Subject: "Contest suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64031
Show all folders

SaagkriSat 09-Jul-16 09:47 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64031, "Contest suggestion"

Anyone on forum can come up with a new Teir 1 shapeshifter form.

Imms could give all the fields that need info, for example:

focus:
name:
description if looked at:
skills:
automatic skills:
abilities:
etc, etc.

Then they judge the best, or a best for each focus and add them to the game! New content without IMM time being consumed! (Well, besides implementation side).

If none are good enough, no one wins.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironSat 09-Jul-16 10:16 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64034, "RE: Contest suggestion"
In response to Reply #0

The "Halloween forms" is actually a good example of why this doesn't really work in practice. You can only mix the abilities and attributes used by the current forms into enough interesting combinations before you're just calling the same form(s) by multiple names. This is why I tried to give each of those forms at least one fresh thing. So I think this ends up being a really watered down and weak solution unless coders spend a bunch of time coding new shapeshifter features and abilities, at which point they're probably going to want to implement their ideas instead of other people's. And then there's slogging over all the submissions to sort out balance problems, writing issues, etc.

But if Scarabaeus wants to volunteer then he's a better man than I.

SaagkriSat 09-Jul-16 10:25 PM
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64035, "Good points. NT"
In response to Reply #3

nt

TMNSSun 10-Jul-16 03:35 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#64038, "FWIW That was awesome."
In response to Reply #3

Loved all the forms I saw.

Thought the Otyugh was insane. Then you nerfed/corrected it. Yay!

Thought the Hellhound was really cool. Like a slightly weaker lion, but you could immolate people (so that's cool).

Thought the Harpy was really interesting.

Laughed when people complained that the cato-whatever was too weak. Then Jalim abused it (thanks Jalim!). I remember when some shifter won a role contest (Nepenthe?) and got basilisk, and it was dope too.

I actually got the Ixit-whatever. It was super sweet. Lots of fun. Incredibly awesome in the water, but didn't have pounce or lag so it wasn't OP. Really loved the skills.

Thanks again.

SPNSat 09-Jul-16 09:53 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#64032, "I would really prefer imms focused on other classes, be..."
In response to Reply #0

I mean, didn't they get the last class boost with Halloween forms?

What about diversification of other classes first? Necro, Healer, Druid, Assassin, Muter all only have one set class path. (As do Conjies and APs, but with different servitors or weapons, those classes too can play VERY different. I guess you could put Druids in this boat with different moon phase/herb set.)

SaagkriSat 09-Jul-16 10:11 PM
801 posts
#64033, "RE: I would really prefer imms focused on other classes..."
In response to Reply #1

I don't disagree. I just saw the shifter thread and thought it would be a neat way to get folks involved and all the code is there already.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64031 Previous topic | Next topic