clue is) or random. If the clue is 2 words as an anagram, is it 2 words unscrambled?

I'm not complaining exactly, but not every puzzle is solveable...

KstatidaTue 08-Nov-16 03:08 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65259, "Meaning the Sultan won't give you the prize"
In response to Reply #15

Too bad

KstatidaMon 07-Nov-16 03:36 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65251, "Wow that's cruel"
In response to Reply #7

I'm pretty sure I've solved # 11.

JarmelMon 07-Nov-16 04:04 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#65253, "RE: explanation"
In response to Reply #7

I must say ... just when I thought I was making some headway but completely scratching my head on the other 75%. This has set me back to square 1.

Well played Sir. Well played! 😀

DestuviusTue 25-Oct-16 05:39 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#65198, "RE: Bug Board"
In response to Reply #0

Yes, we have people looking at it. I am not a coder so my general use in regards to bugs is to filter out the non-bugs and by not exactly good design things. A lot of the recent things added in are things that I consider to be bugs or oversights that need to be updated. With Scar currently being the only coder on the mud, it is harder to get actual code updates/fixes/work/etc done than in the past.

Generally Concerned (Anonymous)Wed 26-Oct-16 09:06 AM
Charter member
#65201, "RE: Bug Board"
In response to Reply #1

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I tried not to sound angry in the first post, I was just wondering was all.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65197 Previous topic | Next topic