Subject: "Zealot of the one law question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63607
Show all folders

FG Shaman (Anonymous)Tue 10-May-16 10:13 AM
Charter member
#63607, "Zealot of the one law question"

Is this edge based on your opponents str stat? Or is it based on their remaining hp? Would you mind clarifying how it works?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JormyrTue 10-May-16 11:49 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63608, "RE: Zealot of the one law question"
In response to Reply #0

I believe (based on death thread comments from a warrior who was awarded it) that it's pretty directly - the more str you currently have over your enemy, the more damage you do.

VonzamirTue 10-May-16 03:49 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63609, "Yes it's strength..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 10-May-16 03:51 PM

Throw on enough - str and protect your own and you will get to the next damage noun on melee hits at least and sometimes demonfire or other damage communes. With Kraldinor, I pretty much always did this PVE, but PVP it was usually better to use whatever made the most sense situationally than trying to get to the damage bonus, unless that was the same thing. Definitely an edge worth taking if you are a fire giant anyway, but by itself not enough of a reason to pick Fire Giant.

UmironTue 10-May-16 05:17 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63610, "RE: Yes it's strength..."
In response to Reply #2

>Throw on enough - str and protect your own and you will get
>to the next damage noun on melee hits at least and sometimes
>demonfire or other damage communes.

I'm going to disagree with you on that. The edge only applies to melee hits. With a sufficient strength differential the bonus can be significant, however.

I do agree that in PK it probably only makes sense to focus on strength loss when that's the best strategy and not for the sake of making the edge shine.

VonzamirTue 10-May-16 07:55 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#63612, "RE: Yes it's strength..."
In response to Reply #3

Cool. I likely mistook variations in demonfire damage as being a modifier. I do remember doing oblits from melee hits up from Demos/Devas without a particularly impressive dam roll if I threw everything on mobs to weaken them.

TMNSTue 10-May-16 11:31 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#63613, "I'm still sad that I got it as an axe/mace berserker..."
In response to Reply #3

...and I never really used boneshatter/whirl much because pincer/cranial/drum were always the better options

Ah well, the follies of youth.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63607 Previous topic | Next topic