Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEndure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=64884
64884, Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold
Posted by Ranger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am curious at level 20 Protection heat cold lasts for 24hrs and Endure Cold only last a few ticks. Since endure cold replaces protection heat cold. Surely it should last much longer that a few ticks? Any chance of this being fixed?
64887, RE: Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What exactly do you mean it replaces it? There are certain builds where you have access to both protection heat cold as well as endure cold (or heat).
64889, RE: Endure Cold vs Protection Heat Cold
Posted by DeathIncarnate on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

From what I can gather the only ranger build to have access to endure cold is mountaineers and all mountaineers lose protection heat cold. So what I meant that this particular build only has endure cold which lasts 2-3 ticks and grants only 33% compared to a say standard ranger with protection heat cold of 25%. But I guess its just what mountaineers get to compensate for their other abilities. It just seemed odd to lost such a short time...
64891, Bedouins get endure heat and prot I think
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So maybe they could stack those?
While the mountaineer doesn't get that perk, I don't think you can focus on them alone to make sense of the system in terms of the relative durations. (also, can they be used in combat, I have no idea?)

If nobody could get endure and protection, I think your point makes sense.

Plus I think you can get prot/heat and prot cold and such from other sources, which you could then stack with endure.

But I don't know enough about rangers to really know, I'm just spouting thoughts.
64885, Afair it's significantly stronger and has drawbacks
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So why would it, considering it's situational.
64886, I have noticed that...
Posted by DeathIncarnate on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Protection heat cold grants 25% cold and 25% fire resistance.

Endure cold grants 33% cold resistance.

I must be missing something.
64888, You can stack them if you have both
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which gets you a fairly sizable redux against either heat or cold. If I remember right its 50% (maybe just a touch lower).
64892, Also pile up resist preps
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And have racial resist on top of that.