Subject: "Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64884
Show all folders

DeathIncarnate (NOT Ranger)Mon 12-Sep-16 12:51 AM
Charter member
#64884, "Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold"
Edited on Mon 12-Sep-16 12:58 AM

I am curious at level 20 Protection heat cold lasts for 24hrs and Endure Cold only last a few ticks. Since endure cold replaces protection heat cold. Surely it should last much longer that a few ticks? Any chance of this being fixed?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold, Destuvius, 12-Sep-16 06:52 AM, #3
Reply RE: Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold, DeathIncarnate, 12-Sep-16 07:41 AM, #5
     Reply Bedouins get endure heat and prot I think, lasentia, 12-Sep-16 10:03 AM, #6
Reply Afair it's significantly stronger and has drawbacks, Kstatida, 12-Sep-16 01:13 AM, #1
     Reply I have noticed that..., DeathIncarnate, 12-Sep-16 01:22 AM, #2
          Reply You can stack them if you have both, Destuvius, 12-Sep-16 06:53 AM, #4
               Reply Also pile up resist preps, Kstatida, 12-Sep-16 01:41 PM, #7

DestuviusMon 12-Sep-16 06:52 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64887, "RE: Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold"
In response to Reply #0

What exactly do you mean it replaces it? There are certain builds where you have access to both protection heat cold as well as endure cold (or heat).

DeathIncarnateMon 12-Sep-16 07:41 AM
Member since 29th Oct 2005
116 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64889, "RE: Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks for the quick reply.

From what I can gather the only ranger build to have access to endure cold is mountaineers and all mountaineers lose protection heat cold. So what I meant that this particular build only has endure cold which lasts 2-3 ticks and grants only 33% compared to a say standard ranger with protection heat cold of 25%. But I guess its just what mountaineers get to compensate for their other abilities. It just seemed odd to lost such a short time...

lasentiaMon 12-Sep-16 10:03 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64891, "Bedouins get endure heat and prot I think"
In response to Reply #5

So maybe they could stack those?
While the mountaineer doesn't get that perk, I don't think you can focus on them alone to make sense of the system in terms of the relative durations. (also, can they be used in combat, I have no idea?)

If nobody could get endure and protection, I think your point makes sense.

Plus I think you can get prot/heat and prot cold and such from other sources, which you could then stack with endure.

But I don't know enough about rangers to really know, I'm just spouting thoughts.

KstatidaMon 12-Sep-16 01:13 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64885, "Afair it's significantly stronger and has drawbacks"
In response to Reply #0

So why would it, considering it's situational.

DeathIncarnateMon 12-Sep-16 01:22 AM
Member since 29th Oct 2005
116 posts
#64886, "I have noticed that..."
In response to Reply #1

Protection heat cold grants 25% cold and 25% fire resistance.

Endure cold grants 33% cold resistance.

I must be missing something.

DestuviusMon 12-Sep-16 06:53 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#64888, "You can stack them if you have both"
In response to Reply #2

Which gets you a fairly sizable redux against either heat or cold. If I remember right its 50% (maybe just a touch lower).

KstatidaMon 12-Sep-16 01:41 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64892, "Also pile up resist preps"
In response to Reply #4

And have racial resist on top of that.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64884 Previous topic | Next topic