Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectBug Board
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=65197
65197, Bug Board
Posted by Generally Concerned on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With the loss of Umiron is anyone looking into bug board submissions? I have posted a few things over the last few weeks and normally there would be a response by now. I was just wondering if the staff had looked into it yet and what was going on. These things would be generally useful to see fixed. Thanks in advance!
65199, RE: Bug Board
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was out of the country for two weeks with very limited access, so unless the MUD took a nose dive I was not involved.

Now that I'm back we're going to wrap up the end-of-Age story in the next two weeks so we can move forward.
65200, RE: Bug Board
Thanks for the reply! I didn't want to sound snippy in the original post, I was just wondering was all. Hope you had fun on your trip!
65244, Or maybe Plan B
As puzzle-solvers throughout Thera labor in vain to solve the revelation of the Fates, the Sultan, eager to have a hand in shaping the coming Age, encourages his Chief Prophet to do whatever is necessary to unlock the mysteries of the clues.

Entering a trance and delving into the depths of the Dreamlands, the holy man does so with a scrap of paper in his hand reading, "BANEFUL ORBITER".

Members of the royal court watch over the robed dreamer for one hour, then two. Suddenly, the supine seer begins spitting up sea water before his limbs go limp. Rushing forward to the dead man's body, the members of the court find the characters "ARBITERS" carved across his forehead in a jagged hand.

Rumors of this death filter out from the palace and into the streets. Meanwhile, the Sultan dismisses his seers and returns sullenly to his chambers.
65247, RE: Or maybe Plan B
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My guess was "BANEFUL ORBITER" was asteroid since that kinda fit with the tailing star and also meteorites falling from the sky.

Can you explain the logic between baneful orbiter and arbiters? It might help pave the way to me solving one more piece.

I mean I am (was) pretty sure I know slim sol heptad and castrated grunge hornets but after getting baneful orbiter so horribly wrong I just don't know.
65248, explanation
BANEFUL ORBITER ➜ BEFORE TRIBUNAL

65249, RE: explanation
Posted by Retan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, that counts me out. Ha!

I get the connection now, but I suck at doing these. LOL

I can't wait to see it all go down though!
65250, Anagrams yo.
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would have beene useful info...
>
>
65252, RE: Anagrams yo.
Would have been less puzzlicious...
65254, Is every clue an anagram we have to rearrange? nt
Posted by DeathIncarnate on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
65255, Yes
And it can be taken for granted that everything is Thera-related.
65257, Thanks I have solved 7 now nt
Posted by DeathIncarnate on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
65258, I've solved 8. We should perma (nt)
gr
65314, btw, submit what you have (if you really have something)
We already have one submission worth two edges to the character. Can't beat that with a stick.

(And, you know, we should wrap this up.)
65317, I did :(
Before the Sultan sent out the global note giving out half the answers I sent an unrequited email to you. It probably went straight to junk (zharradam@hotmail.com). I had 5 correct answers that were part of the later note that was sent out.

For the life of me I can't work out the remaining four or so.
65327, RE: I did :(
Sadly, nothing arrived (I even checked the drains on our mail server). What email address did you use?

65328, RE: I did :(
scarabaeus@carrionfields.com

I sent you an email via this forum. Hopefully it gets through!
65256, So there are 3 puzzles....
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The crossword, which may or may not be difficult to solve if you have the clues... The clues, which are multi-word anagrams which include non-English CF specific vocabulary, and finally, the rules of the puzzle, which could be anything. Even given that they are anagrams, we can't know if the number of words is related (the given clue is) or random. If the clue is 2 words as an anagram, is it 2 words unscrambled?

I'm not complaining exactly, but not every puzzle is solveable...
65259, Meaning the Sultan won't give you the prize
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad
65251, Wow that's cruel
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I've solved # 11.
65253, RE: explanation
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must say ... just when I thought I was making some headway but completely scratching my head on the other 75%. This has set me back to square 1.

Well played Sir. Well played! 😀
65198, RE: Bug Board
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes, we have people looking at it. I am not a coder so my general use in regards to bugs is to filter out the non-bugs and by not exactly good design things. A lot of the recent things added in are things that I consider to be bugs or oversights that need to be updated. With Scar currently being the only coder on the mud, it is harder to get actual code updates/fixes/work/etc done than in the past.
65201, RE: Bug Board
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I tried not to sound angry in the first post, I was just wondering was all.