Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectZealot of the one law question
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63607
63607, Zealot of the one law question
Posted by FG Shaman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is this edge based on your opponents str stat? Or is it based on their remaining hp? Would you mind clarifying how it works?
63608, RE: Zealot of the one law question
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe (based on death thread comments from a warrior who was awarded it) that it's pretty directly - the more str you currently have over your enemy, the more damage you do.
63609, Yes it's strength...
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Throw on enough - str and protect your own and you will get to the next damage noun on melee hits at least and sometimes demonfire or other damage communes. With Kraldinor, I pretty much always did this PVE, but PVP it was usually better to use whatever made the most sense situationally than trying to get to the damage bonus, unless that was the same thing. Definitely an edge worth taking if you are a fire giant anyway, but by itself not enough of a reason to pick Fire Giant.
63610, RE: Yes it's strength...
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Throw on enough - str and protect your own and you will get
>to the next damage noun on melee hits at least and sometimes
>demonfire or other damage communes.

I'm going to disagree with you on that. The edge only applies to melee hits. With a sufficient strength differential the bonus can be significant, however.

I do agree that in PK it probably only makes sense to focus on strength loss when that's the best strategy and not for the sake of making the edge shine.
63612, RE: Yes it's strength...
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cool. I likely mistook variations in demonfire damage as being a modifier. I do remember doing oblits from melee hits up from Demos/Devas without a particularly impressive dam roll if I threw everything on mobs to weaken them.
63613, I'm still sad that I got it as an axe/mace berserker...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...and I never really used boneshatter/whirl much because pincer/cranial/drum were always the better options :) :)

Ah well, the follies of youth.