Subject: "Multi-Class" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64295
Show all folders

TacWed 27-Jul-16 09:29 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64295, "Multi-Class"

Opens up a whole new layer of customization and only a couple of problematic 1 level dips (thief mostly). I want it. How much coding time would it take (rough estimate)?

On a related, but not the same topic, class titles used to be this thing that told you the level and class of someone. Long ago that ceased being relevant... Why can't we choose our title (from among the class titles we've earned) instead of just getting the generic one for class/level?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironWed 27-Jul-16 12:59 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64297, "RE: Multi-Class"
In response to Reply #0

>Opens up a whole new layer of customization and only a couple
>of problematic 1 level dips (thief mostly). I want it. How
>much coding time would it take (rough estimate)?

Many hundreds, at least.

>On a related, but not the same topic, class titles used to be
>this thing that told you the level and class of someone. Long
>ago that ceased being relevant... Why can't we choose our
>title (from among the class titles we've earned) instead of
>just getting the generic one for class/level?

Two reasons:

1) It's silly when your hero has a title that represents them as some kind of novice.

2) The idea doesn't appeal to me enough to want to code it. Which is probably the case for the vast majority of the ides I hear and the ideas I come up with myself (believe me, I tell myself no far more often than I tell players no).

Beront (Anonymous)Wed 27-Jul-16 10:05 AM
Charter member
#64296, "One big No."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 27-Jul-16 10:06 AM

>Opens up a whole new layer of customization and only a couple of problematic 1 level dips (thief mostly). I want it. How much coding time would it take (rough estimate)?

Its the standart ROM - so it doesn't take much work to do it. Its already there (in the code).

However it will break the whole game balance and mechanic. I saw the thread on qhcf and guys, while ideas sounds fun, its a completly stupid idea. I know, we all want something new, some custumization, new perks and other ####, but breaking the game with multiclass mechanic - is the worst idea. I played enough muds with multi-classes and all of them (all four ) rejected that mechanic.

TL/DR - No game balance.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64295 Previous topic | Next topic